1.    #1  
    Afternoon.....
    As soon as the 650 is available on Verizon, I am going to be renewing our contract and upgrading. I have been trying to gather as much information as I can, but I don have a few questions. These questions may seem elementary...I apologize for that.

1. Phone Plan/Data Plan: Currently we have a Family Share Plan with just cellular phones. When I get the Treo, do we need to upgrade this to add a data plan or can I "pay as I go?

2. Is it smart to pay as I go, if my internet usage will be 1-2 total hours per week?

Thank you. I appreciate your help.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    In my experience:

1) You can add the data plan to any phone, even if it is part of a family share plan. My wife and I have a family share plan, she has a Samsung phone, I've got the T600, with the data plan. It is just a tack on plan similar to adding an SMS plan.

2) When you first get the phone, get the unlimited plan for at least two months. This is important while you try out your new toy, and it will let you know what your usage is. If you plan to use a POP3 mail client such as SnapperMail, your usage will spike up.

Hope that helps.