Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 106
  1. #41  
    From HowardForums, earlier tonight.
    This is a post from member VZW Employee. Their info is usually dead on correct.
    This is the info we've all been eagerly and anxiously awaiting for.
    May 11 can't come soon enough, I'm calling my company's B2B rep Monday morning to confirm this and maybe pre-order.
    Guess my Vaja case won't beat the release date after all! ; )


    Treo 650 Release/Info..............................

    Well the launch dates changed slightly from my last update but whats nice is the retail launch is whithin May insted of June now! The PalmOne Treo 650 will be available in our B2B channel on Wednesday 5/11/2005. Retail, Internet and Indirect launches are scheduled for 5/23/2005. The biggest changes from the Treo 600 are Bluetooth,Higher resolution screen, Backlit keypad, Faster processor, & Changeable battery. As always these date are subject to change.

    General Features
    All Digital
    Bluetooth Enabled
    Camera
    Clam Style Design
    Infrared Port
    QWERTY keyboard
    Wireless SYNC
    Memory 32 MB (built-in, shared flash memory)
    (23 MB available)
    Camera Resolution: VGA (640 x 480)
    Platform / OS Palm OS
    version 5.4 / 312 MHz Intel PXA270 processor
    Expansion Card Card Type: MultiMediaCard(MMC)/Secure Digital (SD)supports SDIO

    Specifications
    Up to 150 Minutes Usage Time
    Up to 72 Hours Stand by Time
    4.58 oz.
    5.10H x 2.30W x 0.98D inches

    Packaged With Handset
    Headset
    Power Adapter
    QRG
    Stylus (2)
    USB HotSync Cable
    User Manual
    Welcome CD
    National Pricing Info
    High Tier
    1Yr Contract - $449.99
    2Yr Contract - $399.99
    No Contract - $529.99
  2. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #42  
    clam style design?????
  3. jstpa's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    clam style design?????
    Yeah, it's clam style, as in -- smells fishy
  4. #44  
    "As always these dates are subject to change."
    This pretty much sums it up. Lets hope that May 11 is the date for all of us. My deadline is June 1st. Verizon has until then to announce official release, otherwise bye bye Verizon, hello Sprint or Cingulair! If they delay this any longer than that, I think everyone who posts here should switch providers.
  5. #45  
    Stopped at my local VZW store today, tech said the date for B2B is May 11, May 23 for everyone else, goes along with what else we've seen here and on other boards.
    The 650 has been approved, now we wait.
    Bring it on!
  6. #46  
    My contract for verizon ends in a month, but I was asking my self, why would I get the trio if the data plans are excessively priced compared to all other carriers? Will they change their data plans?
  7. jstpa's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #47  
    why would they? what event would trigger a change? they are the only provider with a high speed network in place (even though the treo is incapable of using it), so what competitive factor is there that would make them reduce their data plan rates?
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by chilliwillie
    "As always these dates are subject to change."
    This pretty much sums it up. Lets hope that May 11 is the date for all of us. My deadline is June 1st. Verizon has until then to announce official release, otherwise bye bye Verizon, hello Sprint or Cingulair! If they delay this any longer than that, I think everyone who posts here should switch providers.

    Yeah, I'll live with terrible reception because you can't wait for your phone to come out.

    Verizon's service is top notch, and in the end, that's all that matters. Being able to make and receive calls and hear the person on the other end.

    Erik
  9. #49  
    I agree with you Erik, but what I'm not willing to do is to pay more than what I pay for a voice plan in data charges. $45? Come on. Offer better alternatives Verizon.
  10. #50  
    I don't know if they're going to force it out or not, but I have it on a pretty reliable source (VZW operations mgr I know) that the 650's haven't been passing muster in their RF testing. Mind you, this testing is pretty rigorous. I don't have confirmation if they'll slip the date as a result... but, would YOU want to get one early and have RF problems? He didn't have the specific issues to share... but if they don't pass, they don't pass. *shrug*
  11. #51  
    It's linked elsewhere on the 650 hardware board but for those who just want to see it...
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...03-05_0905.jpg

