Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Order #838xxx on 5/16 for 2 Treo 650s (with new 2 yr VZ plan and one with an existing plan) still not shipped!
    "Order processing" began on Monday (order number xxxxxx-836115, placed Monday, 16 May) and still no "order shipped email". Website still says "Order Received".
    I am beginning to feel like a 2nd class citizen -- could be a warehouse coverage area vs. demand thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by polo2883
    BLUES did you get a tracking number? I still have not gotten a tracking number. The website still says order received
    No, never got a tracking number. I wonder why? Maybe because it was sent overnight. My page says Order Shipped, but tracking info says unavailable.

It's already 12pm, and no treo... :-\
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I dont think that p1 ever updates their website. The email said the website 1hr from the time of email to have the website update. I got the email that the treo 650 has shipped at 11:55pm last night. Still no update from the website. I am hoping that it comes today!!!!!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    just called and it has been shipped and is on the vehicle for delivery!!!!!! by 3pm
  6. Pft
    They are most likely using fedex or ups standard overnight shipping ...not the early (8am guaranteed delivery) or priority overnight services (1030 am guaranteed delivery).

In my area this means 3-5pm delivery guaranteed delivery depending on who they used (dedex or ups).
    It was a couple of hours before palm updated my startus page to say it was shipped after my shipped email was sent.

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by polo2883
    just called and it has been shipped and is on the vehicle for delivery!!!!!! by 3pm
    Did you get a tracking number?

I hope I don't have to wait till 3pm. I was hoping to go into work for a few hours.
    Not like I would get anything done....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeK
    "Order processing" began on Monday (order number xxxxxx-836115, placed Monday, 16 May) and still no "order shipped email". Website still says "Order Received".
    I am beginning to feel like a 2nd class citizen -- could be a warehouse coverage area vs. demand thing.
    I just called PalmOne again since I have not yet received any e-mails about my 5/16 order. The rep kept me on hold for a few minutes while he checked what was going on. When he came back he told me that there had been a "problem" with a number of the Treo 650 orders. Apparently, they had gotten "stuck" (his word) in the process between the order being placed and it being "reviewed" and approved. According to him, no one noticed the "pipeline" had become "clogged" (again his words). They are now "reviewing" the orders as they were received and if there is "no problem" with the order, the phone should be shipped "within a few days."

If this is true, it sounds like their systems were overwhelmed and some orders havenít gone through. The bad news is that he said it was unlikely I would get my phone by the three-day weekend, so the earliest I will probably get it is next Tuesday. Since I was planning to do the 600 to 650 transfer over Memorial Day, this is very frustrating. I asked if there was any way to push the order faster and he said "no," the system would take each in turn. He also said it was too late to cancel the order, but I think he is wrong about that since the Website says the order can be cancelled before it is shipped. I was thinking about getting a 650 locally from VZW, but I lose the free BT headphone and the $100 off, so I guess I will just have to wait.

It's always something....
    May 25, 2005
    11:30 A.M.

CHICAGO, IL, US

DELIVERY
    7:54 A.M.

CHICAGO, IL, US

OUT FOR DELIVERY
    7:15 A.M.

CHICAGO, IL, US

ARRIVAL SCAN
    6:11 A.M.

CHICAGO, IL, US

DEPARTURE SCAN
    3:36 A.M.

CHICAGO, IL, US

OUT FOR DELIVERY
    3:17 A.M.

CHICAGO, IL, US

ARRIVAL SCAN
    3:17 A.M.

LOUISVILLE, KY, US

DEPARTURE SCAN
    May 24, 2005
    7:15 P.M.

LOUISVILLE, KY, US

ORIGIN SCAN
    4:26 P.M.

US

BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Ok so it was delivered! My long wait ends!!
    (I have to hurry up and go home and think about some explaining to do to my wifie....)
    Delivered on: May 25, 2005 11:30 A.M.

Didn't think UPS is faster than FedEX but apparantly it is at least in Chicago.
    Based on lnoble's post I too called P1, just to check... My rep told me that VZW had asked P1 to "slow down" in order to ensure that their network was up to speed for all the new data contracts. She also informed me that not only had I passed credit approval, but my unit was awaiting a label in the warehouse and I should expect it tomorrow or the next day. I will reserve judgement until I have my 650 in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK
    Based on lnoble's post I too called P1, just to check... My rep told me that VZW had asked P1 to "slow down" in order to ensure that their network was up to speed for all the new data contracts. She also informed me that not only had I passed credit approval, but my unit was awaiting a label in the warehouse and I should expect it tomorrow or the next day. I will reserve judgement until I have my 650 in hand.
    I suspect this is going to be another case of getting different answers depending on which rep we talk to. Though, the "slow down" request sounds plausible for phones with new VZW contracts. Since I only ordered the phone and not the service, I'm going to try to call again and see if I can get my order moving.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    still waiting for mine... p1 said that it was on the truck for delivery and is to be delivered by 3pm
    FedEx is sure slacking today

Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I only ordered the phone and not the service
    Me too. It seems they just do not like me.
    P1 Update: I called another P1 rep about the delay and got another story. After checking, she was at first reluctant to say anything, but then said some orders were "red flagged," which she said might mean that they had to be further verified with the credit card company. I have excellent credit, don;t carry over balances on that card and have never had a problem and have made much larger purchases. I am having my phone shipped to my office, which is different than my billing address, but my office address is registered with the credit card company. She said that that could be the problem, but wasn't sure. When I asked if I could talk to someone to get more details she said that there may not be any problem and she would see what she could do to try to get my phone shipped tomorrow.

Frankly, I'm not sure they know what's going on.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    and Fedex misses the promised delivery time.
  19. Pft
    Note that the major storms in northeast undoubtedly have everthing backed up for at least the east coast deliveries
  20.    #80  
    Just received mine!!! It's beautiful. Charging the baby up right now...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast