1.    #1  
    So, if you go on the website, you can get a Verizon T650 for $399 with a 2 year agreement and the unlimited data plan, but *no voice.* Anyone know if I could do that and merge my current verizon voice line onto the Treo?

Other than that, anyone have any ways someone who's on a contract through summer 2006 could get a discounted T650? I told customer service I'd buy one for $419.99 and sign up for unlimited data the other day if they'd just give me the $100 discount they're offering to unlimited data customers. I'm getting really frustrated with Verizon due to my attempts to get any type of discount and their refusal to be helpful.
    1st post

I'm in the same position you are. My 2 year contract end in February '06 I want the 650 but do not want to pay full price. I sent an e-mail to verizon asking this question and they called back immediately. They said I could get the 650 for $449.99 with a new 2 year agreement and a data plan. They said I could get the unlimited plan for $45/m or a limited plan for $25/m. Don't remember the exact numbers for the limited plan. From the verizon site, it looks like they offered the 1 year price for a 2 year agreement. I'll wait and see if I can get a better deal at my local store.

Ryan
    I got my Verizon 650 with two year plan for 249.99 (ne2,customer loyalty,renewed contract). No data plan because I use other provider for data. I was told at first that a data plan had to be activated for 650. When manager set up phone, he asked me if I was putting a data plan on phone, I said no and he activated the phone w/o data plan. My 7135 which they deactivated to the 650 had no data plan either. You don't have to use verizon for data.
    No you don't. However, the phone is locked so you can not use a different provider (just like Sprint and other cell providers). If you download a program to unlock it, your technical support and warranty go away. Not a good idea.
  5.    #5  
    Well, my ultimate goal is to get a Verizon Treo 650 (not an unlocked Sprint Treo) for less than the $519.99 full retail to use on my current Verizon contract, but I've talked to several customer service reps and they all say "no way."

A couple reasons why I stubbornly refuse to pay $519:
    1. Verizon is offering a $100 rebate to new customers who add an unlimited data feature to their contract, but won't extend the same rebate to existing customers. I was told this is because there's a risk that a customer will remove the feature. That risk shouldn't be any different for new customers than old, but Verizon still wouldn't offer me better than $519.
    2. If I signed up for Verizon and got the Treo for $299 and canceled my current Verizon, the $175 ETF would bring the effective price to $474. Less than the full retail, but Verizon wouldn't even offer that price.
    3. If I signed up for Sprint with the Treo, paid the ETF, and went with their unlimited data package, over twenty-four months the Sprint contract + Verizon ETF would still be several hundred dollars cheaper.

I really want a Treo, but can't justify paying $519 for it.