Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    Griz, you had a stupid rep! That's all that's to it.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    By the lake where? I'm on Wacker and Franklin and get off the train at South Water and Michigan and always get a good signal. The only time I have issues is when I go underground to take Metra.
    Around Belmont and LSD. I just don't like the reception. One more problem with them besides dropped and uncompleted calls, I have gotten voice mails because the phone NEVER rang!

    Maybe I do need to get another phone like you suggested before, although I really just don't like them anymore. Especially since there have been absolutely NO reception problems with Cingular.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    2. Sprint is NOT profitable. They had a $122 million dollar write off because of the exorbitant bad debt they'd accumulated as a result of their low credit standards, and people not paying their bill.
    Is it true they're buying Nextel?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. #24  
    Just my soap box speech on Verizon..... They do not know how to "retain" customers. I deal with them on the enterprise level, wireless, ld, and local. I can say, with conviction, that they are plagued with poor customer support, at most levels, across all business lines. That prompted us to make a decision to migrate ALL services we currently have with them to other providers....which includes all of our wireless, t1's, pri's, local, regional, ld, private lines, probably $20K a month loss in revenue for vz. So, every bit counts...for every few people out there with a problem with just 2 lines, there's someone like me with a $20K/mo problem and probably another with a $200K/mo problem.

    I have truely found that the smaller regional carriers offer the same products, at the same, if not better rates, and have superior customer service (not so much a choice on the wireless side, but other telco, yes.)

    My favorite part of this too is watching verizon's customer base disappear on the land line home user side. That business is over. Cable trumps dsl in most markets, more and more people opt not to get landline phones through verizon, but through their cable company, or some voip solution (vonage,...), some people just use their cell, and the trend is growing toward this more and more. My brother in law made a good point to me several months ago....the less business you do with verizon, the better....and he worked in the telco industry for a bell.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Around Belmont and LSD. I just don't like the reception. One more problem with them besides dropped and uncompleted calls, I have gotten voice mails because the phone NEVER rang!

    Maybe I do need to get another phone like you suggested before, although I really just don't like them anymore. Especially since there have been absolutely NO reception problems with Cingular.
    Gotcha. I'm not up there too often so I can't comment on reception in that area. From what I've heard, Verizon has really good reception up north but I have no way of really confirming that. The only time I'm up there is to go to my favorite restaurant and then it's back to the South Suburbs!
  6. #26  
    Let me give you a little insight as to probably why they want a deposit from you.

    The first possibility is you might have a number of negative ratings on your business tax id credit report. Pay off those debts and get the collection agencies to remove their subscription to your credit report!

    Second, you say you have been a Verizon customer for over 2 years, however, it sounds as if you are talking about Verizon, not Verizon Wireless. Think of these as two different companies; they don't talk to eachother.

    The suggestion of going to a Verizon Wireless store to bribe an employee with commission was a great idea, by the way.
  7. #27  
    Times like this when I really wish you could "quote" from your Treo. I understand how you feel about VZW, I generally hate them too, although its mainly for reasons relating to how difficult they make it to sell their product, which is what it sounds like your real issue is. I understand you took $20,000 a month in business elsewhere, but "don't know how to retain customers"? Really? That's weird because they consistently have the lowest churn in the industry.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  8. #28  
    To quote JohnRMCC "with conviction, that they are plagued with poor customer support, at most levels, across all business lines..."

    I'd say, monopoly is evil. They have the monopoly on land lines dated back when they were New Jersey Bell. They never learnt how to compete for customers. (Cingular, what is your excuse?)

    I would say it is a good thing for the country if VZW, SBC, so on, are broken up yet again, with a land-line business that while remains monopoly, is regulated and they are not permitted to do other things like subidizing their DSL, degrading VOIP, kill cable modem, and then do IPTV for themselves...

    An idea just clicked. I should go back to VZW and let the land-line users subsidize my cell phone...
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by griz
    I know many of you are very happy with your Verizon wireless. With the release of the Treo 650 today I was excited to bring this new phone to my small business. I am a legitamate business filed with the State of Illinois with a Federal Tax ID number. My business is 2 years old and has approximately $6 million in annual revenue. Yet, because my small business does not file with Dan & Broadstreet for credit (the vast majority of small business's do not as they use their own personal credit for the company), Verizon is telling me that I will have to put a $800 deposit down in order to create a business account.

    I was transferred a total of 5 times before they even got me to the Illinois call center and then spoke to a supervisor who told me there was nothing they can do. I was purchasing a 2000 minute plan for 2 lines so they were going to receive a lot of money. However, because of this poor service and rather assinine policies, they will no longer receive any business from me. I just contacted Packet8 to switch my company office phones away from Verizon. If I am, in Verizon's eye's, not a legit small business then I reckon they don't need my money either.

    Griz
    "Dan & Broadstreet"..wow, a legit small business with $6M in revenue. It's *Dun and Bradstreet*
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosiv122 View Post
    $6 mill in revenue and you wont fork over $800 refundable deposit...yeah Verizon is the crazy one. And your right, they don't need your money. 2 lines at 2000 minutes is nothing for business accounts...in the end your screwing yourself when you have terrible reception and customers complain.

    Erik

    Ok..lesse..Coverage DEPENDS on your area and the like VZW HAS TERRIBLE COVERAGE IN WA, NV, ECT..whereas SPRINT ROCKS there.

    Another point you fail to see....


    You may as well quit bashing and rooting for a carrier that will sell their entire AMPS 850 network..(Averaging around 75% of their nationwide home network) to a GSM carrier like say.. Cingular...that can use it with their GSM 850...hrm??

    According to this article:
    http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/null/3554
    (Brought to you by the brave dudes in Yahoo! Tech.)
    Sprint has the largest network, covering 295 Million people.
    Second place is T-Mobile covering 275 Million people (Most likely when including their roaming partners, which they still charge for.)
    Third place is Cingular covering 270 Million people (within their own home network, more with roaming. Cingular also covers much more people with an all digital voice network..letting them also have the largest data network in the nation.)
    Last and least, within its own home network nationwide is Verizon Wireless covering a measly 255 Million poeple.

    When it boils down..Verizon and T-mobile seem to have the worst coverage nationwide...letting them share the last spot since we all know T-mobile doesn't have much to offer for home coverage anyways, unless ur in the middle of the big cities. So the majority of their coverage is Roaming..so technically, Cingular SHOULD be in second place.

    But one statement I will make that has the most power, Verizon, even with its Roaming agreements and partners, of which INCLUDES SPRINT as their "Largest Roaming Agreement" (Internal Quote) can only cover 291 people VS Sprint's 295.

    Another reason to look ONLY at home coverage, when roaming on someones else's towers, the only thing you ARE guarenteed is the capability to make calls. You are NOT guarenteed any data coverage or even the ability to receive calls/voicemail notices. If your provider's towers CANNOT see you, then they cannot serve you. Simple as that.

    If you want more information..check out www.drakoswr.tk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions