Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Not to add fuel to the fire (well, maybe it is); I stopped into a VZW store and asked about release dates for the 650. The salesman told me they had just been informed that May 18th will be 'official' release date, but not to expect them in the stores "right away".
    Does this mean that I have that square in the "VZW650 release pool"?
    I rec'd an email from my B2B guy today and he said that we are looking at 2 week delivery.
    That would be 5/9.
    I am taking that as my date on the "VZW650 release pool".
    my B2B guy said early june as there were "problems" during the testing.
    I tried this and I see what you're talking about. Very interesting.

"All your included minutes are national minutes, so you can call from anywhere to anywhere coast to coast on the America's Choice network and pay NO roaming or long distance charges. This plan also includes the PDA/Smartphone Unlimited usage feature with a 2 year service agreement."

I found that in the checkout process I could Add the Data plan later, but it does not appear to be required. So, this could mean one of three things:
    1) Data Plans are not required to buy Treos. Hooray!
    2) Data Plans are free with 2-year commitment. Hooray!!!!
    3) Verizon has a vengeful HTML Producer on their hands, who is trying to subtly screw with us as we pore over every detail on their site. BOOO!!!

I'm hoping we're looking at a May release... I'd really like to upgrade soon...
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    I just spent about 20 minutes on the phone with a verizon customer service agent, and he didn't even know anything about that offer until I got him to load up the website.

In the end, he told me I'd have to request a data plan at a later point. He couldn't explain to me what it meant that the PDA/Smartphone Unlimited feature was "included." I gave him a few options -- 1. that i was required to get a data plan to get a Treo. He said no. 2. that I would be committed to the PDA/S Unlimited for 2 years. He said no. 3. the data plan was bundled into the minutes plan. He said no.

Then he very helpfully directed me to their data rates suggesting that if data rates were too expensive I might look at the 5MB plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantsatreo
    Then he very helpfully directed me to their data rates suggesting that if data rates were too expensive I might look at the 5MB plan.
    Your tone here is hysterical.

I suppose we'll see, but I just don't see Verizon making a drastic change in their data policy anytime soon, especially since the other carriers haven't done so. (plans are pretty much the same as they were last year).
    Unfortunately they only update your data usage info every few days so it can be easy to go over the 5MB limit if you're not careful.
    My B2B VZW rep also gave me some bad news yesterday on the release and said it will be at least another few weeks. I am loaded up on accex and am starting to get a really bad feeling on this. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    My B2B VZW rep also gave me some bad news yesterday on the release and said it will be at least another few weeks. I am loaded up on accex and am starting to get a really bad feeling on this. :-(
    And I just ordered a Vaja Case! Sigh! Will the wait ever end?
    I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come. Only someone keeps moving the date back on me. At least most of you have a 600 to use until the 650 comes out I'm still trying to make my Kyocera 7135 work.
    Even though I'm not a biz customer, I talked to my local VZW corp rep today. She told me the phone is still in testing, but close to being done. She didn't have a date but said if she had to guess, towards the end of May. She told me even though I am not a biz customer, because the company I work for does biz with VZW, I could get the phone B2B in my name and even a small discount.
    May is going to be a slow month.
    patchs - I thought I was going nuts, but I feel better after reading your post.... I, too, just bought a case, pen stylus, screen protector, and Bluetooth headset in anticipation of my Verizon 650!

I've even got my wife anxiously awaiting its arrival, since I've promised her my T5 to replace her Zire!
    Quote Originally Posted by mphcj5
    At least most of you have a 600 to use until the 650 comes out I'm still trying to make my Kyocera 7135 work.
    hehe. Kyocera, you say. I'm still working with my Newtons, here! The screens are scratched, the batteries don't hold a charge for a day. There are few suppliers of replacements, and they overcharge for batteries that don't last as long. Besides, I haven't been able to synchronize since OS 9; haven't been able to connect to a network since AppleTalk; and haven't been able to print or fax since I can't recall. But, it is *still* the best PDA ever made. Unfortunately, it's over, and it's time to move on. But, there's no sense in moving just to be unhappy. So, I wait and wait.

Cingular is looking better and better, but the network isn't supposed to be as good as Verizon where my daughter is in school. So, I wait and wait.
    Got off the phone with my co's VZW rep this afternoon and it is not good news. The phone's release has been delayed, but he does not know if it is for "testing" issues or something as simple as building inventory of the unit. He assured me that it will be released, but he no longer wants to even give me a date. When I pushed, he said minimum 2-3 weeks.

Wife and I are very bummed. Have the following on standby...
    extra battery, cradle, screen protectors, new styli, 2 Treo Wireless Headsets, auto and travel chargers, the works. Only haven't gotten new holster for me and red Covertec form fit case for wife.

Biggest issue for me is I am looking to leave my company in the short-term and obviously want to get the two new 650's on the co's dime. Hee hee. It would be a nice goodbye present. :-)

The wait continues...
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian
    patchs - I thought I was going nuts, but I feel better after reading your post.... I, too, just bought a case, pen stylus, screen protector, and Bluetooth headset in anticipation of my Verizon 650!

I've even got my wife anxiously awaiting its arrival, since I've promised her my T5 to replace her Zire!
    I'm giving my wife my Tungsten C to replace her old Visor Prism.
    I already bought "Now You Know Treo" and skimmed through it. And today, ordered the Vaja case.
    Waiting this long, it has to be worth it.
    I hope.
    I think it's safe to say that most Verizon reps (any whatever level) don't really have a clue what's going on.

It will be out when it's out. Don't count on it even coming out until you see it on Verizon's main site (not vzshop or whatever). Then, you know it's imminent.
    Working in Sales for a manufacture I know what it is like to bring a new product out, however a little communication from Verison would go along way to cool my anger and desire to switch to another carrier. Sprint is my only other choice in this market and they have such terrible covverage that I hate to go with them.
    Just to add some fuel to the fire, I went to my local Verizon store today and talked to a rep there. I asked if he had any news on the release of the 650 and he said that he knows that it will be here for sure before the end of May. I asked about the B2b deal and he told me that this phone WILL NOT be released to business customers first. It will be launched at retail Verizon stores with availabilty to ALL consumers at the same time. He has been pretty accurate about other release info and so I don't doubt him this time either.
    Quote Originally Posted by chilliwillie
    Just to add some fuel to the fire, I went to my local Verizon store today and talked to a rep there. I asked if he had any news on the release of the 650 and he said that he knows that it will be here for sure before the end of May. I asked about the B2b deal and he told me that this phone WILL NOT be released to business customers first. It will be launched at retail Verizon stores with availabilty to ALL consumers at the same time. He has been pretty accurate about other release info and so I don't doubt him this time either.
    well here's hoping!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    The fact is that we will not know when this will come out until the day it does. We will wake up one morning, and there it will be...the headlines "Verizon finally releases the Treo 650!" It will be followed by the page 2 item..."Hell Freezes Over".

Found myself wanting this phone today on the way home...to check the local weather radar, check my email and news. This is the longest I have had to wait for an anticipated gadget. The previous wait was three months for the Coronado SolarMax 40 solar hydrogen-alpha filter for my telescope. Two years later, I am glad I waited. I hope the Treo 650 proves to be similar.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast