Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This plan is also now available at vzw, and all the reps can actually find it—what a concept.
    There was no 20mb/$20 or 40mb/$20 plan as of last Friday.
    Can those of you who have received such a thing post real info for the rest of us because neither of these plans is listed on any Verizon customer service reps list.
    I'm still in the 1st billing cycle, so I can't post any more info than what I already have until I get the paper / online bill. As soon as I'm able to get more info, I'll go ahead and post it. Until then I'm going to lay low on this thread;there's no point in adding frustration until I can get more specifics.

-jeff
    I just called 611 and asked what plans they had and she gave me the 20/20 option--which I signed up for. It may be a time-limited special but I just did this on Saturday (June 11th). I dropped the first call half way thought the process and had to call another 611 rep who also had no problem finding it.
    I tried a number of times today to get the 40/$20 plan and finally found someone who found it in the system but said it was not available for PDA - but, only for AirCards. I also found a rep who tried to add the 20/$20 plan to my account, but, she was unable to do so. The system would not allow that. However, she was able to add the unlimited plan. So, there appear to be some other constraints or conditions related to different accounts which make the plans available or unavailable.
    unlimited data from vzw is 49
    nycfonephreak,

I just called 611 and asked the rep to check for any restrictions on the 20/20 plan--she said she couldn't find any. Said all you need is pdaphone. This arbitrary response pattern by vzw reps is definitely curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycfonephreak
    ...I also found a rep who tried to add the 20/$20 plan to my account, but, she was unable to do so. The system would not allow that. However, she was able to add the unlimited plan. ...
    Perhaps "the system" that would not allow that, was her "selling system": (cajoling customers into buying the option which brings her the highest recurring monthly payment on your account?)

Sorry to be cynical ...

BTW: Isn't Sprint a little cheaper? (I pay something like $10/month for data
    and current new plans are something like 15/month extra for data.)

BTW2: Someone on the train told me that the Verizon unlimited ($49) plan
    is unlimited "data", but that it also eats into your minutes. Is that true?
    [I'd like to know, because a friend is interested in buying a Verizon Treo 650.]

thanks,
    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    doesnt use mins as far as i know
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy
    Perhaps "the system" that would not
    Sorry to be cynical ...

BTW: Isn't Sprint a little cheaper? (I pay something like $10/month for data
    and current new plans are something like 15/month extra for data.)
    All other things being equal, then yes, Sprint would be the better deal. But, all other things are not equal where I live - like reception and quality of service. I switched from Sprint because I could not use the phone in my apartment. My neighbors with Sprint service still cannot use their phones in my building. I also had very poor service with my Sprint aircard on a number of trips to Florida. I have almost no problems using my VZW aircard in those same locations and VZW service in my apartment is excellent (I use it for all my LD calls now). While I'm not exactly thrilled with VZW's higher data rates, I am willing to pay more for service that works where I need it to work rather than pay less and have service that I can't rely on.

FWIW, I am not one of those customers who thinks his provider can do no wrong. I'm simply happier with VZW's performance in the specific areas that I live in and travel to frequently. I also happen to be a Sprint shareholder and I wish them well because their success is my financial gain.
    611 reps still show no 20mb/$20 package at all. Any special code# or other info to actually have the reps locate this?
    He was surprised that they had signed me up for a 20mb/$29.95 ($24.95 with voice).
    According to him it was a mistake and the highest is 10mb plan.
    Wish Verizon knew about their own data plans.
    Ok everyone, call 18009220204 or 611 and ask or go to extension 3059. The guys name is Kevin and I spoke to him less than 2 minutes ago. I asked him to search for promo KB40 and it popped right up. I told him I was getting the 650 tomorrow and would call him back to activate because he couldn't activate it without have a smartphone on my account. Hope this is the best first post in a while and let me know how it goes.

Nikk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycfonephreak
    All other things being equal, then yes, Sprint would be the better deal. But, all other things are not equal where I live - like reception and quality of service. ...
    That makes sense. I've noticed that Sprint is generally good along highways
    and "a little bit to the right and to the left", but that I'm "uncovered" often
    when I went camping with the Boy Scouts. I was forgetting about coverage,
    as I'm generally in the city (Boston/Cambridge) most of the time these days.

Quote Originally Posted by HumP
    doesnt use mins as far as i know
    (Good, thanks!)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Anyone have anything new on this I am waiting on Kevin to call me back, he is working from 2-11 tonight but his voicemail is not setup. He has been sent 3 emails by three different reps. I am now signed up for the 20mb for $2X.XX until they get it all figured out. I talked to 7 reps between last night and now with no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone-Ike
    Apprently, this feature is still available. He said mentioning the Feature Code or Number KB40 may help!

Let me know what anybody comes up with.
    Got my phone last Thursday(6/23), got it online on Friday.

After reading through lots of threads on this website, I was watching my account like a hawk. I have always been on MOU with my 7135. I saw 3M of data use hit my account on Tuesday night, so I called the data tech support line Wednesday morning. The tech confirmed that I was now on "Pay as you go" and was looking at a $45 data bill.

I asked for the "KB40" "feature" to be added to my account, and he was able to find it right away. He had never heard of it, but he found it. He also credited me with $45 to cover the data charges.

I am a B2B customer.

Funny after reading this thread (before some of the messages were removed) I didn't think I had a chance at getting this rate. It was one phone call away.

I can't promise you that you will have this experence, but it did work for me.

Thanks T-bone!

Dave
    Last edited by 45wheelgun; 06/30/2005 at 06:06 AM.
    Has anyone found out what the 7 digit code for this is yet?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12