Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hotch
    Verizon Treo 650 -- My thoughts.

by hotch

•Clicker by Jonas Salling is FREAKING AWESOME SOFTWARE
    Hotch: My VZW T650 will be arriving in my office in a few hours (I hope and pray). What is this software that is so freaking awesome? I looked on Handango and Palmgear HQ and can't find it.

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    Hotch: My VZW T650 will be arriving in my office in a few hours (I hope and pray). What is this software that is so freaking awesome? I looked on Handango and Palmgear HQ and can't find it.

Thanks...

http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling...ker/index.html

Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC

Thanks...
    NEVERMIND- Did a Google and found this. Sorry, when in doubt, Google. Not applicable for us PC guys.

Tiger-ready version of Salling Clicker now available; hints at upcoming 3.0 version

Stockholm, Sweden—April 27, 2005—Salling Software AB today announced the immediate availability of Salling Clicker v.2.2.1 for Mac, a compatibility-update to its award-winning utility that turns a mobile phone or PDA into an advanced two-way remote control. The new version is ready for Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger"), adds official support for recent phone model updates, and offers other minor tweaks and fixes.

Jonas Salling, President of Salling Software, also hints that today's launch will be followed by a major new version of Salling Clicker in late spring or early summer 2005. "I'm extremely excited about the release of version 3.0, which has been in development since last summer," said Mr. Salling. "It's going to be a fantastic release, greatly expanding Clicker's reach with new devices and capabilities. I think people are really going to love it". Salling Clicker v.3.0 will be a free upgrade for existing customers.
    I like the duo that's in between your Treos.

Try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, again.

I have been tried at least 15 times the last three days for to get the Treo 650 from the consumer line and corp. store. I have dialed 611, 866-837-0022, 877-483-3010 and 800-2-join-in. None have worked. I got very close yesterday, but CS Rep called back saying computer wouldn't let him order it.

I guess I am stuck waiting for the 23rd, unless anyone has another idea. I ordered the 600 early through tele-sales, I think, but no luck with the 650.

If anyone else has had the same disappointing experience, please let me know that I am not the only loser here.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by schneil

If anyone else has had the same disappointing experience, please let me know that I am not the only loser here.

Thanks.
    Nope! Total loser here, too. I spent 75 minutes on the phone (70 of that on hold) to be denied. Serves me right, I guess. I will wait until the 23rd like the rest of the world...maybe I will take the day off so I can buy the phone. The night before, I will reformat my computer's main hard drive and reinstall everything clean. I have too much garbage on my computer right now, so it's time for a clean start.

Mark
    Got it activated! Spent the morning with friend who had just got hers too, trading software and lusting after accessories. PocketTunes is in and I am using the TreoBits Shoutcast sites. Very fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I like the duo that's in between your Treos.

good eye, I like em too
    Also have had no luck, though I haven't tried 15 times...maybe 4 though.

Thats a new one for me - the HDD format because of the new Treo. I thought I formatted a lot (once a year).
    Can anyone tell me how to install a ringtone on the Treo 650? The manual only talks about downloading them, but I have one (.mid) on my pc. I know how to copy it to the sd card in my Treo, but how do I get the Treo to acknowledge it in the list of ringtones that can be assigned to a contact?
    Thanks! --Cyberbec
    Does anyone have problem with their 650 after the initial sync? Mine keeps on resetting itself.
    No, I haven't had any resets at all.
    Don't belive the Treo supports MIDI files
    I had it constantly with the GSM one. My VZW one has yet to reset once in 2 days. The GSM (Cingular) one I had for a month reset every 2 hours, or whenever there was a anomoly in signal (spike or loss)
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Mine came in today! It's been great so far. Not to mention that my first Biz rep I spoke to said he really didn't service our account and handed it off to another rep who got me the phone for $199! $349 orig less NE2 $100 then a $50 loyalty discount! Can't beat that. Already sold my 600 on Ebay for $300. Leaves me money for accessories!
    Finally got my tracking number today. It took two days for the order to get approved, but it went in today- be at my door Monday by 10:30. All done through *611, without a biz rep. Looking forward to Monday!!
    Put the order in today at the local service center. Said they are shipping it out and it will be here Wednesday.

Now, I need to learn what accessories and software are the best to get! Also, what is the most popular BT Headset that will work with this thing?
    No matter how many reps I talk to or numbers I try, the result is the same. "Sorry, we are not going to sell you a Treo 650". Either they say it is not out yet, or that since I am not a B2B customer, I can't order one. I don't know how many people were able to get around it, but man, more power to you. This waiting is murder! Knowing that the phone is out there and being unable to get it is very frustrating. I guess I will have to wait another 9 days. What the heck...been waiting 7 months, I guess I can be patient some more.

But I don't LIKE being patient!!!!!!

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Payton
    Put the order in today at the local service center. Said they are shipping it out and it will be here Wednesday.

Now, I need to learn what accessories and software are the best to get! Also, what is the most popular BT Headset that will work with this thing?
    In the Treo650 general forum, I posted the link & coupon code for 15% off @ P1. It expires on 05/16/2005. If that motivates you to get a move on for some accessories... Welcome to TC!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjitfreek
    No matter how many reps I talk to or numbers I try, the result is the same. "Sorry, we are not going to sell you a Treo 650". Either they say it is not out yet, or that since I am not a B2B customer, I can't order one. I don't know how many people were able to get around it, but man, more power to you. This waiting is murder! Knowing that the phone is out there and being unable to get it is very frustrating. I guess I will have to wait another 9 days. What the heck...been waiting 7 months, I guess I can be patient some more.

But I don't LIKE being patient!!!!!!

Mark
    Feel for you man. It will be worth the wait, like Christmas when you were a kid.