Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Not a bad phone so far. I've had two resets in the four hours it's been on, but otherwise things are working fine. The important things are there:

...speakerphone is OK, but not as good as my V710.
    ...While accepting signout for the weekend from my colleague, I was able, while speaking on the phone, to switch to Memo and type the pertinent patient information.
    ...I can receive voice messages
    ...RF is not bad. It's no V710, but I think I'll be able to live for a little longer without a signal booster in my car.

Still playing around with the phone....sorry to those who want one, but can't get it until the 23rd.
    Last edited by neuronbob; 05/13/2005 at 09:04 PM.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Ordered my phone on 5/11 via B2B website.

Called back on 5/12 to get status since the online status check said that they've received my order and check back tomorrow but no additional status. Was told by CSR that the phone deployment was delayed 24 hours due to network problems. He told me that he was 'confidant' the issue would be resolved in 24 hrs and that he would call me back when it was available. I told him that if it was not available within 24 hours, I was canceling the order.

He called back today 5/13 to say that the phone was available and shipping Fed X overnight and would be at my hotel Saturday morning. He gave me a tracking number but it looked strange. Sure enough Fed X does not recognize the number.

Several calls (multiple #ís) laterÖ

611 or the 800-350-2830 #ís cannot even find my order number. Then they tell me the ONLY people that can access my order cannot be reached by phone! She gives me an email address.

I sent an email their way but as of yet, no response. Go figure!

Thatís my story sad but true!

I don't believe the 650 exists for Verizon...you that have pictures are Photoshop masters!
    Got my 650 today. It is awesome, much better than the 600 in most ways. One disappointment is how DateBK5 runs, very slow loading and unloading. I'm temporarily using Calendar and Tasks until Pimlico and/or Palm get their act together. Pimlico website blames Palm. Anybody having better luck with it?
    Dude, I got the exact same thing. Ive sent them emails twice. Is your contact email to them "westco etc......"? Mine is. maybe they dont have them on the west coast yet.
    Pretty annoying. Mines been saying the same thing since the 11th too.

Quote Originally Posted by JDE-ERP
    Ordered my phone on 5/11 via B2B website.

Called back on 5/12 to get status since the online status check said that they've received my order and check back tomorrow but no additional status. Was told by CSR that the phone deployment was delayed 24 hours due to network problems. He told me that he was 'confidant' the issue would be resolved in 24 hrs and that he would call me back when it was available. I told him that if it was not available within 24 hours, I was canceling the order.

He called back today 5/13 to say that the phone was available and shipping Fed X overnight and would be at my hotel Saturday morning. He gave me a tracking number but it looked strange. Sure enough Fed X does not recognize the number.

Several calls (multiple #ís) laterÖ

611 or the 800-350-2830 #ís cannot even find my order number. Then they tell me the ONLY people that can access my order cannot be reached by phone! She gives me an email address.

I sent an email their way but as of yet, no response. Go figure!

Thatís my story sad but true!

I don't believe the 650 exists for Verizon...you that have pictures are Photoshop masters!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2man
    Dude, I got the exact same thing. Ive sent them emails twice. Is your contact email to them "westco etc......"? Mine is. maybe they dont have them on the west coast yet.
    Pretty annoying. Mines been saying the same thing since the 11th too.

No the address I was given was: socalbsc...

Get this, I received an email stating that my order was held because Verizon needed a credit approval and they need my SS#. I paid with my AMEX and there is NO problem with my card. Also, I just went to the web to see if my order status has been updated. Up until now, the message said that they have received my order, check back tomorrow. Now it says there is NO RECORD of my order.

Geeezzz
    Sorry you guys are having problems. I can't believe how easily I got mine. Not B2B and I'm on the West Coast -- Santa Barbara.
    Did you purchase online? If I buy online at my Co's B2B site, I save $100. I really am not in too big a hurry to get it but since I did buy it, I expect it when they said it will be delivered!

If I have to buy else where, I will move to Cingular/ATT

How do you like yours?
    I purchased by calling *611 for $299 after NE2 discount. I feel it is a great step up from the 600, like it very much except for running DATEBK5 which runs real slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    $349 orig less NE2 $100 then a $50 loyalty discount! Can't beat that.
    Two different B2B reps in mid-Atlantic region both said it's $399 less $100 for signing up for voice and data (data can be cancelled), less 6% for my corporate size. I can understand the differentials in loyalty discounts and percentage discounts, but why are some folks starting from $399 and others starting from $349 or $359?
    I bought one at a VZW store in Carson, CA yesterday. Full details on its own thread.
    So far I love it!
    Denise
  11. TAW
    Called the 800 number mentioned here on Thursday. Paid $20 for FedEx saturday delivery and it was delived today. No business account.
    I got the same email to call the credit dept to authorize my cc. but I called them and they have no idea what to do. So I sent an email back.
    This is jacked.

Quote Originally Posted by JDE-ERP
    No the address I was given was: socalbsc...

Get this, I received an email stating that my order was held because Verizon needed a credit approval and they need my SS#. I paid with my AMEX and there is NO problem with my card. Also, I just went to the web to see if my order status has been updated. Up until now, the message said that they have received my order, check back tomorrow. Now it says there is NO RECORD of my order.

Geeezzz
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schneil
    Try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, again.

I have been tried at least 15 times the last three days for to get the Treo 650 from the consumer line and corp. store. I have dialed 611, 866-837-0022, 877-483-3010 and 800-2-join-in. None have worked. I got very close yesterday, but CS Rep called back saying computer wouldn't let him order it.

I guess I am stuck waiting for the 23rd, unless anyone has another idea. I ordered the 600 early through tele-sales, I think, but no luck with the 650.

If anyone else has had the same disappointing experience, please let me know that I am not the only loser here.

Thanks.
    You are not alone. So far I have had the same experience. I'm in South Florida, only reason I mention this is it seems to be certain regions are more lax than others in sticking to the B2B only release.

Looks like I am stuck waiting for the 23rd too.
    Yesterday I called the 800 number and was able to order the 650. Took about 20 minutes. The only problem I encountered was E2Y credit, at first the service tech did not think the discount applied but she researched and applied the discount.

Should arrive Tues.
    I wasn't quite prepared to purchase this yet, but I had to move on this. I just used the 15% off coupon to purchase my new VZW Treo650 for a grand total of $441.15. Best part is no tax, no shipping, no data plan, & NO CONTRACT EXTENSION!!!

For those wanting to jump on this today, the link for the last time:

http://web.palmone.com/promos/treogiveaway_15off.jhtml

Code:

TGB75Q2ZXN

Expires: TODAY!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again and SUCCEED!?!

So after not calling Verizon for a few days, I called 611 and asked for telesales. They pulled up my account info and asked how they could help. I said, "I want to buy a TREO 650." The rep said that he couldn't order it from his system so he transferred me to the business dept. Once there, the rep, found it, ordered it for me, and gave me an order ID# within 20 minutes. She said that they still have some in stock, which tells me that they are close to running out.

I got it at $399 with 2-year extension and I am having it shipped overnight.

Good luck to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by schneil
    Try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again and SUCCEED!?!

So after not calling Verizon for a few days, I called 611 and asked for telesales. They pulled up my account info and asked how they could help. I said, "I want to buy a TREO 650." The rep said that he couldn't order it from his system so he transferred me to the business dept. Once there, the rep, found it, ordered it for me, and gave me an order ID# within 20 minutes. She said that they still have some in stock, which tells me that they are close to running out.

I got it at $399 with 2-year extension and I am having it shipped overnight.

Good luck to all.
    did you see my post above you for another option??? Just curious...
    Well, finally they responded and said I dont qualify for an upgrade and that I can pay full price. $519. (I dont think so)
    hmmmm, so, do I use the coupon from Wiggyfife or come up sith something better?
  19. Pft
    To get the free palmOne bluetooth headset, the Treo 650 for $441.15, all additional accessories at 15% off, plus free overnight shipping - follow the steps below in their exact order.

- You have to "first" go into the upgrade link via the email palmOne sent out or that's located in the news story "Verizon 650 now available..." at the top of the TreoCentral home page.

- Enter in your Treo 600's serial number.

- Add the Verizon Treo 650 to the order.

- Check your cart to makes sure both the Verizon Treo 650 (will show as $519.00) and the free bluetooth headset are there (will show as $0).

- Then paste in the 15% off coupon link into the address bar of the same browser session using the link found in WiggyFife's note above.

- Enter the 15% off code. See WiggyFife's note above for the code.

- Now go to your cart and you'll now see the discounted Verizon Treo 650 (for $441.15), and the free bluetooth headset (for $0).

- Last, add any accessories you may want and they too will all be at 15% off.

- Go through the check out process and you'll get the free overnight shipping automatically. Note that overnight in this case means after palmOne gets stock and begins shipping (in the next 2-3 weeks).

Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2man
    Well, finally they responded and said I dont qualify for an upgrade and that I can pay full price. $519. (I dont think so)
    hmmmm, so, do I use the coupon from Wiggyfife or come up sith something better?
    Like I posted before, the coupon expires TODAY, so if you are at all motivated, DO IT NOW!!!

I am ending up w/ a better deal than the 1-yr upgrade price w/ this coupon. The best part is no tax, no shipping chg, no data (don't need it & don't care for it), but the best part is NO CONTRACT EXTENSION!!!

This is as close to a win-win as I could have ever hoped for!!! Mi El Happy-o!!!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast