1.    #1  
    My 2 month old Treo has a non-functional side button; after taking it into the Sprint Store today, they agreed that it was a hardware button, and offered to replace the Treo. It has been ordered and will be here around Tuesday. My question is this: Am I going to be receiving a new or a refurbished unit from Sprint? I wasn't sure how they did things in cases such as this.

TMann
    Your guess is as good as anyone elses.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    i just received a replacement treo 650 from sprint and it was refurbished. The weird thing was, I checked its status and it said it had a lifetimeminutes usage of only 3 minutes. weird.
    Sprint replaced mine in early March and the lady at the Sprint store said it would be a refurbished model, but by dialing ##786 on the phone revealed it's refurb status as "no."

They gave me a new one. Hopefully you'll be as lucky.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    i just received a replacement treo 650 from sprint and it was refurbished. The weird thing was, I checked its status and it said it had a lifetimeminutes usage of only 3 minutes. weird.

Yep, I got my Treo replacement today and it's a similar situation. It's officially "refurbished," but it only has 4 lifetime minutes.

TMann
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann
    My 2 month old Treo has a non-functional side button; after taking it into the Sprint Store today, they agreed that it was a hardware button, and offered to replace the Treo. It has been ordered and will be here around Tuesday. My question is this: Am I going to be receiving a new or a refurbished unit from Sprint? I wasn't sure how they did things in cases such as this.

TMann
    Wow, my one month old Treo just up and decided to stop going "left" on the five way selector today, so I must head into the Sprint store later today.

Did you try at all to get a new model on the spot? I thought I heard cases where people successfully argued. HOw long did it take to get the replacement?

Did you have to give the store back all the original boxing, manuals, cable, etc?

How is the quality of the refurb?
    My Bluetooth, compared to the ten or eleven people who also have 650's, sucks! So today I'm in to the store to see what they can do for me. I really don't care if they give me a refurb or not. I mean, technically, aren't you giving them a used one back?
    I just hope the next one's BT is better. Can't even where this one on my hip and talk, but everyone else I know can! Including my assistant, who bought his a week ago! This is not acceptable! Mine must be the best!! THE BEST!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Have traded in twice - both have been new. Actual trade was completed on the spot at Sprint store.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Have traded in twice - both have been new. Actual trade was completed on the spot at Sprint store.
    Yeah you have a better chance of recieving a new phone if you actually go into a Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    welcome to refurbia

3 replacements all refurbs
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Same here. I think that's the key.. Actually going into a Sprint store and waiting while the "tech looks at it".

I just brought my phone in, and they gave me the whole box with all the stuff, both times! Free extra chargers and calbes!