Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For us Verizon users who have been grandfathered into this data plan, what are the other alternatives from Sprint or Cingular or whoever? For me, this is really getting me to think about switching.

It's plan rediculous to charge what they are charging. AOL's unlimited dialup account is cheaper for God's sake!
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    I just got my T650 from P1 and called to activate it. I had been using the T600 with MOU. I started off by saying that I wanted to keep the MOU for data and just swap the 650 for the 600 on my plan. After trying for a minute, the Rep said that the computer was requiring her to enter a a data plan and suggested I just take the per kb data plan. I asked VERY nicely if there was any way around this since all I do is download e-mail and I was still under contract for the MOU. She put me on hold while she contacted the data department. After a few more minutes, she came back on and said she had been able to keep the phone on MOU. I aksed several times and in several different ways if I would be charged per kb and she said no each time.

I will check my usage on the web site to see if this is really true and report back. Assuming it is, I wonder whether I'm pushing my luck if I now change plans. There is a cheaper promotion for family share than I have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I just got my T650 from P1 and called to activate it. I had been using the T600 with MOU. I started off by saying that I wanted to keep the MOU for data and just swap the 650 for the 600 on my plan. After trying for a minute, the Rep said that the computer was requiring her to enter a a data plan and suggested I just take the per kb data plan. I asked VERY nicely if there was any way around this since all I do is download e-mail and I was still under contract for the MOU. She put me on hold while she contacted the data department. After a few more minutes, she came back on and said she had been able to keep the phone on MOU. I aksed several times and in several different ways if I would be charged per kb and she said no each time.

I will check my usage on the web site to see if this is really true and report back. Assuming it is, I wonder whether I'm pushing my luck if I now change plans. There is a cheaper promotion for family share than I have now.
    Check this link:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...8&postcount=49
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12