1.    #1  
    Anyone have any input on how well Sprint's service is in the Portland / Beaverton, Oregon area? I'm considering switching from Verizon to Sprint (nothing against Verizon's cell service, VZW has great reception out here)

This may not be the best place to get this info. Can anyone tell me of any other forums that I could find this info or inquire about this.

thx for any help offered

Vincent
    Spent the weekend at my Brother-in-Law's house - lives off of Barbur Blvd/back-side of Mountain Park. Phone reception was fine, data speed was much faster than where I live in Bend.
    Last edited by treo2die4; 05/15/2005 at 11:29 PM.
  3.    #3  
    thank you.

Other question... I thought I had read that Sprint has a plan that you (pay more for?) will allow your phone to work on other cell provider's networks, such as Verizon's. Is this right? does anyone have more info on this?

I want the Treo 650 so bad, but I don't want to get into a 2 yr contract that I'm going to regret of course. Verizon's been good to me but I want to have the 650 and have the ability to dialup to my ISP rather than use the Verizon spendy Data plan... even the Sprint Data plans are cheaper and I've been told they allow the dialup where as 2 Verizon agents have told me it's not possible. anyways, thx for any help here.

Vincent
    Quote Originally Posted by boxd
    thank you.

Other question... I thought I had read that Sprint has a plan that you (pay more for?) will allow your phone to work on other cell provider's networks, such as Verizon's. Is this right? does anyone have more info on this?

I want the Treo 650 so bad, but I don't want to get into a 2 yr contract that I'm going to regret of course. Verizon's been good to me but I want to have the 650 and have the ability to dialup to my ISP rather than use the Verizon spendy Data plan... even the Sprint Data plans are cheaper and I've been told they allow the dialup where as 2 Verizon agents have told me it's not possible. anyways, thx for any help here.

Vincent
    Yes, you're talking about the Free and Clear America plans. For $5 extra per month it allows you to use up to half of your minutes for roaming. Mathematically not worth it unless you are using more than 10 minutes of roaming. I haven't used roaming minutes in years so I don't pay for it.