Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    this is probably a repost but just incase, the free 128MB SD from PalmOne if you have a treo 650 works for VZW treo's too..

http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml

Although when you fill out the form online it doesnt work (says invalid Product ID), if you call the PalmOne 800# (1-800-881-7256 option#3) tell them you want to order the free SD card and give your serial# and Product ID (the Promotion code listed on the windows install CD in the box) they can process it manually and ship it to you free.

update:

apparently I must have gotten in right under the wire...

VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMERS: Because all Treo 650 smartphones for Verizon Wireless already have the optimized version of our non-volatile memory system (NVFS), this offer is not available to Verizon Wireless customers.
    Last edited by jbiz; 05/17/2005 at 07:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiz
    this is probably a repost but just incase, the free 128MB SD from PalmOne if you have a treo 650 works for VZW treo's too..

http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml

Although when you fill out the form online it doesnt work (says invalid Product ID), if you call the PalmOne 800# (1-800-881-7256 option#3) tell them you want to order the free SD card and give your serial# and Product ID (the Promotion code listed on the windows install CD in the box) they can process it manually and ship it to you free.
    Uh Oh.

Does this mean that the 650 has the memory allocation problem that Sprint had with the initial release?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Uh Oh.

Does this mean that the 650 has the memory allocation problem that Sprint had with the initial release?
    i personally have no idea.. but since you cant fill out the online form, and the treo is not fully released by Verizon (to non biz), maybe they just didnt update their side yet to dis-allow VZW treo 650's from getting it too... (just a thought)...
    Thank you. I just ordered one on the phone. The Rep was surprised/pissed that Verizon released the phone earlier then they said they would. Anyway, he offered free shipping on anything I bought but the cradle kit was sold out so I didn't need anything. He said i'd get the 128 in about a week, completely free. WooHoo!

Erik
    I just called and the rep said no, the firmware in the VZW 650 takes care of the memory issue.
    Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    hmm.. maybe they forgot to update the system until today..
    I'll try again next week. It only costs a little time.
    I'm waiting for that new SanDisk SD card with built-in USB.
    Directly from the link above:

VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMERS: Because all Treo 650 smartphones for Verizon Wireless already have the optimized version of our non-volatile memory system (NVFS), this offer is not available to Verizon Wireless customers.
    i take it is good news. Palmone is clearly stating that the memory issues are resolved on the Verizon version of the 650.