Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. jbiz's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
       #1  
    Does anyone know what the promo information is for the 1 year commitment for the unlimited data plan (at 44.99/month).. I called VZW 2 times and to add the promo to my account for my treo 650 and they tell me its does not exists and they have no idea what I am talking about???

    am I explaining it to them wrong.. maybe just calling the wrong VZW number??

    any info would be greatly appreciated, as my 650's showed up today.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiz
    Does anyone know what the promo information is for the 1 year commitment for the unlimited data plan (at 44.99/month).. I called VZW 2 times and to add the promo to my account for my treo 650 and they tell me its does not exists and they have no idea what I am talking about???

    am I explaining it to them wrong.. maybe just calling the wrong VZW number??

    any info would be greatly appreciated, as my 650's showed up today.

    Thanks.
    I heard of this promo last week from one of the in-store VZW setup stores in my local Circuit City Store. The lady said that it's in addition to the NE2 discount...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  3. #3  
    Yes it is in addition to the NE2 discount. I ordered my Treo 650 in a vzw store and they offered it to me but couldn't confirm whether I could cancel the unlimited data plan. I've read reports of other people saying you can cancel the data plan and still keep the $100 rebate. Can anyone confirm this?
  4. jbiz's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
       #4  
    well right now I have the unlimited added to the phone, but they wont give me any discount for it as they seem to have no idea what I am talking about when I call.. and since i have 2 650's on a family share plan, they seem to not want to apply anything to that 2nd phone (even though the plan is 44.99/month).
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiz
    well right now I have the unlimited added to the phone, but they wont give me any discount for it as they seem to have no idea what I am talking about when I call.. and since i have 2 650's on a family share plan, they seem to not want to apply anything to that 2nd phone (even though the plan is 44.99/month).
    That's correct... NE2 applies only to lines over $34.99. Technically, the 2nd line is only $20.00, so no dice. It sucks, I know!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  6. jbiz's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
       #6  
    ok.. so here's what I finally convinced them to do..

    -- 2 treo 650's for $359 each (ordered thru my b2b extranet) w/ 2 year contract
    -- another $100 off each treo ($200 total) by doing the unlimited data plan (they needed to contact the Internet Orders group to get it approved)
    -- $100 account rebate for some Corp discount if purchase was made by June 1 (would have been $100 for each treo, but its a Family share plan)
    -- 20% off the 44.99 data plan for the Primary treo, no discount for the 2nd treo data plan
    -- 15% off the 199.99 3500 anytime monthly plan (acutally 15% off 190.00 as 2nd phone at 9.99 does not get a discount)

    took forever, but "seems" to have worked out in the end.. I'll believe it when I see the bill.
  7. #7  
    How'd you get 20% off data plan? Affiliation with a company?
  8. jbiz's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
       #8  
    yeah, it seems that when I asked VZW about discounts, I had the following from my Corp discounts.. (not B2B, but an Employee discount as part of the "National account").

    15% off voice plan
    25% off accessories
    20% off data plans (though they did not agree on this one at first and had to be pressed to look into this and put it on my account)
  9. cadams's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #9  
    I have always been able to get the NE2 discount on both of my lines in the family share. Is this a new policy or something because if it is I will be switching my line to Cingular.
  10. jbiz's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    I have always been able to get the NE2 discount on both of my lines in the family share. Is this a new policy or something because if it is I will be switching my line to Cingular.
    I did not get any NE2 discount, that first 100 was some "Advanced Device" (PDA) discount arranged by my employer and VZW. Though I am really not sure what they were talking about as I never heard of it before, but I know it was good theru June 01 2005

Posting Permissions