    I wanted to post a pic but I don't know how, so here's the link
  12. #52  
    I was really hoping this would come out before tomorrow - I'm headed to Vegas and I don't think I have the self control to not spend the money I have set aside for the Treo at the blackjack table! Oh well.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro7
    I was really hoping this would come out before tomorrow - I'm headed to Vegas and I don't think I have the self control to not spend the money I have set aside for the Treo at the blackjack table! Oh well.
    I've played the waiting game with Verizon just once, when I was hoping they'd come out with bluetooth headsets with keyboards -- at which time I went with the Nokia 6820 and AT&T (and later Cingular). This time, knowing I was looking at the 650, I decided not to wait at all and go with the product I needed... and the providers who actually had it at the time. Mind you, if I had a 600 I'd probably wait due to the incremental nature. Just depends on one's circumstances whether it make sense to wait.
  14. #54  
    Do you guys think that Verizon's website will announce when the 650 will finally be available or will the day just come where new t650 boxes will show up at retail store's back doors and that will be their indication that they can offically sell them to us? How has it worked in the past with other phones? When I first started pestering the sales reps about the release back in march, I was told by everyone that Verizon Corporate has to inform them at least 1 week prior to the release in order to give them time to train on the device. If this is true, then the T650 won't be out on the 11th because my sales reps haven't been informed of the release today. (unless their full of it) which is entirely possible. Does anyone remember how they handled announcments for the T600 when it's release was questioned?
  15. #55  
    there were only a view stores that had the 600 when it was officially released. The only people that knew anything of it were the data reps in the callcenter. It will probably be the same this time. It will be released by phone only. In other words, the csrs at the stores don't need to be informed. IMHO anyway. Get on the mailing list at the verizon site and they will hopefully email us when it ready to go.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosiv122
    Yeah, I'll live with terrible reception because you can't wait for your phone to come out.

    Verizon's service is top notch, and in the end, that's all that matters. Being able to make and receive calls and hear the person on the other end.

    Erik

    True, but you have to admit that if you want to have a service provider that offers the latest smartphones and technology when it's available, Verizon is not the way to go. They may rank #1 with service and reception, but their dead last in releasing new technology. To some people that matters more than getting a dropped call once and a great while. I just wish VZW would stop being 6 months behind everyone else, thats all. But thanks for the sarcastic comment anyways.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    there were only a view stores that had the 600 when it was officially released. The only people that knew anything of it were the data reps in the callcenter. It will probably be the same this time. It will be released by phone only. In other words, the csrs at the stores don't need to be informed. IMHO anyway. Get on the mailing list at the verizon site and they will hopefully email us when it ready to go.
    Yep, Im definatley on that mailing list. I think the best way to go I guess would be just placing on on-line order, then at least you don't have to drive to a retailer and find out their all out. I hope your right about the csrs not being informed because that means it definatley still is possible that it could be availble on may 11th
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    I agree with you Erik, but what I'm not willing to do is to pay more than what I pay for a voice plan in data charges. $45? Come on. Offer better alternatives Verizon.
    If your paying less then $45 a month on your voice plan, you can pick any carrier you want, you don't use your phone that often. My personal phone is over $300 a month easily without the data plan. I dropped the data plan and picked up the $80 PCCard solution. I require perfect signal and reception...it's just not possible with any other carrier.

    Erik
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by chilliwillie
    True, but you have to admit that if you want to have a service provider that offers the latest smartphones and technology when it's available, Verizon is not the way to go. They may rank #1 with service and reception, but their dead last in releasing new technology. To some people that matters more than getting a dropped call once and a great while. I just wish VZW would stop being 6 months behind everyone else, thats all. But thanks for the sarcastic comment anyways.
    Nobody would argue that Verizon is not last to release phones. Verizon gives 2 things over other carriers, service and quality. Their service is top notch, everyone agrees to that. I have essentially perfect signal from one end of the country to the other. The quality of their phones, sans my POS 720, is hands above other carriers. My friend with cingular is on his 8th Treo 650. He keeps getting endless loops (without installing other apps). Apparently their quality control sucks. I've sent my treo in for repair once, and it was my fault for TXT some random company who replied and caused my phone to loop. They overnighted me a new phone and I sent mine back. No problems. But it's a dead issue...either wait or switch, if you switch, you'll love your phone but hate everytime you use it. Want to test it? Make sure you tell everyone to leave a message everytime they call and get your tape...you'll see how many missed calls you get real quickly...it's jaw dropping.

    Erik
  20. #60  
    But when I do need to use my phone, I want to be able to make and receive calls. And when I call CS, I want to be able to have the situation resolved promptly and accurately.

    Most of my family, friends, and employees are on Verizon. It's the carrier that works for me. I'm certainly not a heavy user, but it's my carrier of choice.

    Unfortunately, their data plans aren't even close to being competitive like their voice plans are. Hopefully that will change in the future. Until then, I'll use MOU.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions