Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    So, the T650's out now but I'm not a business customer. I stopped by my local verizon store and he said he'd have it May 23rd but then went on to say he won't sell it to me. I'm in the mid-west now and have an east coast area code. Since mine's not a local, he'd have to go through customer service anyways to get the phone activated and said he won't sell it to me. I called CS, they won't sell me one yet, and asked them about what my local guy said. They confirmed that they'd have to get involved, and he can refuse to sell me the phone.

    Good news is, he pointed out that adding a data plan to my current voice plan will push me into a new customer category, and should qualify me for contract pricing if I'm willing to re-up on a 2Y agreement.

    New question, though, for people who are upgrading from the T600... what have you got planned for the t600? Ebay?
  2. #2  
    I'm really surprised they haven't fixed the problem of unifying the Verizon markets yet.

    I worked there in the summer of 2001. Verizon is a hodgepodge of regional cellular carriers merged together. While they generally have standardized phones across all the regions, stores in each region can only access accounts created in that region.

    Thus, the problem you described: signed up for the account on the East Coast, move to Midwest, no Midwest store can set you up with a new phone without some serious, serious hassle. It would be the same problem if you had to do a warranty replacement--your local store would have to coordinate with a store in your original region.

    If they didn't have such good tower coverage, I don't know why people would stay with them.

    Sprint, as they like to say in the commercials, was built nationwide "from the ground up." If you have an Ohio area code and signed up in Ohio, any sprint store customer service rep can access your account and set you up with a new phone.
  3. #3  
    I can't believe the Verizon T650 is still not available to all yet!

    I went into a Verizon store today and was told they wouldn't be selling it until early June. I asked why they weren't selling it yet and was told "Verizon likes to fully test the phones they sell to make sure they have the best reception of all carriers before they start selling them."

    What a joke! The T700 will be out before Verizon starts selling the T650. I don't see how anyone can stay with this carrier!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I can't believe the Verizon T650 is still not available to all yet!

    What a joke! The T700 will be out before Verizon starts selling the T650. I don't see how anyone can stay with this carrier!
    Let's not be ridiculous. They are already selling it within the B2B channel and will be moving to consumer sales within a month.

    To say the 700 will be out first or that Verizon isn't worth staying with because they release phones later than everyone else is, quite frankly, stupid.

    If you are a Verizon subscriber and you cannot handle waiting 30 days, then cut your losses and switch to one of those other carriers who releases phones quickly on their less pervasive networks. I look forward to other whining posts about their inferior coverage afterwards.

    Cripes people. Let's get a grip, eh?
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by adimiron
    Let's not be ridiculous. They are already selling it within the B2B channel and will be moving to consumer sales within a month.
    7 months after the phone first came out is terrible. Forget B2B, it should have been available to everyone a while ago. They're not still testing this phone, just keeping their customers from the latest technology. I've seen Verizon come out with other phones very quickly (when they are the first to break a new phone).

    To say the 700 will be out first or that Verizon isn't worth staying with because they release phones later than everyone else is, quite frankly, stupid.
    I see that you either work for Verizon, own their stock or just like kissing their ***. Frankly it is STUPID to stay with a carrier that keeps the latest technology away from it customers. None of these carriers are that superior to the other to put up with waiting over 7 months to get a phone.

    If you are a Verizon subscriber and you cannot handle waiting 30 days, then cut your losses and switch to one of those other carriers who releases phones quickly on their less pervasive networks. I look forward to other whining posts about their inferior coverage afterwards.
    I'm not with Verizon, but a couple of my friends are and they are not satisfied. They said their coverage leaves a lot to be desired just as is the case with all of the carriers. They also are not too thrilled with their data plan. So get your nose out of their *** and get with the program. THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD THE T650 OUT BY NOW!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  6. #6  
    Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! treosixoo. Left Verizon for Sprint. No prblem w/ reception or CS (I guess it helps knowing people at my friendly Sprint store) By the time Verizon cust get the Treo, Sprint will be comming out w/ the T700. hehahehhaehh
  7. #7  
    People tend to not know the true facts concerning the 650. Sprint had a contract with PalmOne for 6 months that kept the 650 exclusive to Sprint.

    Also, look at all of the problems that the Sprint and Cingular model had after their releases. Memory problem, sound issues, other misc issues. There were a bunch of firmware upgrades since then. Verizon's 650 has been released with all of these fixes included. Everyone has their own preferences for phones and people will have their own experiences with various service providers in different regions of the country and world. People that are in major cities and generally stay in their area probably won't see a difference with any of the carriers and can choose a provider based on their phone selection. Other people are in areas where a certain one or two carriers have better coverage than the others and have limited choices. Yet there are others that travel a great deal or even every so often and coverage is an issue. Again, there is limited choices depending on where you travel and how much. I am not defending any carrier nor am I saying anyone here is right or wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and hence why there are multiple cellular carriers to choose from.

    If you are that angry about a carrier a their selection of phones, then go to another carrier. Bottom Line.

    Thanks for your time.



    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    7 months after the phone first came out is terrible. Forget B2B, it should have been available to everyone a while ago. They're not still testing this phone, just keeping their customers from the latest technology. I've seen Verizon come out with other phones very quickly (when they are the first to break a new phone).

    I see that you either work for Verizon, own their stock or just like kissing their ***. Frankly it is STUPID to stay with a carrier that keeps the latest technology away from it customers. None of these carriers are that superior to the other to put up with waiting over 7 months to get a phone.

    I'm not with Verizon, but a couple of my friends are and they are not satisfied. They said their coverage leaves a lot to be desired just as is the case with all of the carriers. They also are not too thrilled with their data plan. So get your nose out of their *** and get with the program. THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD THE T650 OUT BY NOW!!
  8. #8  
    what is discouraging is the delay in release. "It is in the mail" and oops!! no it is not! They are being recalled (that is what I was told by my rep) and the rollout delayed because of "software" issues regarding the time plans. You would think after all these months that I would be straightened out. Very discouraging. I look forward to when they have more competition.
  9. #9  
    Wierd. I got my phone yesterday (they gave me Saturday delivery for free) and activated it with no problems, with no mention of any recall. Used the phone all day yesterday and today with no problems. I installed a few games and a few of the apps that came with the Treo CD. As long as you are not installing all kinds of bootleg applications, you will have no problems. I think people are getting problems because they are installing all of the same apps from their 600 or just installing warez patched apps from whoknowswhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    what is discouraging is the delay in release. "It is in the mail" and oops!! no it is not! They are being recalled (that is what I was told by my rep) and the rollout delayed because of "software" issues regarding the time plans. You would think after all these months that I would be straightened out. Very discouraging. I look forward to when they have more competition.
  10. #10  
    I swear you must be high, treosixoo.

    High or 12 years old. I'm not sure.

    As mentioned previously, Sprint had an exclusivity contract. Note that Motorola has not yet shipped the CDMA version of the RAZR, nor is it available anywhere but on Cingular. I guess Sprint and Verizon are keeping that very desirable phone out of their customer's hands on purpose, eh?

    I think the funniest thing about your argument is your personification of Verizon as "keeping technology out of the hands of their customers." This is laughable. Between the exclusivity contract and testing for Verizon's network, they released this phone pretty quickly. And I can guarantee that they are not trying to keep their customers from buying phones. That's not a very good business model.

    As for your declaration that, "None of these carriers are that superior to the other to put up with waiting over 7 months to get a phone," I disagree. I've had Cingular, Sprint, and Verizon, and I'm sticking with the clearest calls and best signal I've had in California, New York, and Baltimore/DC. I'm willing to wait for what I perceive as better quality. It seems that I'm not the only one.

    I do find it amusing that you are kvetching more loudly about this "issue" now that the phone has been released. Sort of like whining that your presents are already under the tree on Christmas day, but you wanted them for Chanukkah.

    You are funny. Keep posting.
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by adimiron
    I swear you must be high, treosixoo.
    Yes I am high, high on life!

    Between the exclusivity contract and testing for Verizon's network, they released this phone pretty quickly.
    You're joking, right?

    When I went to the Verizon store with a friend who is a Verizon customer, they said they have been testing the phone for the past few months to make sure it meets Verizon's "clarity standards" before they release it to the public. If the exclusive contract is true, they should say that instead of leading their customers to believe they are just dragging their feet. I'm with Sprint, so I could care less what Verizon does, but my friend (who has been with Verizon for years) was very tempted to switch because she wants the 'T650.' What you don't understand is that the phone is more important than the carrier to many people. Why do you think carriers do 'exclusive agreements' with certain phones? Answer: Because they do understand this fact!!

    As for your declaration that, "None of these carriers are that superior to the other to put up with waiting over 7 months to get a phone," I disagree. I've had Cingular, Sprint, and Verizon, and I'm sticking with the clearest calls and best signal I've had in California, New York, and Baltimore/DC. I'm willing to wait for what I perceive as better quality. It seems that I'm not the only one.
    Read this thread before you start 'flappin' your gums' about Verizon's great reception: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=84179

    You are funny.
    I'm funny? Funny how, like a clown? I'm here to amuse you!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Yes I am high, high on life!

    You're joking, right?

    When I went to the Verizon store with a friend who is a Verizon customer, they said they have been testing the phone for the past few months to make sure it meets Verizon's "clarity standards" before they release it to the public. If the exclusive contract is true, they should say that instead of leading their customers to believe they are just dragging their feet. I'm with Sprint, so I could care less what Verizon does, but my friend (who has been with Verizon for years) was very tempted to switch because she wants the 'T650.' What you don't understand is that the phone is more important than the carrier to many people. Why do you think carriers do 'exclusive agreements' with certain phones? Answer: Because they do understand this fact!!

    Read this thread before you start 'flappin' your gums' about Verizon's great reception: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=84179

    I'm funny? Funny how, like a clown? I'm here to amuse you!!
    I came to the conclusion from the last post (as I have followed the thread) that since you are not a Verizon customer, you donít have the experience to complain. If your Verizon ďfriendĒ wants to discuss his experiences with the service them I would encourage it. But we donít need individuals that donít use the service making negative comments.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical
    I came to the conclusion from the last post (as I have followed the thread) that since you are not a Verizon customer, you donít have the experience to complain. If your Verizon ďfriendĒ wants to discuss his experiences with the service them I would encourage it. But we donít need individuals that donít use the service making negative comments.
    It is his right to post here, and it is your right to disagree with him. All appropriate comments are welcome here.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical
    I came to the conclusion from the last post (as I have followed the thread) that since you are not a Verizon customer, you donít have the experience to complain. If your Verizon ďfriendĒ wants to discuss his experiences with the service them I would encourage it. But we donít need individuals that donít use the service making negative comments.
    Who are you to tell me what and what not to post? You don't seem to LOGICAL to me!

    My original point was that Verizon seemed to be taking a long time to release the 650, which I had not realized until this past Saturday. I happened to be with a friend who has Verizon and wants the 650. While in the store the guy told us that it's not out yet due to 'months of testing.' Seemed strange to me. I would think you Verizon customers should be upset about this. If Sprint always got the latest phones 7-8 months later than everyone else I would be upset with them.

    Question: Why does it seem that Verizon never get 'exclusive rights' before Sprint, Cingular, etc... on the lastest hot phones?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Who are you to tell me what and what not to post? You don't seem to LOGICAL to me!

    My original point was that Verizon seemed to be taking a long time to release the 650, which I had not realized until this past Saturday. I happened to be with a friend who has Verizon and wants the 650. While in the store the guy told us that it's not out yet due to 'months of testing.' Seemed strange to me. I would think you Verizon customers should be upset about this. If Sprint always got the latest phones 7-8 months later than everyone else I would be upset with them.

    Question: Why does it seem that Verizon never get 'exclusive rights' before Sprint, Cingular, etc... on the lastest hot phones?
    I never said he couldnt post here. This is the sprint and verizon section. I was saying that how can you slam a product or service that you do not have. It is just like CNET reviews where people rate those products and have never touched them. Everyone I know that has sprint complains about dropped calls (in Ohio). But I dont run around saying "I cant believe you sprint users deal with that, that is such BS." I dont have experience with the product so how can I complain about it? I dont understand why you would use effort to complain about a service that you dont use. If verizon customers have a problem with it they can take it up with verizon. Why do we need a sprint user to lead a crusade?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical
    Why do we need a sprint user to lead a crusade?
    Because you Verizon users don't have "A Big Enough Pair" to do it yourself!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  17. #17  
    Seriously though, I just couldn't believe Verizon hadn't come out with the 650 yet and wondered why.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  18. #18  
    Fair enough. Personally, I'm happy enough with the service to wait. Do you think that Verizon wants to admit that it has to wait out exclusivity agreements? I would imagine claiming to be "testing" the phone for that period of time sounds like more of a personal interest in the customers' experience.

    In reference to Verizon always getting phones last, that's not true. They're getting the Samsung i730 first, and I believe they got the Kyocera 7135 first as well. The Motorola v710 Bluetooth phone I think was a VZW first-release too.

    Really, it comes down to what the manufacturers are willing to customize and make exclusive for the carriers.

    I've got another month left on my contract anyways, so the release date has become academic for me anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    My original point was that Verizon seemed to be taking a long time to release the 650, which I had not realized until this past Saturday. I happened to be with a friend who has Verizon and wants the 650. While in the store the guy told us that it's not out yet due to 'months of testing.' Seemed strange to me. I would think you Verizon customers should be upset about this. If Sprint always got the latest phones 7-8 months later than everyone else I would be upset with them.

    Question: Why does it seem that Verizon never get 'exclusive rights' before Sprint, Cingular, etc... on the lastest hot phones?
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.

Posting Permissions