1.    #1  
    We all know that verizons $45 data plan is outrageous but when they are the only ones in the area, they have you by the .....!
    Anyway,
    I just added picture messaging. And I couldnt believe what I was told. 1st, if you dont have a in-network messaging plan, its 25 cents per pic, 50 actually if your sending it to one of your other phones, i.e. my wifes phone. 25 to send, 25 to receive.
    But on top of that, they charge you 1 minute of airtime to send and 1 to receive. So, you pay 50 cents plus 2 minutes of airtime to send one picture!

And if you pay the 5 bucks (10 for both phones) you get unlimited text and 50 pixs per month. But that adds up to 100 minutes, plus 10 dollars per months.
    I asked the CSR why they charge you per pix plus dock you airtime and his comment was, "Im sure they have a reason". I was like, "Ya, to make money!"
    Just a note to anyone getting new service, if you dont HAVE to have verizon, go with sprint. Verizon is money hungry. Reminds me of Wells Fargo, but I wont even start on that!
    Mark
    screw pic sending
    do ir beaming or use your chat program to send pic
    there is so many reasons that I can talk about how i hate verizon, so what if they got good receptions, besides that whatelse.. they are greedy, their plans are outrageous, and they are stoopid!
    I agree the data plans are ridiuclous! But I have to say I was impressed yesterday that I was able to use my NE2 a month early (after pleading my case to customer service a bit) and in addition got the $100 off for signing up for a data plan that I can cancel right away if I want. I got a 650 for about the a third of what I paid for the 600. They bleed you dry in some areas and help in other areas.
    according to vzw 2/3s of their mobile customers are business, thus the increased data rates :/
    Verizon may be greedy (and I'm a slightly disgruntled, Verizon user), but it's not like Sprint's "free and clear" plan is really either free or clear. If price is your number 1 issue, T-Mobile tends to be lowest.
  7.    #7  
    The reason I switched to Verizon is because I have to travel to North Dakota (way north!) every month for work. And the only provider there is Verizon. I had reception with Sprint but was roaming, which was ok since I paid 5 bucks for the "no roaming".
    But I had no data up there, so I could never check my mail or use PDANet.
    Not that the minutes and cost are a big deal, but I really hate it when companies just start to nickle and dime you to death.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wantsatreo
    Verizon may be greedy (and I'm a slightly disgruntled, Verizon user), but it's not like Sprint's "free and clear" plan is really either free or clear. If price is your number 1 issue, T-Mobile tends to be lowest.
    I'm on sprint and don't know anything about the free and clear plan. I'm paying like 10 bucks a month for their vision plan. I surf the web, stream audio, and message many times a day with no extra charges. I'm not that familiar with t-mobile, cause I've heard that their coverage is terrible in this area. Are they that much cheaper?
    My understranding of "Free and Clear Plan" is if you go over your anytime mins you will not be charged w/the XXcents a minute. You get charged $5.00 per 100 mins over.. I think Sprints plans are great. $10 unlimited data plan, plus 25% off monthly bill!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    My understranding of "Free and Clear Plan" is if you go over your anytime mins you will not be charged w/the XXcents a minute. You get charged $5.00 per 100 mins over.. I think Sprints plans are great. $10 unlimited data plan, plus 25% off monthly bill!
    The plan you are describing is called the "Fair and Flexible Plan"
    Not that it meets Sprints pricing, by any means, but VW is running a data promotion that gives you 40Mb for $20 a month.

Just thought I'd mention it for anyone browsing this thread

I predict (and hope) that VW will come down to meet the competition. We Treo and data users are the one's writing the fat checks, and I can only assume VW will begin to see the benefits of getting and keeping accounts like ours.

-jeff
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone-Ike
    Not that it meets Sprints pricing, by any means, but VW is running a data promotion that gives you 40Mb for $20 a month.

Just thought I'd mention it for anyone browsing this thread

I predict (and hope) that VW will come down to meet the competition. We Treo and data users are the one's writing the fat checks, and I can only assume VW will begin to see the benefits of getting and keeping accounts like ours.

-jeff
    It's news to me. Where did you get this information, please? I saw 20MB for $40 (bottom of this page: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/m...cess/index.jsp) but not the opposite. Sounds exciting, I am just about to buy Treo.
    Ed
    zorz.net
    Palm III > Palm V > palm Vx > Palm m500 > Sony Clie SJ33 > Palm Treo 650
    I just got off the phone with VZW. They don't know anything about this promo.
    Ok - I just called again to verify and to make sure they didn't get it backwards, and I am getting 40Mb for $20 per month. I asked the customer service rep for a promo number, but she said they don't use specific, generalized promo ID's. She also mentioned that promotion eligibility varies by customer. Maybe since I'm a 3-yr customer I'm eligible? I am also an authorized user on our fairly small corporate account, but I made no mention of that and didn't give them any corporate numbers or account info (my personal account is totally seperate).

I didn't realize the promo's worked this way, although I did hear of someone getting a $50 "loyalty discount" on a Treo. Maybe they do offer different promos based on customer history, etc.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

-jeff
    Can you print a screenshot from your online account access?

Verizon has something similar for National Access, but that's not a plan that the Treo should be eligible for.
    I can't seem to find where the current data plan listing is on the online account access. I just made the change last week which is still my current billing cycle.
    That being the case, where would I find this listed online?

I'm certainly not going to complain

-jeff