1.    #1  
    For a plain ol' POP3 mail account (non-Exchange), what are the pros and cons of Versamail, Wireless Sync and Chatter? Who has the best overall application?
    I really like Snapper. I allows me to leave a copy of my mail on the server. This gives me time to download my mail on to my laptop as well as get in on my Treo. I use a mac, so Exchange is not a real option.
    Another vote for Snapper. For POP3 accounts, you can't find a better application.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    For push email and asynchronous operation, the vote has to go to Chatter.
    So far Versamail has worked okay for me to retrieve POP3 email from several different accounts.

However, I would really like to know if there is a benefit to using Snappermail - whcih seems to get rave reviews from many folks.

Are there additional features that Versamail is lacking that are found in Versamail?

Thanks in advance.
    you mean found in snapper.i never used snapper but one thing that it has over vera is the ability to save emails to card..i'm sure there is more but I don't use it so I'm not sure...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Multiple accounts. Saving to SD card.

Also, Verizon didn't package a Mail app with their 600, so customers had to find a solution, and there wasn't much sense in getting Versamail for about the same price.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Multiple accounts. Saving to SD card.

Also, Verizon didn't package a Mail app with their 600, so customers had to find a solution, and there wasn't much sense in getting Versamail for about the same price.
    Finally I understand why my Treo 600 didn't have versamail on it.

Looks like I will have to check out a few of these.

Robb
    I just got my T650 yesterday. I need a mail application with IMAP support, which Versa, Chatter, and Snapper seem to support, but Chatter appears to be much less expensive than the others, but I haven't used the others yet.. I will give the free trials a try I guess.
    give chatter a try it works great with my 650..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    How do you uninstall wireless sync? I tried to set it up last night to no avail (have an exchange server with RRC over HTTP). So now, I just want to get rid of it all together as it takes up space, and seems to be acting oddly. I tried using uninstall, and it bagged most of the files,, and then came up with an error because something was on the ROM.

Thanks.
    I'm using versamail with a cox.net pop3 account, and it won't allow me to send or reply. Any insight into this? I'm a new phone/pda treo user.
    I found this thread to be quite educational on setting up my Versamail. I did no soft resets or any other kind of resets unlike what the one poster suggests.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=85348

Good luck