1.    #1  
    Pretty much since the upgrade to 1.08 (I think) I see these Vision issues constantly. I am wondering if anyone else saw it or is it my Treo.

Scenario 1: when the phone is not connected to Vision for a while (couple of hours), no arrows (gray or green) and I try to connect it hangs on the "Connecting to PCS Vision" dialog and doesn't go any further. I need to Cancel and off-on the Radio or reset to be able to connect again.

Scenario 2: when the phone is connected to Vision for a while (couple of hours), gray arrows and I try to pull a web page or send/rec on my email app (any internet activity) the phone hangs with green arrows (no actual data shows up) until it times out with can't get page or pop/imap not available.
    Again if I off-on the radio or reset I get a fresh connection and it works.

Any idea? I had this for a few weeks (since I updated to 1.08, I think).
    I just traveled to another state so I can almost confirm it is not a local network issue.

BTW, voice keeps working during the whole time, can get/initiate calls with no problem. reset/off-on is only required if I need the data Vision part to work again.

Thanks!
    Ix.
    What other apps are running in the background? I've never had the problem you describe, but it sounds like another app may be to blame.
    Although I haven't experienced Scenario 1, I have had sporadic issues described in Scenario 2.

I generally have to go to Preferences\Network and Disconnect the data connection and reconnect. I haven't experienced this issue for about two weeks now (since I've installed Chatter??).

I have chatter and Butler running in the backround.
  4.    #4  
    I decided to temporary remove TreoGuard, OnCradleOn and Butler (I'll keep ChatterEmail as I can't *live* without it)... few hours passed and so far so good. Will let it run a few days to verify and then add one app at a time.

Thanks for the recommendation.
  5.    #5  
    I think I traced the problem to TealLock (http://www.tealpoint.com/softlock.htm), I removed TealLock (and the above mentioned apps) and the problem went away.
    I decided to restore TealLock only and right away my network connection died after a few minutes.
    Uininstalled and it works again.

Seems strange (as TealLock should have nothing to do with the data connection)...

Any idea of a good (comparable) security application that can replace TealLock?
    Btw- Do you keep any folders online in Chatter? I have a fastmail folder that I keep online; however, I notice from time to time a red slash through an envelope on the bottom right hand part of the screen. It comes and goes.

I have a Verizonized 650 and am wonder if it's Verizon's data network that disconnects and reconnects from time to time?

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    Although I haven't experienced Scenario 1, I have had sporadic issues described in Scenario 2.

I generally have to go to Preferences\Network and Disconnect the data connection and reconnect. I haven't experienced this issue for about two weeks now (since I've installed Chatter??).

I have chatter and Butler running in the backround.