Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2man
    Well, finally they responded and said I dont qualify for an upgrade and that I can pay full price. $519. (I dont think so)
    hmmmm, so, do I use the coupon from Wiggyfife or come up sith something better?
    furthermore, if what PFT posted infact works, you net a free BT Headset to boot!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife
    did you see my post above you for another option??? Just curious...
    Yeah, I was under the assumption that PalmOne will be shipping 650's in 2-3 weeks. I need/want it a lot sooner than that.
    Just did it. hate to wait 3 weeks though. Is the headset any good?
    Thanks for the info. only 100 more than I would have gotten it from the B2B site anyway. And if you add the BT Headset, comes almost to the same price.
    Now if they would only of had a cradle to buy.....
    Just Called 611 and the guy placed the order, no questions asked. Threw in free overnight and specified that it be here before 3:00. I'm guessing that doesn't mean tomorrow but means on Wednesday. Signed up for pay as you go data (.15/kb).

However - tell me if I got hosed on this: I had just bought a new phone and re-upped my 2 years in February so I got NE2 as well at the time. The guy said that since I did that, I wasn't eligible to get the 2 year pricing on the phone (399) but rather was only eligible for the 1 year pricing (449). So..my total was 449 plus tax. However, I didn't have to sign a new contract and my existing contract from Feb. is still active.

Jeff

Edit: I guess I could have used the coupon, but I don't feel like waiting 3 weeks if it truely arrives tomorrow or Wednesday.
    my only complaint about waiting 2 weeks is that Im traveling tomorrow and I've used up my trial of PdaNet. And I dont want to buy pdaNet for the 600 then turnaround and buy it again for the 650.
    I think what you did makes a lot of sense.
    People who are not eligible for the NE2 discount are better off buying it at Palmone using the coupon. The price is cheaper, no tax, no shipping and most importantly no contract!!

Thanks, Wiggyfife
    I do not understand how you non-B2B people are getting your orders through. I have tried at least twenty times now, and I am always told the same thing..."Get lost, maggot!" Well, not in those words, but that's how the rejection sounds.
    Just got lucky w/ the rep. I guess. Have you tried today since apparently today is the day it was "officially" announced?
    Quote Originally Posted by jincue
    I think what you did makes a lot of sense.
    People who are not eligible for the NE2 discount are better off buying it at Palmone using the coupon. The price is cheaper, no tax, no shipping and most importantly no contract!!

Thanks, Wiggyfife
    and bingo was your name-o!!! Congrats!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjitfreek
    I do not understand how you non-B2B people are getting your orders through. I have tried at least twenty times now, and I am always told the same thing..."Get lost, maggot!" Well, not in those words, but that's how the rejection sounds.
    Try the coupon & see...
    I was told by Verizon that the phone is available to all users by phone and in stores, however not online nor in third party distributors (Radio Shack, etc.). If you have trouble just ask to speak with a supervisor then ask the supervisor to speak with a manager.

I can't wait until my phone comes!
    I was on the phone for an hour with the rep today and he told me that he was told not to sell me the phone period, that it will be available on the 23rd and to wait until then. Do I have infernally bad luck, or have others met with the same fate?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjitfreek
    I was on the phone for an hour with the rep today and he told me that he was told not to sell me the phone period, that it will be available on the 23rd and to wait until then. Do I have infernally bad luck, or have others met with the same fate?
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical
    Same here
    I've called vzw several times a day for the last week and have had no luck. Today I got close with a rep who said she thought she could get me the 650 and put me on hold. When she came back she said that she couldn't order it until the 23rd. When I told her that other non B2B customers were getting it she said she knew and put me on hold again. Again she came back and said she checked and couldn't do it. I then asked what it will cost me when I do get it. Because I'm not eligble for NE2 until July 2006 or even a contract extension discount until this July, it will cost me $519, though she did say they might have some promotion when it is finally released to us mortals.

In the end, I decided to go the PalmOne route. Using the upgrade offer and the 15% off, I got it for $441.50 with free shipping and a free Bluetooth headset. I also got a few accessories for the 15% off. I'll just wait the 2-3 weeks. I like the idea I didn't have to extend my contract wtih VZW. I'm also hoping it will be easier to keep my MOU arrangement since all I will have to do is call VZW and register the new ESN for the 650. We shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I've called vzw several times a day for the last week and have had no luck. Today I got close with a rep who said she thought she could get me the 650 and put me on hold. When she came back she said that she couldn't order it until the 23rd. When I told her that other non B2B customers were getting it she said she knew and put me on hold again. Again she came back and said she checked and couldn't do it.
    Yep.that is an exact parallel of my experience as well. I have even thought about taking Monday off to make sure I can get one of these phones. I feel like such a doofus for doing it, but what the heck...the name says it all!

gadjitfreek
    Everybody who has the T650 right now thats not b2b customer's are EXTREAMLY LUCKY!!! I have called Verizon day after day and I get the same story, "business customers only!!!!!" and "we have no clue when it will be available to regular consumers, I'm guessing soon" "soon", "soon??????", "SOON????" he says!!! What the @%&! does soon mean!!! It was "soon" back on 4-4-05! when they officially announced it coming. Here it is a month and a half later and still no firm release date. Checked with palm one also, they told me they were taking orders now for all consumers. I said GREAT! I'll take one! Over-night it to me and I'll pay the extra fee! "But sir, over-night is included with your order", he said. "It will take 2 to 3 weeks for shipping because it IS NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH REGULAR CONSUMER CHANNELS" Oh GREAT!!! I'm so glad thats what your web-site told me before I got really excited!!! He told me "consider an order through palm one to be a pre-order only because they can't ship it to me untill Verizon officially releases the phone. I may as well just wait until my retail store has them. I can get it a day sooner then palm one can ship it. Now I wait until the 23rd like everyone is saying it will be out(except any of the 20 reps I talked to, who all said "duhh I dunno" duhhhhh probably soon I tink". Geee thanks. I praise all who have tried and succeded and finally have a Verizon 650 of their own!!!! CHEERS!!!
    Holy Smokes - I ordered mine yesterday around 3:00pm EDT (see earlier post - I guess I was one of the lucky ones) and FedEx knocked on my door this morning at 9:15am.
    I just bought mine from Verizon about an hour ago. It will be here tomorrow. There had been rumors that they couldn't order them at full retail, but that is not true, I just did. They are only ordering them from stores, not over the phone supposedly, but I'll get mine tomorrow.
    It will be in stores next monday for the record, for sure.
    OK, I don't know what the hell is happening. Why is it I get met with a giant roadblock every time I try to order this phone? How is it that many of you can order them for personal use but others cannot? That's just insane. I tried again twice today and have given up utterly. Fine, so I will wait until Monday...by the time I get out of work, every one will be sold out in my area. I don't know why I am so furious about this...it's just a damned PDA phone, but I am.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast