1.    #1  
    EarthLink Treo 650 Date + Price Set
    In sharp contrast to another wireless carrier that we're all to familiar with (hint: name includes V and Z), EarthLink Wireless earlier today sent an email informing people that its Treo 650 would be available for $449 after an instant $150 rebate on May 31 (exactly 3 weeks from now).

As I wrote earlier, EarthLink Wireless is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) that carries your calls using either Sprint's or Verizon's CDMA network. However, although still unconfirmed, it appears that there will be additional benefits depending on which data plan you choose:

The Treo 650 that EarthLink Wireless is offering doesn't *only* work on the CDMA/1xRTT network. It is fully EVDO capable. Since Earthlink Wireless is truly just a CDMA carrier reseller, your plan with them determines if you get Verizon service or Sprint service as your primary service, then through the partnership, you can roam to the other carrier without roaming fees. The catch is that if you get the higher priced plans, you actually get Verizon as your primary service provider (Sprint is just a roaming partner) and you get access to Verizon's EVDO network. The lower priced and more "family oriented" plans will give you Sprint as your primary (w/ Verizon as the roaming partner) and will only get you 1xRTT data and *won't* let you onto Sprint's EVDO as they roll it out. [Thanks A. Davis]

I don't have any experience using EarthLink Wireless and therefore cannot comment on their service infrastructure one way or the other (even though the company describes it as 'award-winning'). However, if you are considering the purchase of a Treo 650 and want to use it on a CDMA network while benefiting from a service that is likely going to be quite dedicated to your needs (since it is the only phone that the company offers) then I would strongly suggest that you check out EarthLink Wireless.

http://earthlink.emktg.info/html/wi...ocenter_pc.html
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    It sounds like a competetive offer that Earthlink is offering. I'd be interested in seeing how the voice and data plans end up being priced.
    I tell you, if I was ever considering CDMA service I'd consider Earthlink w/ Verizon primary over going directly to the carrier... again depending on the cost breakdown.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm curiously following Earthlink wireless.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife
    EarthLink Treo 650 Date + Price Set

The Treo 650 that EarthLink Wireless is offering doesn't *only* work on the CDMA/1xRTT network. It is fully EVDO capable.

http://earthlink.emktg.info/html/wi...ocenter_pc.html
    I haven't heard squat indicating that Palmone makes any phones that are EVDO capable - no matter what network you use them on.
    That link gets me an error 404, page not found, which is probably because an ellipsis replaced part of the URL. I couldn't find any references to Treo 650 at the earthlink.com site. Please re-enter the link checking that the whole URL gets included. TIA.
  5.    #5  
    They must be doing maintainence on the link, cuz it worked for me this morning...
  6.    #6  
    before I forget, credit for the original article goes to Treonauts. Forgot to mention that... yeah!!!
    I just spoke with a representative with Earthlink to inquire specifically about EVDO support. After putting me on hold and speaking with his supervisor he CONFIRMED for me that Earthlink's Treo 650 will support EVDO when it is out about 22 days from now.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt since the Earthlink sales shop is run by about 20 people the top-down filtration of information is certainly not as much as behemoths Verizon and Sprint.

If what he says is true...WOW!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I just spoke with a representative with Earthlink to inquire specifically about EVDO support. After putting me on hold and speaking with his supervisor he CONFIRMED for me that Earthlink's Treo 650 will support EVDO when it is out about 22 days from now.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt since the Earthlink sales shop is run by about 20 people the top-down filtration of information is certainly not as much as behemoths Verizon and Sprint.

If what he says is true...WOW!
    did you happen to ask if you can choose which network you want as your primary network???