1.    #1  
    I just set this up on my Treo 600, it's ridiculously easy to set up. Silly me, I didn't realize you can go to "New" on the Network Prefs.

Basically, you got to Prefs-> Network. Click on Menu and "New."

Settings are:
    Virtual Modem
    username: qnc
    password: qnc
    Phone number: #777.

Leave that as the preferred setting (just switch to another app). My Data speed dropped from 50 kbs to about 15 kbs, but if this works the same as other phones, doesn't it get deducted from your total minutes?

I need to test this out. Anyone else try this?

(p.s. even better, on Virtual Modem settings, it will automatically log you out in 1 minute so you don't accidently get massive minute fees).
    Yes, I just got a 600 and did the same thing: it deducts from minutes AND charges you .015 per kilobyte... however your data usage won't show up until a few days later, so beware thinking it's not costing anything.
    Vockviel...keep in mind that it depends on when you signed up for your service plan. I use qnc and it does not charge per kb.
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    Vockviel...keep in mind that it depends on when you signed up for your service plan. I use qnc and it does not charge per kb.
    True... depends if you're (hopefully) grandfathered in with a MOU plan (which I am not) or if you are for some reason using qnc with a data plan...
  5.    #5  
    Well, after some testing, it seems that these settings only take away from my data plan, they don't do anything to my minutes.

In fact, when I did more speed testing, I'm getting speeds up to 99 kbs, so I think it's just the high speed access. there might be ways to set it up differently, using scripts, but I just don't know yet.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    QNC on T600s (and probably 650s) will automatically route you to the 1xRTT network.

If you want low-speed minutes-only data, you'll need to find a non-Verizon dialup ISP and connect to that.

Greedy @#*$)#@$*)@#$s at Verizon.
    Entropy, several of us have tried to set up a dialup connection to our ISP using the 650 and we can not get it to connect, even though it did on our 600's.