1.    #1  
    I am going to costa rica i am wondering if i will be able to roam with my sprint treo 650. I found one site saying they have amps 800 and tdma 1900 but don't know really what that means....thanks
    all cellphones can be very spotty and unreliable down there. at least they were for us in the NW coastal area.
    I just got back from CR and none of the cell phones we had worked. I had tmobile, one of my buddies had verizon and my other buddy had sprint.

CR is a very cool place. Hope you have a good time?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmdieter
    I am going to costa rica i am wondering if i will be able to roam with my sprint treo 650. I found one site saying they have amps 800 and tdma 1900 but don't know really what that means....thanks
    Treo 650 will not work, it is CDMA only.

If you had an older Sprint phone that supported Analog (AMPS 800) then it might work. The Samsung i500 is one phone that supports AMPS 800.
    I brought along my Treo 650 Sprint PCS phone to Costa Rica a couple months ago and had no reception at all. I really only took it with me for the information stored on it and playing movies, etc.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for all the help and input