1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Treo 650 with the Shadowmite ROM on it enabling bluetooth DUN. I have been able to get my laptop and my Dell Axim to connect to the internet using bluetooth on my Treo. Unfortunately, I can connect only get it to connect when the device is on; when the device is sleeping it doesn't allow a bluetooth connection. My Sprint Treo has a menu option called "Allow Wakeup" in the bluetooth program, (apparently it is missing in the Cingular version.) However, even when I've selected the "Allow Wakeup" option, it doesn't connect when the Treo is sleeping.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

(My hope is to be able to pull out my Apple Powerbook and connect to the internet without also having to pull out my Treo and turn it on.)

TMann
  2.    #2  
    Sorry to be bumping this message up again, but I was really hoping someone might have an answer to this question. With my previous bluetooth phones, (SE T610, Nokia 6600,) my phone could be safely tucked into my bag and would allow a bluetooth connection to the internet via my laptop or PDA. With the Treo, I have been having to manually turn the Treo on to get it to connect from my laptop.

Am I missing something? Or is this just an unfortunate "feature" of the software?

Thanks,

TMann