1. 2yd
    Since most of my clients are on Sprint I am getting ready to make the switch to Sprint to take advantage of mobile-to-mobile calling. I spoke with Sprint national accounts and the offer made to me is for a 'Free & Clear 2500' shared plan which includes two lines of service; 7pm nights/weekends; PCS-PCS; and business connect personal for $95.00. Unfortunately the CSR seemed rather new and had to check with his supervisor on a number of occasions, so I need some clarifications from the 'experts' on Sprint services before I commit.

1. Sprint roaming is a little confusing to me when trying to determine which plan to use. Two part question (a) what plan allows me to go to any major metro area in the US and not incur roaming charges. For example if I leave my local area (MSP) and go to say SFO I assume that as long as I get a PCS signal in SFO its not roaming. But what if the Treo picks up say a stronger VZW signal in SFO; am I roaming? (b) Same question but now I am traveling in South Dakota 'cattle-country'. What plan should I request to avoid these two types of roaming charges?

2. Is 'business connect' the same as Vision(?), i.e., unlimited internet access?

3. I qualify for a corporate discount through Sprint. Can I purchase T650 with all equipment discounts through Treocentral (try to help whre I can) and still activate calling plan through national accounts to obtain employer discount?

Thanks to all.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    1. Roaming (for Sprint) would be defined as using anyone else's network other than Sprint. If you're in any reasonably sized city or highway, you shouldn't have any problems getting a Sprint signal. That said, for only $5/month you can get the "free and clear America" roaming option - which allows you to use up to 1/2 of your minutes each month for roaming. Without this plan, expect to pay around 70 cents per minute for roaming. Since the plan covers the minutes not the line, it's pretty darn cheap insurance if you ask me. (my wife and I have a shared minute plan and $5/month covers both of us)

Not that this is relavent to us Treo owners since the Treo can only roam digitally, but the free and clear America plan also covers analog roaming.

2. No, BC and Vision are not the same thing. Vision is the name of the data plan you need to do anything data related on the Treo. (surfing the web, email, etc) BC is an application that let's you retrieve your corporate email (Exchange or Domino). It requires having Vision.

3. not sure....
    Quote Originally Posted by 2yd
    Since most of my clients are on Sprint I am getting ready to make the switch to Sprint to take advantage of mobile-to-mobile calling. I spoke with Sprint national accounts and the offer made to me is for a 'Free & Clear 2500' shared plan which includes two lines of service; 7pm nights/weekends; PCS-PCS; and business connect personal for $95.00. Unfortunately the CSR seemed rather new and had to check with his supervisor on a number of occasions, so I need some clarifications from the 'experts' on Sprint services before I commit.

1. Sprint roaming is a little confusing to me when trying to determine which plan to use. Two part question (a) what plan allows me to go to any major metro area in the US and not incur roaming charges. For example if I leave my local area (MSP) and go to say SFO I assume that as long as I get a PCS signal in SFO its not roaming. But what if the Treo picks up say a stronger VZW signal in SFO; am I roaming? (b) Same question but now I am traveling in South Dakota 'cattle-country'. What plan should I request to avoid these two types of roaming charges?

2. Is 'business connect' the same as Vision(?), i.e., unlimited internet access?

3. I qualify for a corporate discount through Sprint. Can I purchase T650 with all equipment discounts through Treocentral (try to help whre I can) and still activate calling plan through national accounts to obtain employer discount?

Thanks to all.
    1. See previous post (roaming actually .50 per minute)

2. See previous post

3. Yes you can buy and activate Treo 650 through other retailer with desired plan but you would have to call after your phones have been activated to switch them to Nationwide Volume Base discount which would make it a business account. This what I assume you mean by corporate discount that you qualify for.