Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    If anybody knows of a solution, please let me know.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    hey guys - just a couple of items here. I use WS and have also used Good in the past. They both have good points, but I wanted to correct a couple of things stated above in the thread above:

- WS is certainly push technology. It uses IP push, just like Good. when an email hits my Exchange account, it's also on my device. Instantly. Just like with Good. No difference there.
    - WS also syncs all folders, subfolders, drafts, deleted, sent, outbox, etc. All of them. I can add subfolders with WS as well, just like with Good or the BES.
    - it syncs all the main conduits wirelessly, as well. But - when a new email arrives in my inbox, JUST that email is pushed out to the device - it does NOT run a full sync, as was stated above. So - it's very fast and instant.
    I'm not saying GL isn't robust - it certainly is. Just that WS is indeed a viable option. I also like that WS writes to the native PIM apps (I like that a LOT) and I also like the fact that WS uses about 1/10th the memory of Good.
    But Good is a strong solution as well. my goal was just to carify a few things, at least in my experience. And I use the Workgroup version, where a secure PC in our organization is running the monitor s/w. All good.
    nrosser / anyone

Thanks for your post. You cleared up a few things for me and also made me aware of the Workgroup version of Wireless Sync. One question for you: Does WS allow for outgoing messages to have attachments added to them?

Thanks
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    jbiz: Can you confirm that you were able to get ActiveSync and VersaMail to communicate directly with Exchange Server using a 650 with Verizon?

We have been trying to get this to work for several days without any success. Verizon does not support this as they want you to use WS but that is out of the question for us as the security risk is too great. As the dir. of IT for a mid size business there is no way I am going to allow a 3rd party, namely IntelliSync, to have a full copy of all of our senior execs and sales reps e-mail.

Everybody realizes that for WS to work all of your mailbox is sync'd up to a web server over at IntelliSync right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    nrosser / anyone

Thanks for your post. You cleared up a few things for me and also made me aware of the Workgroup version of Wireless Sync. One question for you: Does WS allow for outgoing messages to have attachments added to them?

Thanks
    No Exchange-based middleware solution (incl Blackberry Enterprise Server, Good, Wireless Sync - all of 'em) will allow outbound messages to have attachments added to them. It's not possible, architecturally. Think of the Treo as a 'remote control' for your Exchange mailbox - if you have a file that's resident locally on your device, your Exchange mailbox has no way to 'see' and access that file. So - no can do. If you use a POP or IMAP server solution (like Chatter or Snapper), your device talks directly to the server, and can then attach files to outbound messages. But not with a middleware solution like the BES or Good or Wireless Sync....
    the way to fix this error is to go into outlook and check and see if you have multiple accts coming in such as pop and imap. and if you do outlook as to be default and number one on the list. once you fix this it will work
    Hi all...my first post. So, when I get my 650 this week, am I gonna struggle with installing verizon's wireless sync? I am excited about it, but hope it works OK. By the way, can you choose to use wireless sync for syncing your email only, and still handle contacts, calendar, etc. with a regulay cable hot sync?
    It's a little tricky to set up your Wireless Sync account at www.wirelessync.vzw.com, but once you get it set it works well.

You can set it to sync email only and use hotsync to do the rest. You just have to set the option on the Palm wireless sync client to "enable other sync apps".
    "Ok so i've gotten pass the error stage and have received a new error, YAY! Has anyone received this error???"

Were all happy to hear that you got the original problem resolved. Care to fill us in?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234