Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Just talked to my biz rep. Wed is the day. She's going to call me to place the order, get it overnighted so I'm going to have it on Thurs.
    Now I'm getting pumped. Three more days and I will join the rest of you as Treo owners!
    I wouldn't be holding my breath just yet... but it would be a pleasant surprise if they're right...
    Any truth to what a guy (Verizon dealer/reseller) said about them testing so long because the 650 will support broadband speeds ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rh71
    Any truth to what a guy (Verizon dealer/reseller) said about them testing so long because the 650 will support broadband speeds ?
    Well, it certainly isn't expected to support EVDO. My understanding is that any delay would be due to the normal RF testing regimen Verizon puts all its devices through... with the goal being better quality of service.
    My VZW B2B rep also confirmed that Wednesday is the day. I am e-mailing him my order for two units today and they will ship overnight or second day on Wednesday for delivery this week. Finally!!! He said he had over 100 orders to put in on this. Yikes...
    Has anyone checked out treonauts.com? There's a posting about the Earthlink Treo 650 saying that it is fully Ev-DO compatible. Also, Earthlink doesn't have its own towers but simplely lets people roam on Verizon and Sprint's CDMA network. I've been waiting for the Verizon 650 since the dawn of time and so far the general consensus is that there isn't any Ev-DO. Can someone please enlighten me? How could Sprint and Verizon's Treo 650 not have Ev-DO yet Earthlink's will?
    I would put much faith in what that blog has to say. How many times have they reset their "Verizon Wireless Countdown"?

EVDO in a Treo 650 is just a dream. If it were true Verizon would have been shouting and screaming about that since they announced the device. For that matter so would EarthLink, an ISP primarily and very concious about using keywords that imply high bandwith. Nothing doing.

Don't hold your breath for EVDO in this Treo. That is clearly a next generation feature. And IMHO I would want bandwidth like that in a much stronger device with more built in ram to actually take advantage of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    My VZW B2B rep also confirmed that Wednesday is the day. I am e-mailing him my order for two units today and they will ship overnight or second day on Wednesday for delivery this week. Finally!!! He said he had over 100 orders to put in on this. Yikes...
    I hope they a large amount stockpiled, it would suck if you call your biz rep Wed morning and they're already sold out and you have to wait for the second batch.

It is so close. I'm so used to a flip phone and a Tungsten C, it's going to feel weird at first with a candy-bar style phone that has a much smaller screen than the C.
    But I have a hunch, I'm going to adapt quickly!
    B2B Rep was able to place the order today for overnight delivery for arrival on the 11th.
    Price: 459.00 retail
    399.00 B2B
    299.00 NE2
    My corp Price- 349.00-100.00 NE2 Total 249.99
    Rep had no knowledge of a discount for the unlimited data plan but he is researching it for me as it is available on every other data phone, if it is available he will credit my account for the ammount of the discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodiumlake
    B2B Rep was able to place the order today for overnight delivery for arrival on the 11th.
    Price: 459.00 retail
    399.00 B2B
    299.00 NE2
    My corp Price- 349.00-100.00 NE2 Total 249.99
    Rep had no knowledge of a discount for the unlimited data plan but he is researching it for me as it is available on every other data phone, if it is available he will credit my account for the ammount of the discount.
    Nice. You may be the first to get one since my rep says she can't order until Wed. I'm looking forward to using my NE2 too!
    Just ordered my 650 at a Verizon store. Available today B2B only, May 23rd for everybody else. I am not a B2B customer but my current phone was held together with scotch tape and unable to receive incoming calls so the local manager felt bad and ordered one for me! I'll have it first thing tomorrow morning!

$399.99 is what I paid minus a $50 mail in rebate. Only took 6 f'ing months but I will finally have it tomorrow.

is the unlimited data plan "locked" into 2 years or can you ditch it????
    My corporate person gave me this 650 pricing, phone released tomorrow:

$269.99 for phone
    WITH a two-year contract plus a phone plan and unlimited data.

I have NE2 which they said they would honor that with the corporate discount, which would get me to $169.99. I also have another $30 coupon they sent me (my contract ran out a few months ago) which would get me to $139.99. Not so confident these discounts will occur.

Data is 35.99 with a voice plan, 49.99 if no voice plan.
    I get 500 minutes AC for 45.49, so final monthly price is about $80.

Very excited! Ready to retire my StarTac and sell my Tungsten C.

Edited to add: Indeed, the NE2 did not apply. But I am ending up at about the same price as those using NE2, since our corp price is starting out lower.
    Last edited by cambridge; 05/10/2005 at 09:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with my rep, wish I would have done this earlier but I couldn't reach him. Anyway, ordered my 650 for $349.00 plus $100.00 off for NE2.

Since it was after 2:30 he said it wouldn't ship till tomorrow so I won't get it until either Thursday or Friday.

Finally I will be able to use a bluetooth headseat without some dongle hanging off my phone!
    Congrats to all who now have orders in the pipeline!!! We want Pics!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Boy, do I feel like a second-class citizen! I have to wait two more whole weeks!!!!

Mark
    I was in the Verizon store here in Grapevine, TX today and they said they would be launching the Treo 650 on May 23. I can't wait to get mine.
    I can't really see if the Verizon version has a different color case...is it dark grey or blue?
    business people: did you have to go through sales reps to get the phone? cause i called verizon and they said the contact listed at my business has to place all orders...
    I purchased my 600 2 months ago and asked the CSR if I could trade for a 650 even up and she said "no problem" it will ship by May 23rd.

sooooo yea haaa.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast