Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    The local Verizon office was closed today due to their computers being down, so I couldn't get an answer yet. Figured I'd ask you guys to see if anyone has had experience with this.

I took my Treo 600 out of my pocket yesterday, and the screen was smashed. No lie, I have no idea what happened to it. One minute it was fine, then it was junk. Wish I knew wtf happened, but I don't.

Anyways, I pay the extra money for insurance on my Verizon plan, and was wondering if that covered physical damage? Are they going to give me a hard time for having a broken screen? To make matters worse, this is a month-old replacement, as my other Treo wouldn't stop crashing and dropping calls. Unrelated, I know, but I wonder if that makes me look like a problem customer.

If anybody's had experience with Verizon insurance and Physical Damage, please let me know so I'll some info when I show up there tomorrow. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    if you have the $4.95 insurance thing then just claim it and you get a new/refurb for a deductable... dont know what the deductable is on the treo. but the deductable on regular phones is $50
    it is $50
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I pay the $4.95/ month, so I guess I'll be getting a $50 Treo tomorrow.
    Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, all the major carriers use the same insurance company -- lock/line. Their policy is the same across the board with the $50.00 deductible, no matter what you do to the phone.

Meghan Edmonds
    Technical Service Representative

Sprint PCS, Brookwood
    1925 Peachtree Road
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    Voice: 404.351.2225
    Fax: 404.350.7266
    Yeah, except they don't seem to have put any Treo 650 stock aside yet for folks with claims. I won't go into the details of why I don't have a case for mine yet except to say it's my own stupid fault, but I dropped my 650 and busted the screen on Sunday. Probably would have been fine in a case.

Anyway, the insurance folks have nothing to give me. They say they have no ETA on when they'll have them, either. And there is no other way to get one via insurance if they don't have them in *their* stock. They've been pretty snotty about it, too. Verizon doesn't even have a way to give you a loaner phone of ANY type while you wait on YOUR phone, too.

Fortunately I still had my Kyocera 7135 and they reactivated it for me. But I hate it *so* much compared to the 650 that I was going to buy ANOTHER 650 today and simply keep the insurance replaced one as a backup (assuming it ever comes). But then I find that they are completely out of stock everywhere to even buy. *sigh*

It seems Wednesday is store shipment day, so I'll be calling every store in my area later today (already did once, shipments not in yet) because several said that they didn't have any but were expecting some today. Hopefully I can get one of those before the weekend (traveling, and really didn't want to take my laptop).

--Donnie
    Ouch... sorry to hear that. Not to rub it in, but Sprint's warehouse is full of them. =\

Meghan Edmonds
    Technical Service Representative

Sprint PCS, Brookwood
    1925 Peachtree Road
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    Voice: 404.351.2225
    Fax: 404.350.7266
    Seems I've found one at a local store that came in today. It's "on hold" and my assistant is going to pick it up within the hour. *crosses fingers*

As for Sprint, well, if they had *any* kind of decent coverage in more rural areas of NC, well, I would have never left them back when I got my *first* palmphone...the 6035. I live in a pretty rural area and get *some* coverage with Verizon here, but Sprint folks get nothing for several miles. I also had terrible luck with Sprint in western NC, which is also very rural. Verizon has been much better for me in that respect.

Sprint definitely treated me well as a customer, though. *sigh*

--Donnie
    Got lucky, got new phone. Well, if you call having to buy another phone and end up with a backup once the insurance folks get some in stock "lucky", anyway. What I really feel bad about is my stupid mistake (dropping the first phone) caused some other person to have to wait on their Treo. While my assistant was picking up my replacement today a guy came in and wanted one and they were now out of stock and he left without one. *sigh*

--Donnie
    Your backup is a 650. I wish I could be so lucky.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    i wish i could get my freaking replacement from palmone already.... i still have to wait another week or two before i get my replacement.... this sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by ergosum
    Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, all the major carriers use the same insurance company -- lock/line. Their policy is the same across the board with the $50.00 deductible, no matter what you do to the phone.
    This is and isn't exactly correct. I had a Kyocera 7135 that in May the phone turned off and wouldn't turn on. I went to a store and we called lock/line who said they only insure damage or loss, and since mine wasn't damaged and wasn't lost they were not responsible. I got lucky and the guy at the store found a cracked swivel and called back lock/line. They said I made too many claims in one day (even though you're allowed two a year). I argued and they sent me a form to sign and have notarized along with a copy of my bill and ID. Good thing was, they didn't have the 7135 anymore and sent me a Treo 600. I had already bought one since I couldn't wait for them. Even though I could've returned the one I bought, I just gave my wife the new 600 and gave her 7135 to her son. I ended up returning my 600 on the 15th day and got a 650. Everything worked out well.