1.    #1  
    After a seven-month protracted ordeal to secure my $150 rebate, I've been told that because my phone was not activated with a new PCS phone number, I'm ineligible.

This, of course, is news to me. Nothing I've seen in writing gave me any indication back in November that I would be wasting my time on this just because I ported my number.

Is anyone familiar with this particular tactic?

I'm so tired of dealing with this crap at this point, that I'm prepared to tell Sprint to cancel my contract. But I don't want to do anything rash. What should I do next?
    I would call the retention dept and have them send something in writing that you agreed to stating your ported # would not qualify for the discount. Make sure you speak with a manager and tell them you were guaranteed that your ported number would qualify for the rebate, and that was the only reason you signed up with Sprint (assuming, of course that this is the case).
    I ported my wife's number to Sprint, as an added line on my account, and got the rebate with no problem.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.