Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got off the phone with a Verizon Sales Rep. I asked if the Treo 650 was released yet, and if he knew when it would become avalable. He told me it was not yet avalable and that it WILL BE RELEASED MID MAY!!! I wish they would release it already!!! I am very tempted to switch to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy2684
    I just got off the phone with a Verizon Sales Rep. I asked if the Treo 650 was released yet, and if he knew when it would become avalable. He told me it was not yet avalable and that it WILL BE RELEASED MID MAY!!! I wish they would release it already!!! I am very tempted to switch to Sprint.
    thanks for the update!!! Yippee I think...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    don't hold your breath!

Another release rumor...... When it comes out, it comes out.

I agree with the poster above me.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I'm over here in San Francisco and the Verizon website has the Treo600 as "out-of-stock". Maybe it will be soon.
    Well, looks like Treonauts website has just reset their countdown clock to may 2nd.
    if you hold your breath until may 2, prepare to see pope john paul
    oh no - a pope 'related' joke - lol

Yeah -this wait sucks - And I have a sprint 650. I'm trying to get my friend one.

BOOOOOOo
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    As a matter of Internet policy, I never comment on spelling mistakes, but the really hilarious part of this post is that there are no spelling errors in the post. The grammar is weak, but there's not a single spelling error ... until you read the apologetic signature!

There is humor everywhere if only you look for it.
    Geez --- I actually spelled everything right? I'll have to work on that.

so when is the verizon version going to be available ?!?
    da Gimp

Available for business channel orders on Friday, April 29th. Available in stores and consumer channels approximately 4-6 weeks later. I got this information from my co's Corp Rep in NYC who is a major salesman for VZW and his info to me has always been in advance and reliable. He told me one week before the VX6600 with camera would be available and it was to the day. Same with the Blackberry with BT that they released a few months ago. Hope this helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    Available for business channel orders on Friday, April 29th. Available in stores and consumer channels approximately 4-6 weeks later. I got this information from my co's Corp Rep in NYC who is a major salesman for VZW and his info to me has always been in advance and reliable. He told me one week before the VX6600 with camera would be available and it was to the day. Same with the Blackberry with BT that they released a few months ago. Hope this helps...
    Can you ask him about the Samsung i730 also?
    Quote Originally Posted by babyrocket
    Can you ask him about the Samsung i730 also?
    When he first brought up that phone to me a while ago, while I was demoing the VX, he said "very soon." He has since changed that to an "I have no idea- there appear to be delays" tune- which seem to be confirmed elsewhere. For a change, I am not sure the delays are VZW's fault.
    Ya, I am done waiting for verizon, for EVERY phone that they release. 2 weeks ago I started moving out 25 lines over to Cingular. Moved the first 5 onto treo 650's, and everyone is happy so far with the service, and love the phone. Oh, and we'll probably cut our bill in 1/2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    I stopped in my local VZW corp store yesterday, asked the sales reps, they didn't know anything new, so I told them I'm hearing May 2 for B2B and early June for everyone else.
    I asked if I since my current phone is crippled (speaker doesn't work, need a handsfree device to use the phone), would they sell it to me B2B? They didn't know so they gave me the no. of a biz rep.
    I'm calling her Monday to see if she can sell me one when they first come out. My contract expires May 19 so I hope this facilitates a happy result.
    One thing this site has tought me - forget local stores when it comes to info.

Jeff- thanks for the info. I'm in NYC also and work for a large financial company - I'm going to call the VZ rep tomarrow.
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by docuw
    Duh!
    "Coming Soon" could mean anything. Most likely it means "OK, we heard you, now stop calling us to ask when it's going to be out!" This only fueled the fire more. In order to make informed decisions about our wireless plans, we should be given some kind of notice. Should we wait, or should we jump ship? Not an option in my case, because no other ship has coverage in my area...
    I'm not certain where this goes, so I apologize for the double post.

All, check this out.

I followed this link, http://www.vzwshop.com/treo, to complete a form for the Treo 600 and as I walked through the process, it did not give me the option of choosing a data plan. Instead, it only provided me the option of America's Choice plans, which included this in bold text,

"America's Choicesm
    All your included minutes are national minutes, so you can call from anywhere to anywhere coast to coast on the America's Choice network and pay NO roaming or long distance charges. This plan also includes the PDA/Smartphone Unlimited usage feature with a 2 year service agreement."

Does this mean VZW will be lowering the cost of their Smartphone plan or integrating it with the minute plans?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast