Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just went to my local store to pick one up. They have none in stock and none in the wherehouse. They are waiting on another batch. Talk about misreading your customer base. How do you run out in less than 4 CONSUMER days?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    try ordering it from p1 directly. its free shipping and they offer the same pricing if your signing contract
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by polo2883
    try ordering it from p1 directly. its free shipping and they offer the same pricing if your signing contract
    I just checked their website...est ship 3-4 weeks. The sad thing is...if it really does take a month before I get it...I'll wait around and see what the Samsung i730 has to offer. Somebody dropped the ball on this one.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    It said that for me too, but it shipped the same day
  5.    #5  
    Alright...I will call them and see. Thanks
  6.    #6  
    Nope no luck...3-4 weeks. Straight from customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    I just checked their website...est ship 3-4 weeks. The sad thing is...if it really does take a month before I get it...I'll wait around and see what the Samsung i730 has to offer. Somebody dropped the ball on this one.
    I'm not flaming you by any means, but how did someone drop the ball??? Supply & demand in action. It sucks for you, yes, but we were all pissing & moaning for VZW to release this T650 for forever and a day.

This just shows that this is what the masses requested, & this launch has been succesfull. That's all...

I hope you get it soon!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Customer service also told me that would ship in 3-4 weeks after I placed my order. I let it go and that day I got the email saying it wsa processing and then that night an email saying that is was shipped
  9.    #9  
    1.) This model of supply and demand is skewed. Your supply is suppose to meet the market demand and understanding your customers needs wishes, and demands are the most important fator. They did not anticipate the demand for this product would be this great so there is a possibilty for leakage. The bottom line is to important for leakage in this day and age. The competition is just too great.

2.) A succesful launch is determined by sales. This isn't a rock concert where when they sell out..they have made all the money they can. This is a very volatile market where the slightest miscalulation can cost you a customer, or at the very least, a phone sell.

I am teetering between the Samsung i730 or the 650. (I have the 600 currently) I was prepared to buy one today retail. (So no subsidation..a pure sale.) and later next year possibly pick up the i730. (That would have been 2 purchases) Now they have forced me to wait for the 650 but by the time it comes out...the 730 will also be in the market. So let's say I like the i730 and buy it now. I WON"T be buying another phone for a while. Hence they just lost revenue.

So it doesn't suck for me...it's sucks for them.
  10.    #10  
    Things have changed as of May 26th. They now have nothing. Oh well. My 600 will do me fine for a while.
    1.) This model of supply and demand is skewed. Your supply is suppose to meet the market demand and understanding your customers needs wishes, and demands are the most important fator. They did not anticipate the demand for this product would be this great so there is a possibilty for leakage. The bottom line is to important for leakage in this day and age. The competition is just too great.

2.) A succesful launch is determined by sales. This isn't a rock concert where when they sell out..they have made all the money they can. This is a very volatile market where the slightest miscalulation can cost you a customer, or at the very least, a phone sell.

I am teetering between the Samsung i730 or the 650. (I have the 600 currently) I was prepared to buy one today retail. (So no subsidation..a pure sale.) and later next year possibly pick up the i730. (That would have been 2 purchases) Now they have forced me to wait for the 650 but by the time it comes out...the 730 will also be in the market. So let's say I like the i730 and buy it now. I WON"T be buying another phone for a while. Hence they just lost revenue.

So it doesn't suck for me...it's sucks for them.
    best of luck w/ whatever you choose to purchase!!! Keep us posted. Thanks...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Folks,
    I don't have any insider info here but my educated guess is that PLMO has made their fiscal qtr numbers and their new fiscal qtr starts from next week. This is the reason why they said in their Life Drive press also that they will ship in limited number and the regular shipment will start only from June 1.
    If they are already going to beat their expectations, it makes sense to push some numbers to the next Qtr and give an upbeat conf call about the future.

Companies scramble and ship a lot during the end of the qtr if they want to push a lot in that Qtr but will slow down and move the numbers to next Qtr when we have done enough for that Qtr. WallSt loves it and companies are run to please them. Period.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hypenot
    Folks,
    I don't have any insider info here but my educated guess is that PLMO has made their fiscal qtr numbers and their new fiscal qtr starts from next week. This is the reason why they said in their Life Drive press also that they will ship in limited number and the regular shipment will start only from June 1.
    If they are already going to beat their expectations, it makes sense to push some numbers to the next Qtr and give an upbeat conf call about the future.

Companies scramble and ship a lot during the end of the qtr if they want to push a lot in that Qtr but will slow down and move the numbers to next Qtr when we have done enough for that Qtr. WallSt loves it and companies are run to please them. Period.
    that's very insightful and makes perfect sense.
    How do you run out in less than 4 CONSUMER days?
    A. Verizon does not make the phones...PalmOne may not have been able to / willing to supply more.

B. B2B gets first dibs...and it's been out much longer then 4 days for us.

Erik
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Probably neither company wanted to be stuck with too much inventory on this phone - since it doesn't do EVDO.

This may be a good sign - that the i730 is on its way.

Or maybe even an EVDO Treo - but that would be too much to expect from Palmone.
    Citi, if you call around to various Verizon locations near you, you will probably find stores that have some 650's still in. In my town one store told me that they could only order me a phone from direct fulfillment prior to May 23rd, I went to another store and they said they had 3 in stock that they weren't allowed to display. I thought they were full of it until they brought it out.

Also, I tend to agree with the Wall Street angle from Hypenot, but I also do product roll outs in my company and other companies, and when we try to figure out what our initial roll-out quantities will be we are always wrong. We either have tons more than the demand, or (more often) we misjudge the appeal of whatever product and we run out far faster than we would have thought. Then I get nasty e-mails...

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosiv122
    A. Verizon does not make the phones...PalmOne may not have been able to / willing to supply more.

B. B2B gets first dibs...and it's been out much longer then 4 days for us.

Erik
    Uhhh...

A. Nobody said verizon made the phones.

B. I know they have been out longer (nobody likes a braggar btw) but the supply should be seperate - business and consumer.... I am not a business so I could care less when You got them, but as a consumer..they've been out for 4 days which is my complaint.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by muab
    Citi, if you call around to various Verizon locations near you, you will probably find stores that have some 650's still in. In my town one store told me that they could only order me a phone from direct fulfillment prior to May 23rd, I went to another store and they said they had 3 in stock that they weren't allowed to display. I thought they were full of it until they brought it out.

Also, I tend to agree with the Wall Street angle from Hypenot, but I also do product roll outs in my company and other companies, and when we try to figure out what our initial roll-out quantities will be we are always wrong. We either have tons more than the demand, or (more often) we misjudge the appeal of whatever product and we run out far faster than we would have thought. Then I get nasty e-mails...

Muab---yeah..I called around...nobody has em. It's cool though...I can wait with my trusty 600. Maybe I'll buy an i730. Who knows?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    someone is really butthurt
    Uhhh...

A. Nobody said verizon made the phones.

B. I know they have been out longer (nobody likes a braggar btw) but the supply should be seperate - business and consumer.... I am not a business so I could care less when You got them, but as a consumer..they've been out for 4 days which is my complaint.

You never mention PalmOne as someone to blame anywhere in your annoying rant.

And yes, I agree with you, they should take car of single-line (or heaven forbid up to 5 lines) first then go after customers who have more then a dozen lines...

Its a business...B2B pays more, they get first dibs. It's not Verizon's fault they ran out, and they won't miss you're purchase, as you put it...they make very little off the sale of the phone...so as long as you pay you're monthly bill...they are happy.

Erik
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast