Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had the xv6600 for a while, waited till I could get to a place that had EVDO to try it out before I decided if I should keep it or not.
    Went to Vegas finally. I wasnt impressed. I didnt think the speeds were all that great.
    I really didnt notice a huge improvement over 1xrrt. Plus it was dropping back down all the time to 1x.
    That pretty much did if for me. Sold it on Ebay and my 650 arrives today.
    Just to let people know, EVDO is not anything comparable to Broadband. At least not in my experiance.
    I figure it will be about 3 years before it really gets up to where it should be. It will be about a year and a half before its available everywhere anyway.

my 2 cents
    I had similiar feedback (albeit secondhand) on EVDO also from a friend that connected in Vegas. He said "no way is it broadband speed". It will get there I am sure, but its way early in the product/service cycle.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2man
    I
    Just to let people know, EVDO is not anything comparable to Broadband. At least not in my experiance.
    In my experience it is comparable to broadband. I get 500-700 kbps on my EVDO card. That's 5-7 times 1xrtt speeds.

For the most part, I get less than that on my home cable (although I'm not supposed to).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12