Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Was the data plan price a dicount for your affiliation? That's $10 less than what it has been.
    Yes it was discounted because of the affiliation. Don't know what I'll actually get charged until I see the bill though.......................
    Add another to the list of VZW T650s. Got FOUR of them in today through my business contact. $299 with NE2 rebate.

Life is good! Been waiting forever!

Woo Hoo!

-Ed
    I am getting $34.99, with a voice plan. More without voice. This is the internal pricing for my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Was the data plan price a dicount for your affiliation? That's $10 less than what it has been.
    In the box:

gray phone (gunmetal?)
    wall charger
    earbuds
    USB cord
    screen protector

CDs, manuals etc
    $299 (that"s $399 w/ 2-yr. plan - $100 for unlimited data @ $44.99/mo)

Opened new business account. Just one form to fill out and fax back.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Treo made it here today and ROCK!
    Haven't posted forever but need to report I ordered a 650 in Southern California today by dialing *611, getting NE2 discount and overnighted, not a business customer!
    I ordered the 650 today through our VZW biz site for $349.00 with a 1-year commitment and added the unlimited data plan for $44.99. Since our biz site did not provide shipping options and our account rep is on vacation, I won't receive it until sometime next week. I'm also going to change my voiceplan, which it did not give me the option to change. Shipping was free.

I would love to get some recommendations for warez and accessories. The biz site was very limited in accessories. And since BB Connect is not yet available, I'm going to order chatter email. Any thoughts?

Now I can back to focusing on work (at work).
    Called *611 three times today with no luck. Two of the calls were over 10 min. with them trying to get it to go through. One even got the supervisor and still no luck. This sucks.
    I tried last night to order it via customer service but the rep told me that even if she sends the order through it will not get approved because my acct is my own and not through my company.(eventho i get a discount through my company). I spoke with my biz rep today, no problem. He said he shipped out my 650. Paid $359.99-100.00 for data plan and $10 overnight shipping. Can't wait....
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i received my 650 from verizon yesterday (business user - i was able to order it monday no problem). for a bit of background, i spent 2 weeks with a cingular 650 but had to take it back and wait for vzw, as we don't have a corp plan for cingular. i loved the treo but decided to take back the cingular one and wait for verizon.
    so far so good, but....

first, no EVDO, as most already know.

my initial thoughts are very positive. the coverage is good, hasn't been an issue. also, the data network seems to be more reliable than cingulars (i live in the SF bay area). i used to get all kinds of failed email sync (versamail/activesync) with cingular, and i haven't had a single failure with verizon so far. it is, however, a bit slower. fine for email, but web browsing takes a bit longer. still - its not bad at all.

there are 2 major issues so far as i see it.
    1) when i'm using the Network date/time from verizon, my calendar events in versamail are off by 1 hour. it knows the correct time, but when it brings over calendar events from exchange it puts them in one hour ahead. i'm guessing its a daylight savings time issue. any ideas on how to fix this?

2) my bluetooth headset barely works. i have a moto hs850 that worked great on my v710 and the cingular 650, but it does not work on the vzw 650. it finds the device and knows its a headset. when i turn on my headset, the phone recognizes it, but then a few seconds later the phone disconnects from it. i can't sustain a connection at all. i've tried over and over and was able to hear through it for up to 5 seconds at one point, but just once. most of the time i can't hear anything through the headset and then the phone will revert back to the handset.
    when i turn on my headset, the bluetooth icon will indicate its working, and the headset will beep. then the icon turns off again, and the headset is dead.

i'm sure vzw screwed up something when they were busy crippling the bluetooth. very unhappy about this.
    Got my phone and called *228 to activate this afternoon - failed to program. Called customer service, they struggled for a while. Eventually it was time for me to head home so they said they would call me there about 6 pm Eastern Time. Which they did, telling me they had bad news - PDA/Blackberry activations were not working, and would not til Friday May 13, when they were slated to be done with some reprogramming.

Aigh! Anyone else activated in the Northeast?
    I just came back to read the posts about saving more with a data plan. Too late as my phone is already been shipped.

I specifically said I didn't want a data plan when I ordered, and was told that in order to put my order through I had to have some data product....so the rep added the $5 pay as you go plan to my account. He made no mention of saving $100 with activation of the unlimited data plan, likely because he didn't know. I'm not upset because my account was a mess and the rep spent a lot of time to help me out. Besides, at least I'll have the phone shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbranc
    i received my 650 from verizon yesterday (business user - i was able to order it monday no problem). for a bit of background, i spent 2 weeks with a cingular 650 but had to take it back and wait for vzw, as we don't have a corp plan for cingular. i loved the treo but decided to take back the cingular one and wait for verizon.
    so far so good, but....

first, no EVDO, as most already know.

my initial thoughts are very positive. the coverage is good, hasn't been an issue. also, the data network seems to be more reliable than cingulars (i live in the SF bay area). i used to get all kinds of failed email sync (versamail/activesync) with cingular, and i haven't had a single failure with verizon so far. it is, however, a bit slower. fine for email, but web browsing takes a bit longer. still - its not bad at all.

there are 2 major issues so far as i see it.
    1) when i'm using the Network date/time from verizon, my calendar events in versamail are off by 1 hour. it knows the correct time, but when it brings over calendar events from exchange it puts them in one hour ahead. i'm guessing its a daylight savings time issue. any ideas on how to fix this?

2) my bluetooth headset barely works. i have a moto hs850 that worked great on my v710 and the cingular 650, but it does not work on the vzw 650. it finds the device and knows its a headset. when i turn on my headset, the phone recognizes it, but then a few seconds later the phone disconnects from it. i can't sustain a connection at all. i've tried over and over and was able to hear through it for up to 5 seconds at one point, but just once. most of the time i can't hear anything through the headset and then the phone will revert back to the handset.
    when i turn on my headset, the bluetooth icon will indicate its working, and the headset will beep. then the icon turns off again, and the headset is dead.

i'm sure vzw screwed up something when they were busy crippling the bluetooth. very unhappy about this.
    Dude, that would be bad for me because I have the same bluetooth headset for my v710. Anyone have a fix?
    thanks, doing it now
  15.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by cambridge
    Got my phone and called *228 to activate this afternoon - failed to program. Called customer service, they struggled for a while. Eventually it was time for me to head home so they said they would call me there about 6 pm Eastern Time. Which they did, telling me they had bad news - PDA/Blackberry activations were not working, and would not til Friday May 13, when they were slated to be done with some reprogramming.

Aigh! Anyone else activated in the Northeast?

There was a delay in my activation, but they did it. I live in the Syracuse, NY area. Did it around 12:45 p.m.
    Verizon Treo 650 -- My thoughts.

by hotch

Background: I have been a Treo 600 user since they were first available on VZW, and I received my Treo 650 5/12/05 (one day after b2b release). I have never had a smartphone other than these two. I am an Apple Computer Sales rep and Technician, so I'm pretty tech-saavy, so I can't really address most ease-of-use issues. My usage is about 1000 minutes per month of voice, and ~200 megs of data.

Unpacking the 650 this morning, I noticed a couple major differences off the bat
    •The color of the 650 is much nicer than that of the 600-- more of a gunmetal color (i think bright silver phones look really cheap). Sidenote: why isn't this phone
    •The keys are larger and softer, and so they don't seem to lend themselves as readily to sore thumbs. It is just all around a better looking phone than the 600.
    •The stub on top is smaller, which I think may be detrimental, but i'll go into that. The stylus is now all metal with a plastic tip-- this is good, as I had the top of the 600 stylus break off on a few occasions.
    •Microphone has been moved from the back of the phone to the bottom-- this should be good in cutting down ambient noise.
    •The status light was moved from the top corner of the phone to the front face (near the earpiece). This is a bit of a disappointment, because its location on the corner allowed me to see it when the phone was face down.
    •The bottom of the phone has been redesigned-- the new connector will probably prove better, but it seems to have a propensity to pop out. I have a 3rd party USB cable from treocentral coming, so we'll see how that does. I will report back.

Observations:
    •The screen is gorgeous. 160x160 to 320x320 means that where there used to be 1 pixel, there are now 4, so everything is much more defined. It's awesome. It also seems brighter.
    •The new keyboard is awesome, very bright (a welcome change), and very nice on the fingers. I've been having a little trouble getting used to the new function key locations, but it's coming.
    •Bluetooth seems to be working well for OBEX, and with a BT headset (plantronics M3500). I'm working on DUN, but the shadowmite hack doesn't seem to be working.
    •Clicker by Jonas Salling is FREAKING AWESOME SOFTWARE
    •The internet feels faster
    •The camera is amazingly better

The number of bars displayed is consistantly lower on the 650 than my 600, but voice service seems to be working well, so i'm not complaining until I can't make calls.

I'm really tired now, but I will give more thoughts once I've used it for a few days!

Great phone, worth every penny! (all 45,000 of them!)
    Verizon rep called me yesterday around 5:00 afternoon on the East Coast and took my order for the 650. Non-business account...