Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    TOPLINE: One Treo 650 ordered. 3 non-Treo phones delivered (along with two unordered phonelines)

I have been lurking on this site for some time. I briefly had a Treo 650 through my work and liked it very much. When I switched jobs I gave it back. I wanted to get myself one but being a long time VZW customer I thought I would wait until they brought out their 650. As the release approached I heard disturbing stories about disabled bluetooth and high prices at least in comparison to Sprint. So after some thought and posting a thread on this site looking for comments, I decided to leave Verizon and get a Treo 650 from Sprint.

I was going through the ordering process with Treo Central and I began to wonder when exactly did the 14 day trial period start, at the time of the order or at the time of activation. I assumed at activation but wanting to be sure I called Treo Central. This was Sunday night the 15. I spoke to a very helpful woman who said she did not know. I could call tomorrow and someone would have the answer or if i really needed to know Sprint customer service might have the answer.

I called Sprint. The salesman said that the trial starts when the phone is activated by me. He went on to say that if I ordered the phone from him right then he could have it to me by the middle of the week - and he could do it at the same price, $285, that Treo Central was offering. THIS IS WHERE THE BAD MOJO ENTERED. Instead of supporting a good and helpful site with my purchase I opted for immediate gratification and went forward with the deal with the Sprint PCS telephone sales representative. We went through the sales process, he checked my credit (when he returned he commented that I had good enough credit to merit 5 Sprint accounts which would later prove to be dramatic foreshadowing of what was to come) and I gave him my credit card number to pay for one Treo 650 at $285 plus tax.

Fast forward to Tuesday after work. I come home there is a package waiting for me from Sprint! What service I say to my wife. I open the box, it contains 3 Sanyo phones 2 PM8200s and a MM5200. All three have phone numbers. None of the phones numbers match the one I was given although one is close, the last 7 digits are the same but the area code is 857 instead of 617.

As I waded through the long and tedious phone prompts on the 800 number I lost what slim hope I had that it had been a mistake. I went through one troubling encounter with a very befuddled customer service rep who when I asked to speak to her supervisor would speak to someone just out of earshot of me on the phone and then come back on the line and say "Dustin says you should....." When I asked who Dustin was she told me he was her supervisor. When I asked to speak to Dustin there was some muffled chatter and then she returned and said "Dustin doesn't want to take the call" It was then that I realized I was dealing with a very special organization. Oh yeah and she also told me that they had charged my Visa card $415- MORE THAN $100 MORE THAN I HAD AGREED TO!!! I was transfered to the fraud department. An automated phone prompt system lead me to a message that told me to contact my Credit Card company and dispute any charges.

I phoned back and this time was connected to a much more squared away representative who put me on hold for a long period of time checking back with me infrequently to say that he was making headway. Finally he returned to say that he was going to connect me with a representative in Preferred Service who would arrange to have return packages sent for the three phones and send me out the Treo I wanted originally. Since this is getting kind of long the story ends with this guy telling me that the price of the Treo 650 is $599. I say that is not the price the original sales representative quoted me and there is deafening silence. So I have cancelled all of my lines with Sprint. They say they are going to cut me a check to refund all my money next week.

I am suspect of anything Sprint PCS says now.

I am so pissed off. When I asked the last guy how something like this happened he said "Some guys just like to show a lot of sales" Unbelievable that a supposedly reputable company like Sprint would knowingly let this kind of thing go on.

And finally I am really, really bummed because I had done a lot of work and thought I had figured out that Sprint was the right choice for my Treo 650. I did not think to factor in the sleazy crook factor.

I don't know what I am going to do now besides wait and see if this thing with Sprint gets any worse.
    The good news (if you can take it as good news) is that by the time you went through ALL of that....VZW has the Treo650 and you can move forward on that front. Everything happens for a reason. Sorry you had troubles!
    Should have suspected something is a miss.

The T650 is not $285 ! It is a after rebates and a 2 year commitment.

The $415 dollars is before rebate, you have to send it in and wait.
    Eerie... Deja Vu
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Eerie... Deja Vu
    Eerie ?
    On the "New Posts" page this thread was posted twice... I read through the first, then the second. It was almost the same but no one was posting in this one so I was playing. I know, stupid right? I was bored this morning...
    ;-)
    She gets bored when I'm not around
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Housewife and mother also ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    She gets bored when I'm not around
    Yes...the days are empty without you
    You really need a life ! You need to move to Yahoo Groups, Flirting Chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Housewife and mother also ?
    No "wife". Yes, mother of four...
    And you moved to Atlanta at a dare ?
    No Silly! My ex is a pilot in Atlanta. If he had to commute to Chicago he would never have been able to see his kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    You really need a life ! You need to move to Yahoo Groups, Flirting Chat.

Is that a personal attack? Because if it is I'm going to press that alert thingy and tell the mods on you!

Flirting chat? Who do I flirt with?
    Is that a personal attack? Because if it is I'm going to press that alert thingy and tell the mods on you!

Flirting chat? Who do I flirt with?
    Insertion silly ! Just kiddin' ya ! Oh no mod prison

Why would I attack a Chicago girl ?
    Insertion??? Who's Insertion? ;-)
    Insertion??? Who's Insertion? ;-)
    Hmmm...perhaps it's time for that "Tell All" post?

No pun intended with the post reference...but thats a good place to start

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Monkey Man!!! Secrets are a two way street ya know... ;-P
    I have been lurking on this forum for some time and am amazed at the complete lack of ontopicness that goes on. Is that a shark?
    Hey...don't I know you from somewhere...that name sounds familiar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast