1.    #1  
    I recently bought a treo 650 off of ebay, when I finally got it I called sprint to activate it. The cust service rep said that he could not find the esn in the system which probably meant that the phone had been reported lost or stolen at some point.

Is there anything I can do to get my Treo 650 activated, or did I just throw $350 down the drain?
    sorry to hear that but that is the main reason I will not take a chance buying something like that off of ebay.. that really sucks.. hope you get it sorted out..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  3.    #3  
    Well, just to keep you all informed.

I spoke to the guy I bought the phone off of on ebay. The situation went like this.

The guy had told sprint that the phone was lost, so he could get a replacement. (The phone does have a couple scratches on it, but the only reason I can figure out why he did this was so that he could sell the old one to begin with)

Anyhow since he said the phone was lost, sprint put a flag on it.

The guy called sprints fraud line, told them he had found his old phone and wanted the flag taken off. Sprint did.

I was then able to activate the phone.

So pretty much the guy cheated the system, and I almost got screwed.
    He got a new/refurbed phone and made $250 off me ($350 stated earlier included all the additional items I bought for it).

I guess this is a good warning for everyone else out there, sprint said that if you have the ESN# of the phone, you can call them and verify that it is not lost or stolen.

So if you plan on buying a phone off ebay, get the ESN # of the phone and verify it first!
    glad to hear you got it worked out...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    i hate to play ethics police, but that guy should be reported. it's *ssholes like that who makes lock/line rates and replacement costs go up. A night in jail will do the f*cker some good.