Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I purchased the Sprint $4-$5/month equipment protection plan when I bought a G1000 last year. If I were to buy a Treo 650 directly from Amazon, does anyone know whether my existing plan would cover it automatically when I have it activated?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zagleft1
    does anyone know whether my existing plan would cover it automatically when I have it activated?
    I would suggest calling Sprint and clearing that up with them. I have learned that the coverage can be purchased for any phone, regardless of how old it is or where you get it, as long as you activate the insurance within 30 days of phone activation.

See my story here.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info, JK, sounds like an interesting experience. Maybe you're right, I better call first...........
    I bought my Treo from eBay and had no problems with adding ERP (Equipment Replacement Program) and no issues when I had to bring it in when it began malfunctioning about a month ago. They replaced my phone with no questions asked.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks, B.T. Haven't called them yet to verify since I already have the program, but I will. Now all I have to do is find the best deal!
    When you find a good deal let me know (assuming there are several for sale) because I have a 600 and am looking to upgrade.