1.    #1  
    One phone I've got it. The other they started charging per kb.
    Still fine with mine. Bought it the first day they were available. Got a letter once encouraging me to get a data plan, but no pressure otherwise.

I'd switch to ACII and possibly a family share plan if I could keep it.
    I used the MOU data on the Kyo 7135 and had no trouble keeping that plan when I switched to the Treo 600 about a year ago. I will see what happens when I get the VZW Treo 650.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Still fine with mine. Bought it the first day they were available. Got a letter once encouraging me to get a data plan, but no pressure otherwise.

I'd switch to ACII and possibly a family share plan if I could keep it.

You're post was the one that informed me of MOU, initially. Thanks!
    still using mine but I was told that it will be grandfatherd to my 600 only so if I upgrade to the 650 (verizon when it comes out) than I will have to get a data plan.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I used the MOU data on the Kyo 7135 and had no trouble keeping that plan when I switched to the Treo 600 about a year ago. I will see what happens when I get the VZW Treo 650.
    Would love to know the results because I would like to know how I can get my phone they switched from MOU to pay per kb. My wife called up customer service to replace her phone since it was dying and they gave her a new phone, but took her off of MOU.
    I've got a 650 ordered and on the way and have MOU w/my 600 (switched to ACII 1350 plan 2 months ago). Everytime I switch phones or get a replacement they try to switch me to a data plan; then I call have it changed to MOU. We'll see if they start charging me via KB usage with the 650.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jocamero
    I've got a 650 ordered and on the way and have MOU w/my 600 (switched to ACII 1350 plan 2 months ago). Everytime I switch phones or get a replacement they try to switch me to a data plan; then I call have it changed to MOU. We'll see if they start charging me via KB usage with the 650.
    Is there anything specialy you have to tell them? Or do I just say that I want to be back on MOU? Also how much of a problem did they give you trying to switch back to MOU.
    I 'verizonized' my Sprint Treo 650 back in December, and kept the same MOU plan I had with my old Verizon Kyocera 6035. I'm still only charged minutes for my data usage.

I imagine if I bought a new Verizon phone, they'd probably force me to go with a real data plan.
    QNC works with my new 650 if thats what MOU is.

Erik
    Kind of, but not really. The popular term was "EN-MOU", the EN being Express Network, or 1xRTT.

Thats the one that they've disabled (or switched to a pay-as-you-go format, and no longer Minutes Of Use, which is still possible with the slower QNC.
    I had it working on my Treo 600 until yesterday when I switched to my Treo 650. After calling and explaining what I want (NESA or MOU) they changed whatever it was. I told him I didn't want a data plan. Only to be able to send MMS (requires 1x thus NESA). It took the guy quite some time and during the process he was a little confused and was telling me hold on a second he needs to 'trick the system' since it wanted him to add a data plan. All said and done it works great and when I do a #DATA or check data useage online, I haven't been charged per KB but my minute count increases.

NESA = National Enhanced Service Access
    MOU = Minutes Only Usage
    MMS = pic/video txt messages
    Quote Originally Posted by jocamero
    I had it working on my Treo 600 until yesterday when I switched to my Treo 650. After calling and explaining what I want (NESA or MOU) they changed whatever it was. I told him I didn't want a data plan. Only to be able to send MMS (requires 1x thus NESA). It took the guy quite some time and during the process he was a little confused and was telling me hold on a second he needs to 'trick the system' since it wanted him to add a data plan. All said and done it works great and when I do a #DATA or check data useage online, I haven't been charged per KB but my minute count increases.

NESA = National Enhanced Service Access
    MOU = Minutes Only Usage
    MMS = pic/video txt messages
    How did you "switch" your phone? Did you do it at a VZW store, or just do it online yourself? I am curious since I will make the change and I JUST got done getting MOU back. Looks like I might have to make that call again.