Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Besides the Treo 650 and the LG "Slider" does Sprint carry any other Bluetooth phones?

I need a phone for my wife. The Treo is overkill for her, but she needs bluetooth (to integrate with the car).
    T608 Sony Ericsson
    Sprint does not carry Sony Ericsson phones!

Here are the phones that Sprint currently offers with Bluetooth:
    Treo 650
    PPC6600
    PM-325 by LG*

*The LG is the only non-PDA bluetooth phone. If you want reviews on it you should be able to find something at www.phonescoop.com. I understand your wife saying the 650 is overkill, but if she doesn't want the LG the only other option is the PPC6600 and if the 650 was overkill then the 6600 won't be any better.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses.
    You are correct that the PPC6600 would be even worse than than Treo 650.

The T608 that admon347 mentioned ... is that available from Sprint directly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Sprint does not carry Sony Ericsson phones!
    Wrong!

SE t608 is available in limited quantities:

http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...rticle&sid=304

and can be easily found on eBay by searching for "t608 phone":

http://search.ebay.com/t608-phone_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I had a T608 prior to my 650. It can most kindly be described as "quirky". I only got it because at the time it was the only bluetooth phone available. I don't recommend it now, there are better options.
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Wrong!

SE t608 is available in limited quantities:

http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...rticle&sid=304

and can be easily found on eBay by searching for "t608 phone":

http://search.ebay.com/t608-phone_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40
    Is this phone a current model that's still being offered? Your link is from 2003.
  8.    #8  
    my wife currently has an LG VX6000 from VZW.

She would like the the Sprint LG Bluetooth phone better if it were a flip phone and not a slide job.

Has anyone here used it? Opinions?

I feel that CDMA still has a way to go with Bluetooth.
    Is this phone a current model that's still being offered? Your link is from 2003.
    Tone I was going to ask the same thing. pda_jedi responded like this info just came out today.

Sprint announced today that it will begin selling a limited quantity of the PCS Phone T608 by Sony Ericsson in limited distribution beginning the week of Dec. 22, 2003.

~ ScandaLous ~
    It was first offered in Dec. of 2003, and got a lot of attention at that time because it was the first Bluetooth phone that Sprint allowed on its network. This was especially important because unlike Verizon, who will allow any CDMA phone on their network, Sprint restricts their network access. Prior to its release, Sprint flip floped as to whether they would allow it. The decision even sparked a petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/sellt608/petition.html

Although the t608 was offered in limited quantity, you can still get a hold of one today (ie eBay) and Sprint will allow it on its network.

I believe that Sprint's fear of a Bluetooth enabled phone on their network comes from the fact that it would take away from their wireless PC card business. Why get a wireless PC card modem when you can just link your phone via bluetooth to your laptop/PPC and use it as your wireless modem? Both Verizon and Sprint have been guilty of cripling the Bt functionality of their Bt phone, probably for this reason. And it's stired some debate:

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Ca...ite=SmartPhone

Verizon and Motorola have a class action lawsuit against them with regard to the Moto v710:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000187026597/

The prerelease of the T650 with Bluetooth on Sprint also got a lot of attention. But alas, it was a cripled Bt phone at release.

And that's when my boy SHADOWMITE comes along and hacks the Bt Manager to allow Bt DUN. I think you know the story from here on...

Ah........................Yeah
    Here are all the Sprint Bluetooth phones:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/fin...&ca_1=y&f38r=r
    I hear the t608 is full of too many bugs ----- and the LG has crippled BT - only headsets work on it - no computer/calendar/contacts syncing
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Soooo, the T608 has been discontinued, making my statement "Sprint does not carry Sony Ericcson phones" correct. They used to, but not anymore.

At any rate, I really wish Sprint would stop screwing around and offer Bluetooth phones that aren't crippled to the extent that they have been.
    ...you are correct, but honestly, the way you responded made you seem a tad like a newbie who thinks they know everything. The original question was what BT phones are available from Sprint, and the t608 is still a viable BT phone. No you can't get it from Sprint, but it is still an option. As for the original poster, I was going to respond with a recommendation for the LG as well, I think its a GREAT phone, but you seem to have shot it out of the water. What are you looking for in a phone?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    My wife just switched to the LG pm-325...

It is a great phone. quality and features rock. BT Audio asounds great, voice dial works.

DUN is enable and works great with her iBook
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...you are correct, but honestly, the way you responded made you seem a tad like a newbie who thinks they know everything. The original question was what BT phones are available from Sprint, and the t608 is still a viable BT phone. No you can't get it from Sprint, but it is still an option. As for the original poster, I was going to respond with a recommendation for the LG as well, I think its a GREAT phone, but you seem to have shot it out of the water. What are you looking for in a phone?
    I simply answered the question " Besides the Treo 650 and the LG "Slider" does Sprint carry any other Bluetooth phones?" The answer is no. They may support other phones, but they don't carry any other bluetooth phones. Oh, and so you don't think that I'm a newbie who thinks he knows everything, I went to the SPCS site before I answered the question to make sure my response was an informed one If I can't answer a question I'll either say 'I don't know' or won't say anything at all.

I don't know anything about the LG Slider. driven01 said his wife wasn't interested in it.

This thread makes me wonder if Sprint is going to finally start offering a wider variety of Bluetooth phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    My wife just switched to the LG pm-325...

It is a great phone. quality and features rock. BT Audio asounds great, voice dial works.

DUN is enable and works great with her iBook
    Does voice dial work through BT?
    yep
    I'll restraint from trolling and continue on with the discussion:

To dutchtrumpet,

I assume the LG has Bt 1.2 since your activating voicedial thru the headset and not the handset? Can you also stream audio (ie mp3) to the headset?
    Bluetooth + Sprint Pcs Ready Link = Epiphany!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast