Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Just got a call from the BOSS(Wife).
    UPS delivered the package.

Order was placed on may 16th at 11:58 PM (just before the 15% Promotion ended)
    At that time I didn't know about the Free Bluetooh Headset Promotion.
    But talked to the palm One Rep Yesterday and gave him my palm V serial # and he placed an order for free headset.

I just got the Confirmation email for the Headset order but does not contain any order number.

So I got VZW Treo 650 + Free TWH + Free Overnight for $441.15

Now I just need to move my existing number to the new Treo.

Can I do this online or do I have to call VZW like the PalmOne email said?
  2. Pft
    you can do it online...there are 2 options ....choose the one that does not require you to enter an order number and location code (these are for phones received directly from VZW only). It will step you through what needs to be done - its very easy.

Note to anyone that has phone insurance through VZW (asurion or lockline).... make sure you call them ASAP and have it changed to reflect the new 650 (and then double check that it was done). Otherwise if something happens they will replace your nice new 650 with a refurb model of the phone you originally had on the plan (a 600 or whatever). And, because of all the fraud out there they will be extremely difficult (impossible) to convince that you really had a 650 (receipt or not). Trust me on this one!!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Ok just received mine, activated it and added the unlimited data plan till i figure out how much i am actually gone to use it. Fedex was 15 min late ohh well
    got mine too. works great. BTW, create a brand new profile and reinstall the apps.
    I also got mine ordered on 5/16 via UPS overnight, even if the Palm website was behind in the shipping info. So for those of you still waiting, there is still hope
    Well, I finally got the "Ship Confirmation" from P1 -- it's time stamped for 7:23am today; I wonder if that means it shipped last night? I will post when it arrives!
    Congratulations, MikeK. All I got today was an e-mail saying that my order began "processing" on 5/23 and that I will be notified when it ships. I still seem to be on the slow track. At least I moved from "order received."

------------
    Added Update: Will wonders never cease. I just got the e-mail that my phone has shipped. I don't know if my constant calls to P1 got it moving or not. With a little luck, I will have it tomorrow so I can spend the weekend setting it up and explaining to my wife why I got it.
    Last edited by Lnoble; 05/26/2005 at 08:57 AM.
    Mine came at about 4pm yesterday afternoon, and I was glued to it all night. Unfortunatly I loose my MOU data, but oh well.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    has everyone gotten their orders filled by p1 yet?
    I got mine at 11:30 this morning.
    Ok, so get this... my card has been charged, FedEx has no record of the package other than the label being printed, P1 is saying that it could be the warehouse or it could be FedEx -- either way it is not their fault, I am on the phone now saying it is. It seems that I will be waiting until at least Tuesday to take delivery.
    I am so pissed I could spit.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK
    Ok, so get this... my card has been charged, FedEx has no record of the package other than the label being printed, P1 is saying that it could be the warehouse or it could be FedEx -- either way it is not their fault, I am on the phone now saying it is. It seems that I will be waiting until at least Tuesday to take delivery.
    I am so pissed I could spit.
    man... now that is pissed!!!

Yeah, it felt like an eternity for the week and a half I had to wait for P1 to deliver my T650...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    PISSED NO MORE! FedEx delivered first thing this morning (somehow upgraded to priority)... now playing with the new baby!
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK
    PISSED NO MORE! FedEx delivered first thing this morning (somehow upgraded to priority)... now playing with the new baby!
    congrats on the new delivery!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    has everyone who ordered from p1 received their treo 650?
    I ordered the Treo 650 from P1 with a new Verizon contract on 6/6/05. I'm upgrading from the 600. My order status on P1's site has remained a steady "Order Received" for almost 2 days now.

Shipping info on the P1 site has been updated as of today (6/8) to show orders:
    "After June 8th, 2005 Expected to ship in 1-2 weeks"

This is down from 3-4 weeks originally.

Refreshing early, refreshing often.
    Last edited by carlito; 06/08/2005 at 05:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I was told the next shipment of verizon treo 650 will come in about 1.5-2 weeks
  18. Pft
    I was told yesterday that my replacement would ship to me via overnight service sometime next week. P1 phone rep spoke to a supervisor to get that info.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    thats them hoping that their shipment gets into the warehouse... I was told by one rep sometime this week but thent old by a supervisor it would be 1.5-2 weeks before i get anything.
  20. Pft
    Given all the issues myself and others are having with this hardware version/ build of the T650 I am more than likely now going to cancel the replacement, return my defective one for a refund and possibly wait a few months until they rev the hardware. Its a critical communication device that I rely on very often throughout the day for business (my T600) .

If its so unstable and can't be relied on ...it will be useless to me. My T600 is flawless and less than a year old. I did want bluetooth and the better screen resolution (which is why I was upgrading) but all the problems being reported by friends and in the discussion newsgroups - in addition to mine - are very troublesome. I also have 3 colleagues at work that are waiting for replacements due to keyboard issues and bluetooth instability.

In addition the HP HW6500 series should be out in the fall and can be considered as an option should P1 not get their quality issues in order.

I think I just made my decision - my T600 may just get a reprieve. The grass is not always greener.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast