1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried to use QNC on their new Vz Treo 650 in order to use minutes and not kb? Has it been disabled for this phone?

I tried setting up a network connection for QNC (virtual modem, username/password qnc), both with and without a script, and I get a "ppp timeout" message.

Has anyone been able to get QNC to work on the Vz Treo 650? Could it be that it only works on accounts that had used QNC in the past (I haven't)...?
    Not sure what QNC stands for, but I was able to use T650 w/ script to dial Roadrunner's dial-up modems and connect - thus using minutes and not kb. I was initially getting PPP timout, but realized it was due to me typing in wrong username.
    Getting new 650s (hopefully) today. I'm a RR user and would like to know how this works.

Can you post the details on how this is set up - including the script content? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro7
    Not sure what QNC stands for, but I was able to use T650 w/ script to dial Roadrunner's dial-up modems and connect - thus using minutes and not kb. I was initially getting PPP timout, but realized it was due to me typing in wrong username.
  4.    #4  
    I tried setting up a dial-up isp network connection, but the message I received then was to recheck my username and password (they are both correct), and then the second sentence of the error is: "Your mobile service provider may not support dial-up connections."
    I am having the same issue as CyberBec connecting to Stowe Telecom as the ISP, I just get a PPP timeout. Simultaneously try this on my t600 always works with the exact same settings.

Is there anyone who knows conclusively what happened to CSD access?

TIA
    Sam
    There are many threads about this on pdaphonehome.com. Basically, you can connect with qnc. Some have been billed.... and some have not.
    Thanks!

The issue seems like the connection needs some kind of introduced delay that wasn't necessary on the 600. I fiddled around and I have it working.

Sam
    I've set up QNC. I get billed anyway as a data access. If you want to try MOU you need to get your plan changed, which is getting harder and harder to do.
    see...ya need to get a Verizonized treo and this wont happen to you...