1.    #1  
    So i set up my Treo to work on the 14.4 QNC network and that's great for when i'm on the weekend.

but as for a data plan, i told them i was pay as you go.
    my question is...if i turn this on...it only gets used when i get mail right? or use the web? as it sits idle in the back i'm not being charged for it am I? thankyou.!
    No guarantee. If someone sends you a MMS, the connection can activate by itself and stay active.

If you want to use 1x, I'd suggest apps like Battery Doctor which will help control the data connection.

I'm on EN-MOU (using minutes, so free night and weekend data usage), but if I was ever forced to move to a data plan, I'd give serious thought to the unlimited plan.

Otherwise, I recommend keeping a dummy network connection that doesnt go anywhere until you want to use the internet, then change it for that session then change it back.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    No guarantee. If someone sends you a MMS, the connection can activate by itself and stay active.

If you want to use 1x, I'd suggest apps like Battery Doctor which will help control the data connection.

I'm on EN-MOU (using minutes, so free night and weekend data usage), but if I was ever forced to move to a data plan, I'd give serious thought to the unlimited plan.

Otherwise, I recommend keeping a dummy network connection that doesnt go anywhere until you want to use the internet, then change it for that session then change it back.

isn't the current way i'm connecting to the internet EN-MOU? aren't i paying for data like minutes off my plan?
    Depends how long you have had your Treo. If you've had it for three or so months, then probably. If you bought it recently (esp when the America's Choice II plans came out) then you are paying per kilobyte...commonly known as pay as you go, but very different from MOU (using minutes).

Best way to get an idea is to either call #data, or check your online usage statement. If you are being charged per kilobyte, it should show data usage there. If not, more than likely you are using minutes.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Depends how long you have had your Treo. If you've had it for three or so months, then probably. If you bought it recently (esp when the America's Choice II plans came out) then you are paying per kilobyte...commonly known as pay as you go, but very different from MOU (using minutes).

Best way to get an idea is to either call #data, or check your online usage statement. If you are being charged per kilobyte, it should show data usage there. If not, more than likely you are using minutes.

even if i set it up in Network settings to dial #777?
    and VZW and password QNC?
    what about using a site likt mobileweb4u.com ?
    does that take out minutes? or juse use the web as a proxy and for data?
    WEll if you're dialing QNC (very slow connection) then it should come out of your minutes. I thought that 777 was the 1x number and QNC was something else (#QNC?).

But if you're connecting at the very slow speeds (less than 14.4, something like 9600) then you're probably using minutes.