Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jincue

I have the same problem. I haven't told my wife about the purchase and not sure what kind of reaction she will show upon seeing it.

Meanwhile, I got another email update re: purchase I made yesterday at P1.
    They say it has been shipped via FedEx std overnight.
    So looks like the one I bought on 5/16 and the one I bought yesterday are shipping at the same time. So much for nail biting and waiting!
    Solve the problem by buying one for her too!

I wonder if getting a new 2 year VZ calling plan delays things. Of those that received shipping notifications, any with a new plan or number porting?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ordered mine this morning and got an email that says order is processing
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I am going to continue with my existing plan. There is really nothing for p1 to do but send me the phone, et.al.
  4. Pft
    Just got my shipping confirmation as well. Ordered on 16th w/ 15% discount, free bluetooth headset and free overnight shipping.

My situation is similar (my wife doesnt know) except that my wife got our T600's at the same time last year. And, since then her company "standardized" on Blackberry's, implemented a Blackberry enterprise server and also now blocks the ports that the desktop re-director uses to sync with the Verizon wireless sync - rendering her T600 useless. They did give her a new color Blackberry (7750) ...but she hates it and has constant Treo envy whenever I am using my T600 in front of her.
    I just got another email from Palm instructing me how to activate my currect cellphone plan and number once the 650 arrives by calling Verizon. Since Verizon lets us do this online, I'll just do that.

And btw, my signaficant other doesn't know yet either. :-}
    I wish my girlfriend had Treo envy. She hates the thing.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Being impatient and having not received my e-mail (5/16 order) I called PalmOne. They said my order had been sent to "Fullfillment," it should be shipped in a day or so and I should receive it by the end of the week. She said that they had received about 11,000 orders the first day and that the e-mails and shipping were a little behind. I must be patient...I must be patient.

At least it gives me a few more days to figure out how to explain it to my wife.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    I just got another email from Palm instructing me how to activate my currect cellphone plan and number once the 650 arrives by calling Verizon. Since Verizon lets us do this online, I'll just do that.

And btw, my signaficant other doesn't know yet either. :-}
    I wish my girlfriend had Treo envy. She hates the thing.
    I just got this email too about activating the Treo...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker545
    Solve the problem by buying one for her too!

I wonder if getting a new 2 year VZ calling plan delays things. Of those that received shipping notifications, any with a new plan or number porting?
    I got the Treo650 by itself to put onto my existing plan...
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2man
    Just got my Shipping confirmation email. Ordered on the 16th with 15% off and free bluetooth hs.
    Hopefully tomorrow.
    Now, how do I explain another new phone to the wife........
    To those w/ Wive's yet to find out about the new "precious" in your life, I was in the same situation. I had no idea how she would react as she is not a techgeek like me.

My Birthday is in November, & Father's Day is coming up too... I just fessed up to her that by me purchasing the Treo 650, "She" has just taken care of 2 gifts in 1 fell swoop!!! (Or just 1 BIG gift)... Be sure to show her your love & adoration for the forsight she just took in getting you the Best thing you (n)ever asked her for...

Of course it doesn't hurt that I caved in last year & purchased a Coach Purse for her!!!

I hope the best for you guys!!! Good Luck!!!
    I still have not recieved my shipping conf, but I'm sure it will come soon. I ordered mine on the 16th with thr 15% and bt headset.

LOL My wife does not know either, and I've been harassing here lately about the budget, so I'm sure I will feel the heat.

The only saving grace is that I am travleing for work a lot and I told my boss how we can get our mail and calander sync wirelessly. Now he's gonna upgrade our exchange server upon my recomendation and tell all our employees to get the Treo 650.

Next thing I have to do is try and get the data plan as part of our expense policy :P

-ezenga
    to Treo or not to Treo, now that is the question
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife
    To those w/ Wive's yet to find out about the new "precious" in your life, I was in the same situation. I had no idea how she would react as she is not a techgeek like me.

My Birthday is in November, & Father's Day is coming up too... I just fessed up to her that by me purchasing the Treo 650, "She" has just taken care of 2 gifts in 1 fell swoop!!! (Or just 1 BIG gift)... Be sure to show her your love & adoration for the forsight she just took in getting you the Best thing you (n)ever asked her for...

Of course it doesn't hurt that I caved in last year & purchased a Coach Purse for her!!!

I hope the best for you guys!!! Good Luck!!!
    That was very funny, Wiggy.
    Unfortunately, I've already played that trick once before for my beloved iPod 40GB. My habit of buying expensive gadgets (I also have 20" LCD f/ Dell which rules!!) will surely get me in deep trouble real soon.
    I figure I'll just say I got it as a replacement for my t600 (with the hint that Its a switch) but not really say that so I stay honest. ?!
    Then my treo is going on Ebay. its only 3 months old and I have like 8 stylus's, cradel, travel ps, and travel sync cable. Even if I only get 200 bucks, I'd be happy.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    just go the email it has shipped fedex overnight standard. I wonder if it might the cut off of the time fedex up picks up. If it did I get it tomorrow!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    still no tracking number on the site!!!!! what gives... the order still says order received on the site and not that it has shipped according to the email
    I'm sitting here waiting for the FedEx truck.
    tick tock... tick tock...

I've got my 600 almost in it's origional packaging ready to be sold to a coworker. She's pretty happy about upgrading as well.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    BLUES did you get a tracking number? I still have not gotten a tracking number. The website still says order received
  17. Pft
    Mine shipped yesterday - also no tracking number yet (but I'm sure it will arrive today). They are probably behind in updating their systems.

Good timing for me as far as my wife is concerned.. I have a babysitter for tomorrow night and am taking her to see U2. I have seats a few rows off the floor near the stage. The excellent seats are going to be a surprise and its her favorite band - so she will be so happy that the T650 probably wont even make her radar.
    Mine was shipped yesterday too, but tracking is unavailable. PalmOne is so mean. They do that on purpose you know!
    I'm hoping fed ex because they get here sooner than anyone else.
    I bought two 650 f/ P1. One email from P1 says FedEx std overnight and the other says UPS. Wonder what gives...
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jincue
    I bought two 650 f/ P1. One email from P1 says FedEx std overnight and the other says UPS. Wonder what gives...
    thats interesting.... But who cares as long as it comes on the same day
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast