1.    #1  
    A usually relliable poster on HowardForums says that the 650 made the list of Verizon approved phones.

Speculation on the date is useless in my opinion, but this is a necessary step in the procedure for release to the public.
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
    OK, I've settled down, that probably means, mmm, late June?
    Like I posted earlier, what will I get first, the Vaja special ordered case or the 650 on VZW?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    As long as this thing is out by Sept. 28 when my contract renewal is up I'll be fine. If not (or maybe the i730) I'll be switching to Cingular.
    the 650 has been on the website for about 3-4 weeks as "coming soon", so it is definitely coming, just no idea when
    Now another thread on HoFo says May 11 for biz and May 23 for everyone else.
    Please let this be true!
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    Now another thread on HoFo says May 11 for biz and May 23 for everyone else.
    Please let this be true!
    yeah really!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Verizon is SLOWWWW to release this. What are they waiting for, seriously? Isn't this at least a 6 month old phone, if not more?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #8  
    Verizon's SOP. They claim its due to intense testing requirements, which at times seems true (Their 600, which came out about 8 months after Spring - so this is expected - didnt see the same problems as Sprint did early on), but other phones like their Motorola 720 can be absolute POS.

One could argue that they're simply avoiding the problems that early adopters see, and let other carriers customers work out the bugs first. It has cost them some customers, but I imagine there are many more like myself who stick with Verizon due to the coverage and customer service rather than bleeding edge phone technology.

I'm even sticking with my 650, as I don't see enough reasons to pay an upgrade fee, and deal with the NVFS issues.

Data plan cost is the one thing that would get me looking elsewhere, not phone selection (at this time).
    I have a friend that works for Verizon Wireless and what he had told was that Treo 650 will be release in 2 weeks from today. So that should be good news for everyone right?
    and i want to go from the 600 to the 650. what do you think they will charge me for the 650? if it does not include a major discount ($325 from Sprint) i will be forced to change. sad thing is the early termination fee gets you almost the same place so el crapolaaaaaaaaaaaaa...............
    then you might as well stay with verizon.