1.    #1  
    Save on Vision Service
    April 15, 2005
    ...good news for all you guys who don't want to spend the extra $15 for the vision services, as of April 14th, Sprint Pcs, started to offer the vision services for only $10/a month, instead of the normal $15, this is a sweet deal for those of us who only use it for data purposes, or for the picture mail, the only drawback is that with the $10 vision service you do not recieve the $5 a month credit towards downloads, like you would on the $15 one, this is just f.y.i. that I though you guys would all like to know.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Also, if you have more than one phone on your account but don't need the vision on all phones, you can designate a "non-data" phone as the primary on your account and all secondary phones (ie the Treos) can have Vision for $5.00/month. I have 5 phones on my account and only needed vision on one.
    I just spoke to Sprint customer service about designating a non-data phone as primary and she said you can do that, but the "non-data" phone has to be vision-capable. So as strange as it sounds, Sprint will let me have $5/month Vision for my Treo if I buy my wife a new phone even if I don't activate Vision on that phone. I know you get different answers from different service reps, but she was very confident in her information.
    I was pretty confident in my information too.
  5.    #5  
    Same here I got my daughter a phone (Nokia) just for the phone & share minutes not a bad deal. The bad thing is, SMS is a big thing for 13 year olds...! Now she wants a camera phone, ha!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Save on Vision Service
    April 15, 2005
    ...good news for all you guys who don't want to spend the extra $15 for the vision services, as of April 14th, Sprint Pcs, started to offer the vision services for only $10/a month, instead of the normal $15, this is a sweet deal for those of us who only use it for data purposes, or for the picture mail, the only drawback is that with the $10 vision service you do not recieve the $5 a month credit towards downloads, like you would on the $15 one, this is just f.y.i. that I though you guys would all like to know.
    I just checked out the sprintpcs.com site and it doesn't show any change in the vision services pricing. Are you sure it isn't for less than unlimited usage?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Did this change just a little over a month ago...typical Sprint, I just found out they charged me a "pro-rated fee" or something like that for the switch in Vision service ("just for this month" the Sprint reps say)...so my phone bill is actually $5 bucks higher this month! ($75 versus $70.) For all that trouble, I should have kept the $15/month Internet charge! Sheesh! I'm hoping the switch in savings will be worth it in subsequnt months.

Going with that theme, I'm month-month with Sprint (Since January 2005). I'm also banking on delayed gratifaction with the new data service that will be available late this year/eary next. Hopefully they'll have some type of bundle like a MobiTV/basic unlimited Internet package (or something similar) by that time--then I would also apply that 'every 18 month' discounted handset deal which I haven't yet used!

###