Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    snapperMail lets you store your mailbox archives on a SD card I believe... (dont quote me as I only used it for 2 minutes in "trial" mode).. VersaMail works OK, though I am sure there are better clients out there..

I pay 330$ per year for GoodLink (plus a hookup fee of 49$ I think).. not cheap at all.. but looking at these other options, I dont think its a comparison..
  2.    #42  
    Does GoodLink sync folders (other than inbox)? I have macros setup to move the emails into different folders and I've noticed that ActiveSync only syncs whatever is in the Inbox (which really sucks).
  3.    #43  
    Finally got everything to work through IMAP and ChatterMail. ChatterMail is awsome!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    xaveon,

does IMAP and ChatterMail sync all of exchnage?? and is this now with or without WS?
  5.    #45  
    Hey jbiz, yes all of exchange! What I do is have Outlook open all the time with my 9 pop accounts open and set to sync every 5 minutes. So all the pop accounts sync with Exchange and I use IMAP and ChatterEmail to connect to Exchange. I have rules that move emails to specific folders and ChatterEmail is able to check all those folders. The best part is that it has true Push technology. As soon as it gets into my Exchange Server the phone beeps and I have new mail.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    what about contacts and calendar?? and your now not using WS at all?
    Incidentally, GoodLink will sync all folders as well
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    goodGuy,

FYI.. I am a goodlink User, but trying to find a more cost effecting way for my wife to get up an running (as she doesnt really need something as high-end as goodlink)..

also, off topic.. I put in a request today with Good support to add the ability to send MMS from the VZW treo (right now you can only send SMS).. any idea on a workaround?
    hey guys - just a couple of items here. I use WS and have also used Good in the past. They both have good points, but I wanted to correct a couple of things stated above in the thread above:

- WS is certainly push technology. It uses IP push, just like Good. when an email hits my Exchange account, it's also on my device. Instantly. Just like with Good. No difference there.
    - WS also syncs all folders, subfolders, drafts, deleted, sent, outbox, etc. All of them. I can add subfolders with WS as well, just like with Good or the BES.
    - it syncs all the main conduits wirelessly, as well. But - when a new email arrives in my inbox, JUST that email is pushed out to the device - it does NOT run a full sync, as was stated above. So - it's very fast and instant.
    I'm not saying GL isn't robust - it certainly is. Just that WS is indeed a viable option. I also like that WS writes to the native PIM apps (I like that a LOT) and I also like the fact that WS uses about 1/10th the memory of Good.
    But Good is a strong solution as well. my goal was just to carify a few things, at least in my experience. And I use the Workgroup version, where a secure PC in our organization is running the monitor s/w. All good.
    oh and WS certainly also supports attachments. Rich attachments. Docs To Go looks AWEsome on the 650, and the Word & Excel attachments I get via Wireless Sync look great on my device.
  11.    #51  
    Hey jbiz, yes i am now just using ChatterEmail and not WirelessSync. 1and1 doesn't provide VPN access so I cannot setup WS with my Exchange account. I also find that the problem with WS is that it only "pushes" every 15 minutes (people that say it's instantly means that it's instant the time it gets to the WS server). The WS server checks every 15 minutes. This information can be found on the VWZ website.

Right now I am using HotSync to sync with my Calendar and Contacts. I can either plug it on or HutSync over IP. Regardless it's a lot cheaper than other solutions and I get my mail instantly.
    well - what I can tell you about push in my case, with WS, must be different than how you must have it set up. There is no '15 minute delay' thing. When email hits my inbox, it also hits my device. <Maybe> 10 seconds later, at the very most. Usually same time.
    So - I don't have any 15 min delay while the mail hits the WS server. Not at all. It's the same time. Instant.
  13.    #53  
    Hey nrosser, are you using RPC to HTTP to connect to your Exchange Server or are you using VPN, or is the computer host the Verizon software on the same network? My Exchange Hosting Provider (1and1) doesn't allow VPN access. So I am unable to use WS. Do you know of a way around it?
    sorry man - in my case, it's all one entity. The workstation running the WS software is on the same network as the Exchange server. All one together. Don't know what to tell you about the world of hosting....
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    OK, after doing some research on this, I seemed to stumble across another WS sync off the Spanish Verizon site.

It seems they are running a newer version of WS and it has MANY more push settings (all the others that were greyed out are also configureable)..

I installed the PC Monitor from the new site, and the WS Client on my Treo and all is working..

I now have WS syncing everything but from my Hosted Exchange server (except I can now uncheck email in the config with the new version), and I will now be installing ChatterMail for the E-Mail portion of my sync (as I am not too thrilled with the WS email client).. So now everything will sync and I can control it as I want..

http://www.verizonwirelesspr.com/

http://www.verizonwirelesspr.com/eng...das.php?id=176

http://www.vzsync.com/
  16.    #56  
    jbiz!!! Does the new PC Monitor software work with PRC over HTTP or only through VPN? Is the software in Spanish?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    its not in spanish.. but it does seem to need VPN... and has a lot more features then the regular one..
  18.    #58  
    Also, the i730 is going to come out soon

http://www.vzwshop.com/samsungi730info/

that shoud make things interesting. I need to get this Wireless Sync to work without having to VPN into the network. jbiz, is this possible? Anyway around it? 1and1 only offer RPC over HTTP, and will not give me VPN access!!!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    why not just switch off of 1and1.. most other providers give free VPN
  20.    #60  
    I would really love to have VPN access, other providers such as MailStreet costs $12.95/month and only provide 100MB of storage space. While 1and1 costs $6.99/month and provides 1GB. I don't think WS is important enough for me to spend double the price for 1/10 of the space. For now, SMTP and Chatter mail works just as well - minus the Calendar and Contacts sync.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast