Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a question I was thinkin of gettin a Treo 650 using my NE2 here really soon. And I am using right now MOU with my Verizonized sprint...How can I look @ my plan and see if I still have this on my account. I can't get hit with data fee's and I can't afford a $45 data plan....does this say anthing about mou on the verizonwireless web site under my account info?
  2.    #2  
    Can A Mod Plz Close this thread as I like this one better refers to what I am asking about

Anyone been able to keep MOU for Data on VZW?

B
    If you upgrade to the 650 your old plan will be changed to pay as you go. As long as you stay with the 600 you MOU will remain intact.
  4.    #4  
    Can Anyone 100% Confirm this?
    I am really confused on what is going around online
    confirm what? There is nothing going on online that suggest different. The only real question is will they force you to get a data plan? This is from verizon. On any new plans all smartphones must either have a data plan or be charged pay as you go. The old mou plan has been grandfathered out. If you don't believe me...then go to howardforums.com and check out the info from real verizon employees.
    My understanding is the same as citi. As long as you stay with your existing phone, you'll be okay. If you so much as get an insurance replacement 600 and try and activate it, you'll be forced onto a data plan.

Keep your phone and plan as long as you can if you want to keep MOU.
  7.    #7  
    Im not calling anyone a lier...But I switched from a Treo 650 Sprint converted to Verizon to a Verizon Treo 650 Verizon Brand...added a New Network Connection (not National Access) but a #777 connection and it just took it out of my minutes and I was not charged data for it. The weird thing with data online I didn't have to add a data plan when I added the treo to my line instead of the Sprint Conversion...Whew this is confusing...does this make sense to anyone.
    I am in the same situation as you. I switched over from my Verizonized Treo to a legit Verizon phone and was wondering the same thing. I specifically told the customer rep that I still want MOU and not "pay as you go" or any other data plan and he agreed. I guess the only way to see if you still have MOU and you switched phones is wait for your next bill.

Another thing was that I had to do was add a new connection (as I did with my other phones) and input VZW info per my MOU plan. Cross my fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    My understanding is the same as citi. As long as you stay with your existing phone, you'll be okay. If you so much as get an insurance replacement 600 and try and activate it, you'll be forced onto a data plan.

Keep your phone and plan as long as you can if you want to keep MOU.
    Well, I'm going to have to test this as soon as I get my phone. Each time I change something on my plan, they start my contract over again, saying they consider it a new contract term. However, VZW has already told me that they do not consider my swapping a 650 for a 600, a change in contract. I'm going to argue up the line that they cannot now end the MOU without releasing me from having to pay an ETF since, in effect, they are terminating my contract early by changing a material provision. I think VZW has the best coverage, but there are other carriers and I have a limit on what I'm willing to pay for certain levels of service. Besides, sometimes you fight the battle just because you have to.
  10.    #10  
    Well I switched it back and forth and creating a new connection under the "High Speed Wireless" and I was not charged it just took it out of my mins and I am not on a data plan...so if I use the National Access then I am for sure going to be charged to use the net. Its a trade off between a sprint phone im using now and havin a verizon one thtatss at least covered with my insurance...id rather use my mins then having to pay the $45 for data if ne thing @ all..

B
    In order to initialize a 650 the system is required to add some form of data plan. Whether it be unlimited 5mb or pay as you go it has to be added to turn the phone on. It's literally in the program. There is no way around it.

Now instead of waiting for your bill, why don't you just call a csr and ask them how much data you have used?
    if u use the verizonized phone
    they can force a data plan..or charge u data..cuz they dont know how or what ur using..cuz its an unknown phone

thats why i still use my verizonized one

although i fear the day i need a replacement or one my keys goes bad
    who do i talk to?
  13.    #13  
    Well shiz...I just called CS and my treo said I have used 650K total Kilobytes....I have the pay as you go now....but I created a new connection and I amnot using the national access and I have not been charged the CS lady said....she confirmed with me that they cant add a treo in the sytem w/o a data plan...plain and simple...well im going to byte it and just use the treo and its a pain if I cant use data...one of my keys on my old treo was goin out and im like you virus...how do I fix it...Palm wanted $200 to fix it and Im not about to go through that....if anyone else can confirm my method of not being charged by creating the new connection and you keep it under a certain level they might not know we are not using the National Access Service...But like it or not they have to add a plan...its if we decided to use that national access connection though..

B
    I just got my Verizon 650 from Palm1 today. I had to call Verizon CS to activate it (switching from an LG phone) and totally forgot to sign up for a data plan. That did not stop them from activating the Treo which I was able to use for phone calls. I did call back to get a data plan for $45.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmanva
    I just got my Verizon 650 from Palm1 today. I had to call Verizon CS to activate it (switching from an LG phone) and totally forgot to sign up for a data plan. That did not stop them from activating the Treo which I was able to use for phone calls. I did call back to get a data plan for $45.
    It wouldn't stop them from setting you up because they placed you on pay as you go. They just didn't mention it to you.
  16.    #16  
    well My data tonight was updated on Vzw.com I went from 0kb to 117kb and I dont know how much that is going to be but I put the Verizon 650 on Ebay and I am going to continue to use my Sprint one so far...

B
    it's going to be a little over 15$. It's about 15$ a mb
    No, it's 0.015 per kb. 117 * 0.015 = $1.76
  19.    #19  
    Well...Imagine you are shopping with your gf walkin around the mall and you want to use Veri Chat to see who is online or you want 2 use your weekend minutes...that is why I love the unlimited Min on the sprint verizonized phones....well its all settled now..I sold my last 2 Treo 650's on ebay just now
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberBec
    No, it's 0.015 per kb. 117 * 0.015 = $1.76
    my bad..I thought it was 1117 not 117. thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast