Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    [Edit: This is no longer an issue. Turned out to be a problem with the phone's receiver.]
    Last edited by mobidutch; 04/30/2005 at 10:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    A prl change like that is not going to change your signal level. If you live in a place with verizon owned network, then the prl is going to tell you to use their network. Both PRL's will tell you the same thing. Also are you basing your signal by "bars"? Better guess is to do the ##33284 Dial, then look at your RSSI value. -90 and above are good #'s. Above meaning -90 to -40.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. Several other users also informed me that the PRL is not the issue, and in fact that most Treo's will have that PRL.

My RSSI value is -104. I typically can't even complete a call without dropping signal. On a Moto V60 I get 4 bars and rock-steady call quality. I don't think the T650 itself has such crappy reception, as I got decent signal on Sprint.

What could be going on here?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch
    Thanks for the reply. Several other users also informed me that the PRL is not the issue, and in fact that most Treo's will have that PRL.

My RSSI value is -104. I typically can't even complete a call without dropping signal. On a Moto V60 I get 4 bars and rock-steady call quality. I don't think the T650 itself has such crappy reception, as I got decent signal on Sprint.

What could be going on here?
    -104 is your problem... signal is in the dirt. Weak reciever in phone. These phones tend to always be weaker than any other phone on the recieve side. Look also at your FER (Forward Erasure Rate) after the call (same screen) . If it is in the 8-15's you are dropping frames and will get choppy audio or drop.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Yup...sure enough. Just held mine up next to a colleague's 650, his RSSI value is consistently 15 points better than mine. Hmmmm.... time for a swap...
    Mobidutch,

After doing the over the air programming with option 1 with *228, did you do *228 again and select option 2 to update your roaming list? I had the same problrm with reception until I did *228 the second time and selected option 2. Before I did that, I only had 2-3 bars at home for a long period of time. Now I have 4-5 bars most of the time. Anyway, just thought this might help.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boxters2
    Mobidutch,

After doing the over the air programming with option 1 with *228, did you do *228 again and select option 2 to update your roaming list? I had the same problrm with reception until I did *228 the second time and selected option 2. Before I did that, I only had 2-3 bars at home for a long period of time. Now I have 4-5 bars most of the time. Anyway, just thought this might help.
    Thx for your input. Turns out the PRL was not the issue, in fact 50287 seems to be the coorect PRL for Treo's on an AC2 plan. The problem is that my Treo has a weak receiver. Getting it swapped...
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch
    Thx for your input. Turns out the PRL was not the issue, in fact 50287 seems to be the coorect PRL for Treo's on an AC2 plan. The problem is that my Treo has a weak receiver. Getting it swapped...
    Who's "swapping" it??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Sprint.
    Sprint is going to take it after you butchered it? (I don't mean that in a demeaning way.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I butchered it back into its original state. :-) All I did was change settings... the receiver was bad to begin with.