1.    #1  
    As a student, I cannot afford to pay $45 a month for data service. However, I would like the ability to use the Internet or check e-mail every now and then (maybe a few times a week).

How many KB does downloading a normal e-mail take? How many KB does checking CNN.com take? (If there is a way to disable images and other KB-saving features, please make these assumptions.)

$15 for 1 MB of downloading seems ridiculous, as 1 MB is very easily reached using normal web browsing. Thanks.
    Do you already have your Verizon phone? Have you considered Sprint, with $15 monthly unlimited data access?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    I am under my parent's Family Plan. So my voice actually only costs $20/month. So I wouldn't save that much money by switching to Sprint ($20 voice + $45 data vs. ~$40 voice + $15 data).

Any answers to the KB usage per e-mail / web page? (minus images if possible)
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    according to http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86174 there is a 40mb plan for $20 thats a cheap option. It will give you a nice buffer incase you go over
  5. GXX
    I use the T650 through VZW for my business. 3 IMAP accounts (2 heavily used, no attachments usually), moderate AIM through VeriChat and moderate web browsing results in about 50MB of usage in half a month so far.
    i would not suggest using the pay as you go plan at all

you will get screwed
    get a verizonized treo..

all the free data you want
    uses your minutes
  8. GXX
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownvirus
    get a verizonized treo..

all the free data you want
    uses your minutes
    Can you elaborate on that?
    Virus...is that whate you are still doing. I sold those 2 Verizon treos on ebay for $500 each and took the money and RAN...lol..Im still usin the Sprint Converted ones and I really do like my free internet on it..Wayy cheaper than payin for the verizon branded one....would have been nice to upgrade but I dont want ot pay for the web...I love my MOU and my converted treo