Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    User tbone-Ike reported here about VZW's current promotion for data plan, 40MB for $20/mo. I couldn't find it on their website. Has anyone seen it published? Any lead?
    Ed
    zorz.net
    Palm III > Palm V > palm Vx > Palm m500 > Sony Clie SJ33 > Palm Treo 650
    I dont think that information is accurate.

They just massaged their data plans from 5Mb to 10 Mb for $25. Offering more for less only a few weeks after a revision? I doubt it.
    Could it be that they have me signed up for something else and don't realize it? I've called back on 2 seperate occations and verified that I am signed up for a plan which allows 40Mb of data for $20 a month on my Treo 650. The last time I called, I asked for a promo # or something because some aquaintances of mine (you guys ) couldn't seem to get the same deal when you called. I was told that "promotion eligibility varies by customer" and that they don't use any kind of promotional ID system, but just refer to them by thier specs.

A couple of days after I got the 650, I called late one night and asked a CSR which data plans and options were available for me, and he told me that they were running this promo and signed me up. I'm not sure if it was a short-term promo or if they erroneously signed me up for another type of data service not intented for the 650.

I may call yet again and try to get more info. I don't want to use 40Mb, then have a nightmere on my next bill because my usage wasn't eligible for the plan they signed me up on.

I apologize if I have caused any confusion. I will report back after I call VW again.

-jeff
    Alright, here's what I found out guys (and gals).

I just got off the phone once again with VW Customer Service. Btw, I've been in the IT business for a while, and I must say that VW has exceptional customer service, every time I call!

I explained to the rep what was going on, and that I was on a discussion group talking about my data plan, and no one else could verify the plan, so he gave me some more info to share.

According to him, the 40Mb for $20 is NOT actually a data PLAN, but an "added feature" similar to caller ID, Voicemail, etc. So.....I actaully have the 650 with NO data plan, but have this "added feature" on my account, which like any other added feature can be added or removed at any time. He thinks this is why there was some confusion. This data feature is good for web access, downloads, etc.

Apprently, this feature is still available. He said mentioning the Feature Code or Number KB40 may help!

Let me know what anybody comes up with.

Once again, sorry for any confusion. Hope this helps.

-jeff
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Wow, thank you for your investigation. I am going to a store tonight and will share how that worked.
    Ed
    zorz.net
    Palm III > Palm V > palm Vx > Palm m500 > Sony Clie SJ33 > Palm Treo 650
    I've spoken to 3 VZW customer service reps and they say there is no such plan.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy
    I've spoken to 3 VZW customer service reps and they say there is no such plan.
    Did you try using the code that was mentions above to reference the plan?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,12406.0.html

Its also mentioned here with the same feature code KB40
    I don't know what else to tell you. Sorry if it's not working out; I'm just telling you exactly what I did and what I was told; that this is an "added feature" (not, in fact, a plan) available to VW customers with a PDA/Smartphone.

-jeff
    Polo2883,

Thanks for the post. I'm a newbie around here, and I think people were beginning to think I was either crazy or messing with thier heads!

I think this will be a great option for many VW 650 users; I know it is for me.

-jeff
    Last edited by tbone-Ike; 06/03/2005 at 03:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Is just called and no one knew what KB40 was. I'll keep trying though to find someone who can help. He actually tried to push the old 5MB for $24.99 plan even though it's now 10MB. Ugh. So did you just call the regular custmer service number or something else?
    Polo, Yes, I used the code KB40 and said it was a feature not a data plan as suggested by t-bone. As always, I find VZW support very helpful. They spent quite a bit of time trying to locate such a "feature". It's surprising that out of all the people that read these forums no one as said they were successful.
    According to a CS rep I talked to, Verizon considers all of its data plans to be "added features" that can be removed at any point, so that wouldn't be anything special for a 40MB plan.
    I just activated my 600 for my wife since I have the 650. The lady said there was a 20Mb plan for $24.95 which I signed up for. I asked her about a promotion code and she just said it was listed as option under pda/smartphones.
    Slorandy, so it doesn't sound like you signed up for the KB40 'thing'? Were you not able to?

It was my understanding, per my conversation with the VW customer service rep(s) that you could get the 650 without signing up for one of the formal, more expensive, monthly listed "data plans" which would default you to the .015/kb pay-as-you-go rate. Then you can add this "feature for pda/smartphones" (KB40) which will give you the 40MB for $20. I can only assume that additional usage will be billed at the .015/kb rate.

Again, I've simply been honestly reporting on what I've been told by the various customer service reps that I have spoken with. The intial rep called it a "plan", others an "added feature" for pda/smartphones. The only referance I've been given is the KB40.

I simply called the main Customer Service line, or *611 from the phone.
    The link from Polo2883 seems to be consistant with my experience. I too am suprised (and perplexed) that others cannot seems to get info on this.

Let me know if any of you find out anything more or are able to get success with this scenario as well!

Thanks,
    -jeff
    T-bone, she was very helpful, but couldn't find a plan that gave 40 Mb.
    I jumped on the discussion thread that Polo2883 linked above as well. You may want to keep an eye on that thread too. There is some additional info and a Verizon Wireless employee who is working on getting us some info.

-jeff
    I tried 3 verizon stores and no one knows of it...they all push me to the $25 and unlimited plan. As typical with verizon employees -- no one is interested in looking into it. They just say there is no such thing... So sticking with Sprint..
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I just called and after a very lengthy conversation and he said that KB40 is not a valid ID and that all feature codes are 7 digits long. Any chance those who have a KB40 plan get the 7 digit code?
    I spoke to a few Verizon reps today. There's no 40mb plan.
    They have 5, 10 and 20MB plans all at the same price(?) of $29.95 ($24.95 if you have voice account) I bumped my unlimited to 20mb since I don't travel that much.
    In October of last year they only had the 5MB plan at the $29.95 price.,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast