Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosiv122
    You never mention PalmOne as someone to blame anywhere in your annoying rant.

And yes, I agree with you, they should take car of single-line (or heaven forbid up to 5 lines) first then go after customers who have more then a dozen lines...

Its a business...B2B pays more, they get first dibs. It's not Verizon's fault they ran out, and they won't miss you're purchase, as you put it...they make very little off the sale of the phone...so as long as you pay you're monthly bill...they are happy.

Erik
    I didn't mention either way...you assumed. If you had read all my posts you would have seen that said I went into the verizon store. I also said I called palmone. Noone had them.

You never mention PalmOne as someone to blame anywhere in your annoying rant.

You know what I find funny...you wouldn't talk like that to me if I were standing in your face. But it's cool...you are a king in the land of anonymity.

Geez Man, If you don't like my thread...don't come in. Obvious this thread isn't for you.
    Last edited by citi; 05/29/2005 at 05:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    I didn't mention either way...you assumed. If you had read all my posts you would have seen that said I went into the verizon store. I also said I called palmone. Noone had them.

You know what I find funny...you wouldn't talk like that to me if I were standing in your face. But it's cool...you are a king in the land of anonymity.

I am teetering between the Samsung i730 or the 650. (I have the 600 currently) I was prepared to buy one today retail. (So no subsidation..a pure sale.) and later next year possibly pick up the i730. (That would have been 2 purchases) Now they have forced me to wait for the 650 but by the time it comes out...the 730 will also be in the market. So let's say I like the i730 and buy it now. I WON"T be buying another phone for a while. Hence they just lost revenue.
    You are clearly taking your anger out on Verizon, not PalmOne (2 phone sales v 1 Phone sale). And to reply to your other theory, I would most certainly tell you right to your face that you are wrong. I find your rant annoying because you expect everything to go your way and complain when it doesnt. You had 3 days to buy your phone, before it sold out, and you refuse to see the fact that Verizon ran through it's stockpile on B2B customers. Would you have rather them hold of the consumer release so that they wouldn't sell out so quickly...delaying everyone another month?

Things sell out...live with it. When they come back in stock you can pick one up, or not pick one up. Sony's PS2 was sold out for months...and that turned out just fine for them...I somehow don't think this will hurt PalmOne or Verizon's sales (your whole supply/demand pissing off customers statement).

As for staying out of your thread...if you can't handle the cold hard truth, keep your rants to yourself.

Erik
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Citi, I wouldn't get worked up over it. Think of it this way, you saved $400 bucks by not buying the thing and you can wait for something better to come along. Face it, the 650 is at best an incremental improvement over a 4 year old design - and your 4 year old design will probably serve you quite well until that something better shows up. Once Verizon rolled out EVDO it transformed from hi-tech to rotary phone overnight - unless you live in Hooterville, where its still hi-tech.

R.I.P. Eddie Albert (1906-2005)
  4.    #24  
    Look...I am not worked up. This is so way beyond Verizon and P1. I got over that the next day.I do appreciate your response.

I just don't appreciate people who feel the need to drill me because THEY don't like that I talked about their precious Verizon. He acts like he built the treo. Relax.

As for staying out of your thread...if you can't handle the cold hard truth, keep your rants to yourself.

You are the only one ranting. I was expressing frustration about a something that happend to me and you made it personal. You came right at me. I never said anything to you. Just because you have an opinion does NOT give you the right to be mean and then hide behind, "If you don't like the cold hard truth"...

Get off your soapbox and stop acting like you know everything. The only thing you know is how to belittle people. I hope you feel good about yourself. I say it again...anonimity makes people think they say what the want without fear of retaliation. Like flipping somebody off in a car and then driving off. Ever wonder how they feel? But it's not about how they feel, it's about how you feel. Repect others and they will respect you.

This is a forum, and I am allowed to vent. It's not about accepting the truth...which I clearly have no choice but to do..It's not like Palm is going to make a treo specially for me...If so...I'll have one with wifi and evdo it's about respecting people and talking to them in a manner you would like to talked to. So I am done with you and this forum. It was getting mean lately anyway. No matter what anybody posts...there's always someone to break em down. Got feel superior, I guess.

Mean people suck
    palmOne clearly hasn't been the big hold up in terms of willingness to sell the 650 to consumers. They've had it out for a while on other carriers. That, at least in my mind, justifies a consumer disappointment with Verizon's initial order levels of Treo 650s.

I'm more than a little disappointed with Verizon right now. Decided I'm not buying the treo yet, but I'm riding out my contract and will see what happens with the samsung i730.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I thought it would be interesting to see who started with the attitude first, citi or tifosiv122. I believe it was citi when he responded to a post by tifosiv122 with -- Uhhh.... (I sensed sarcastic tone). At that point tifosiv122 responded by calling citi's comments rants. However, it seems to me citi clearly started it. Then he goes onto play the victim!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Can you all just quit and only post info that actually goes with the thread topic. Have you own discussion somewhere else! Tired of reading all the crude.
    Geez. Can't we all just get along?

Anyways.

I happen to have 2 Verizon 650s for sale. I made a volume purchase and 2 people backed out. You can PM me for more info, and for believability, check my eBay feedback under username adimiron.
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    I have 3 PMs in my inbox regarding the surplus phones - I will be replying and trying to work something out with the first 2 people to replay, and onward to the 3rd should either decline to purchase or if another person backs out.

Thanks!
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    Just thinking out loud:

The VZW website had a page where you could enter your e-mail address and be notified of the release date of the Treo 650. Would this give VZW some indication of the demand for the product?

How many of you would have placed a small deposit on a Treo 650 3 - 6 months prior to it's projected release date?
    Just FYI - ordered directly from VRZN on afternoon of the 28th and it was on my doorstep this morning, May 31st ($7 shipping).
    Quote Originally Posted by muab
    Citi, if you call around to various Verizon locations near you, you will probably find stores that have some 650's still in. In my town one store told me that they could only order me a phone from direct fulfillment prior to May 23rd, I went to another store and they said they had 3 in stock that they weren't allowed to display. I thought they were full of it until they brought it out.
    Are you in a major city? I'm in Miami and they told me none of the stores had them in stock. Each customer had to order it and it was sent via FedEx - at least that's what they told me, and I did have to order mine. They did give me a tracking number the next a.m. so I was pleased to find it was shipped.

Pamela
    You should call stores. I went to one store yesterday that was all out, and another store in the area who had 36 650's for sale. Now 34 since my husband and I got two. Anyone near Orange, CT go to the Verizon Store on Rt. 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hypenot
    Folks,
    I don't have any insider info here but my educated guess is that PLMO has made their fiscal qtr numbers and their new fiscal qtr starts from next week. ... WallSt loves it and companies are run to please them. Period.
    I think your analysis is spot-on. The stock has been soaring ever since the VZW release. citi is quite correct that pipeline supply problems in a modern competitive market can be devastating. That hurt Apple once a few years back, when they under-predicted their market and got caught short due to a delay in chip production. But, I suspect PLMO just wants to beat expectations for mutiple quarters. Landing VZW, Cingular-AT&T, Rogers, and Personal all in the same quarter right after getting hammered for failing to meet expectations is going to be a major coup. If they can push some of those numbers into June and report a terrific last quarter, they might make the analysts and the investors very happy.

But, it's a shame that the promises I got from VZW about being able to call my own ISP for data appear to be a lie. There is even a line in the manual saying such calls are blocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by camels1993
    You should call stores. I went to one store yesterday that was all out, and another store in the area who had 36 650's for sale. Now 34 since my husband and I got two. Anyone near Orange, CT go to the Verizon Store on Rt. 1
    camels1993 right, just picked mine up last night at a Verizon store in WH, CT. Just need to call around and see who has some. BTW: So far I really like it. (I am coming from a 7135) I have decided I am going to run it clean for a few day to see if there are any stability issues. Then I will start to install my programs.
    I ordered mine yesterday via direct fulfillment (611) and it's supposed to be delivered this morning. I called around to all of the stores in the Burbank, CA area and none of them had any in stock. A few stores did predict that they'd have more today (thursday) because apparently that's when they get their shipments to replenish inventory.
    Just received mine...so I know they are available through 611 if you want to give them a call.
    I must have gotten really lucky. My earpiece makes a little crackling noise during calls, so I know it's faulty. I listened to my buddies phone, and his doesn't do it. Anyway...I called to have them ship me a replacement...they said they have been out for a couple of days and they don't know when they will get anymore. So, the wait goes on...I need to get a replacement...hopefully they'll let me if it takes longer than my 15 day return policy to get some in.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12