1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if I have to sign up for a phone plan in order to get an unlimited data plan for a Treo? I already have a cell phone (under contract) and may be getting a Treo from someone, so I thought it would be nice to use with the data plan and not as a cell phone. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruinfanjb
    Does anyone know if I have to sign up for a phone plan in order to get an unlimited data plan for a Treo?
    I have a friend who does exactly that. He tells me he pays $45/mo. for VZW unlimited internet, but that he doesn't have phone service on his Treo 600, preferring his smaller cell phone for that. BUT, you may want to check by asking a VZW representative. While my friend was visiting, he used his Treo 600 to call his cell phone so he could find where he'd left it. That, to me, means he's paying for two cell phones. He's in a big law firm with an IT budget he doesn't understand, so it might be that he's just wasting money for two cell phone plans.
    All, check this out.

I followed this link, http://www.vzwshop.com/treo, to complete a form for the Treo 600 and as I walked through the process, it did not give me the option of choosing a data plan. Instead, it only provided me the option of America's Choice plans, which included this in bold text,

"America's Choicesm
    All your included minutes are national minutes, so you can call from anywhere to anywhere coast to coast on the America's Choice network and pay NO roaming or long distance charges. This plan also includes the PDA/Smartphone Unlimited usage feature with a 2 year service agreement."

Does this mean VZW will be lowering the cost of their Smartphone plan or integrating it with the minute plans?
    Is it possible to do the same thing with Sprint?